Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dominiongamma

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2014
Phoenix. AZ
Nice! Just spent $20 to get this with expedited shipping. Should have it within a week. Seems like it’ll satisfy my needs of a nice back case to go with my keyboard. Charcoal colored one will go nice with the color of the Smart Keyboard I think
I ordered it too! Looks good!

Yankee512

Suspended
Apr 29, 2017
Nice! Just spent $20 to get this with expedited shipping. Should have it within a week. Seems like it’ll satisfy my needs of a nice back case to go with my keyboard. Charcoal colored one will go nice with the color of the Smart Keyboard I think

Same here. Got mine ordered and hopefully it works!

Elwots

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2016
This looks like the the winner, however, I don't have a smart keyboard yet. So, which one will be the best match for the keyboard. I know I would prefer the back cover and the keyboard to be uniform, color wise.

I had this same case for my 9.7 Pro. It's ok, but the inside of it is just hard plastic and stuff would get between it and the back of my iPad. I was too worried about it getting scratched up in there so I ended up switching to the Apple Silicone back cover... which obviously isn't an option this time around. I don't get why there aren't third party back covers similar to the Apple one. Does Apple have a patent on using microfiber inside the case or making it out of a decent material? I've been considering going with the UAG case for my 10.5, since it does work with the Smart Keyboard.

Edit: to answer your question, charcoal is the color that matches the keyboard.

Last edited:

itsjustmeee

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2008
I had this same case for my 9.7 Pro. It's ok, but the inside of it is just hard plastic and stuff would get between it and the back of my iPad. I was too worried about it getting scratched up in there so I ended up switching to the Apple Silicone back cover... which obviously isn't an option this time around. I don't get why there aren't third party back cover similar to the Apple one. Does Apple have a patent on using microfiber inside the case or making it out of a decent material? I've been considering going with the UAG case for my 10.5, since it does work with the Smart Keyboard.

I ended up going with this one anyway ....

https://www.amazon.com/iPad-10-5-Inch-Midnight-Color/dp/B072MK68SH?tag=macrumors-20

itsjustmeee

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2008
That's the one I had, except in charcoal to match the keyboard. It is a decent cover and does the job, my OCD just couldn't handle the hard plastic inside.

Yeah, I don't have a keyboard and probably won't plan on getting one. Since this isn't transparent, i'm wondering if a really thin cloth or something could be put inside the shell between the iPad and it in case anyone is worried about getting scratches.

LibbyLA

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2017
Yeah, I don't have a keyboard and probably won't plan on getting one. Since this isn't transparent, i'm wondering if a really thin cloth or something could be put inside the shell between the iPad and it in case anyone is worried about getting scratches.

Or "skin" the iPad.

Elwots

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2016
Or "skin" the iPad.

I actually had a dbrand skin on my iPad before I started trying back covers. Unfortunately even a skin was too much added thickness and the iPad wouldn't "clip" into the back cover.

Not trying to bash on the cover, lol, it's fine. Just saying I didn't prefer it.

minik

macrumors demi-god
Jun 25, 2007
somewhere
I went to the Apple Store this afternoon to pick up the 10.5-inch iPad Pro smart cover and asked about the silicon case. Similar answer here, the staff told me it's coming. He also claimed it happens before with the delay product accessories.

dominiongamma

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2014
Phoenix. AZ
I went to the Apple Store this afternoon to pick up the 10.5-inch iPad Pro smart cover and asked about the silicon case. Similar answer here, the staff told me it's coming. He also claimed it happens before with the delay product accessories.
I hope it will be compatible with the Smart Keyboard

kart

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2011
AU
Has anyone purchased the i-blason clear hybrid rear case? There is one review and it claims that the apple keyboard does not work. The ad says that it is compatible..can anyone verify this..

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
Has anyone purchased the i-blason clear hybrid rear case? There is one review and it claims that the apple keyboard does not work. The ad says that it is compatible..can anyone verify this..
It doesn't even start shipping until tomorrow. Pretty sure that review is fake. I have one ordered that should be delivered on Friday but I don't own a keyboard to confirm.

ryanmcv

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
It doesn't even start shipping until tomorrow. Pretty sure that review is fake. I have one ordered that should be delivered on Friday but I don't own a keyboard to confirm.
Yeah, even i-Blason commented on the review:
Dear Customer,
This item has not been shipped out yet. How could you get one? You must be leaving a wrong review.
Please note that this item is compatible for the smart cover and the smart keyboard.
Any question, please free feel to contact us.
Regards,
i-Blason CSR

Reactions: willmtaylor

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
I'm going to school in the fall so hopefully Moshi will have their back cover out by then, that way I can pair it with the smart keyboard. All these other back covers are not something I would like to have. I guess they'll do the job for now but I'd rather wait for something higher in quality.

laela

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2010
I'm going to school in the fall so hopefully Moshi will have their back cover out by then, that way I can pair it with the smart keyboard. All these other back covers are not something I would like to have. I guess they'll do the job for now but I'd rather wait for something higher in quality.
Seems like they'll be out of business more likely. Their website's like a ghost town. Out of stock on everything.

eneisch

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
I received my replacement case from Luvvitt today. The opening for the Smart Case/Smart Keyboard has been fixed and now works fine. Overall very happy with this case. I also broke down and ordered a Poetic case with pencil holder in smoke gray, but that won't come till next week.

kissfan

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2011
Florida
I was going to buy this one but read the reviews on Amazon. Many people are saying there are fitment issues.

I received email from the company. They pulled shipments (mine was about to ship) because of the fitment issues.

They expect it to ship next week or two.

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011

laela

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2010
This company makes nice leather cases. Got one for my 6S from them before. They make a leather back cover for the 10.5:
http://www.storyleather.com/smart-p...ther-slate-back-cover-for-apple-ipad-pro.html

Just ordered a white, smooth fine grain model to go with my midnight blue leather Smart Cover.

They also make a full case (leather back cover with permanently attached leather smart cover):
http://www.storyleather.com/smart-p...made-smart-shell-case-for-apple-ipad-pro.html
Hmmm 30 days shipping ("production lead time") from... China? Not enough screenshots of polycarbonate case, etc. No specs like weight. No obvious 3rd party reviews.

https://www.bbb.org/losangelessilic...127/reviews-and-complaints?section=complaints

Last edited:

Crit_Obs

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2017
This company makes nice leather cases. Got one for my 6S from them before. They make a leather back cover for the 10.5:
http://www.storyleather.com/smart-p...ther-slate-back-cover-for-apple-ipad-pro.html

Just ordered a white, smooth fine grain model to go with my midnight blue leather Smart Cover.

They also make a full case (leather back cover with permanently attached leather smart cover):
http://www.storyleather.com/smart-p...made-smart-shell-case-for-apple-ipad-pro.html

Is the inside of the cradle lined with leather as well, or is it bare naked pvc as is the case with Vaja's cheapest model?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.