Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Krizoitz

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2003
Tokyo, Japan
Guessing there are some people at Apple not getting any sleep tonight. Hate to be the guys/gals responsible for this system. Yeouch.

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
I just downloaded Sonic CD from the App Store on the 4s with no problems.

516-poker-face.jpg

hppy29

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2007
Essex, UK
My Apple ID isnt working either but it is still allowing itunes match to continue and icloud/imessage that uses the same apple id is working...

Would be nice if it came back up allowing us to merge mobile me/ apple id's together ....

Jazwire

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2009
Whew....
Tried to download a new app on my Iphone, then went to Itunes and password was invalid.

Freaked out at first thinking I got hacked, but then thought to come to good old MacRumors to check on the situation.
:)

Going to bed now, sure it will be fixed tomorrow.

amak89

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2011
Widespread iTunes and iCloud Apple ID "Couldn't be Found" Outage

OMG I freaked out so much, thinking i was hacked. Hope they work it out as many people have got their cc details and other personal information up. One this works out, I'm going to change everything, all information

CalTony

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2011
I just got done reading about some 100+ apples falling from the sky in some town, which seemed strange & Biblical. Now this huge crash for Apple's cloud service. Kinda weird coincidence. (I'm also affected/NorCal)

aljawad

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2004
Planet Earth
Yep, same problem here (Kuwait) on iCloud / iTunes & iDevices.

And the irony is: just an hour ago I successfully registered a new iPhone 4S - which was officially released in the region today :-/

Update: 15 minutes after posting, now iCloud is web-accessible. But iTunes & iDevices actions such as "Find my Friends" are still down.

Update #2: 5 minutes later, and everything is back to normal.

Last edited:

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
Phew! Thought it was just me! I had someone break into my iTunes account a few months back, and it was giving the exact same message.

Apple still haven't got the ability to run a successful web service. The stupid thing is, it would be cheaper and more reliable to use Amazon, Microsoft and Rackspace as their cloud providers. The three of them combined are the best in the industry, way ahead of Apple who have had huge problems with their fake cloud (I call it fake as they are running it out of 1, maybe 2 datacenters - both in the same country, meaning poor redundancy).

Ziggyzaa

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2011
Bill gates is behind it..... Hahaaa

Anyway...couple of minutes before this whole shaabaaang, i was on my iphone and i was able to access my apple id on my iphone and update my apps. Then i went on my ipad and it stopped working.... Soo i thought i did somethign wrong. I entered my passwoord like fifty times before i tried to change it, then i went on iforgot and then i got the message "fatal internal error". And. Was just like what the hell!!! And then i took to the net and found out the worl has the same problem!
So yeah thats my story!

elusiv

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2011
What really keeps the Doctor away?

This is important! I want to do stuff. I hate it when my night of doing stuff is interrupted. Even more when it's a Apple issue. Fruit is meant to be good for you!

illegalprelude

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2005
Los Angeles, California
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Glad it's not just me. Sorry folks

tatonka

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2009
Time to kick it back and relax for a while .. the iCloud and iTunes Match will be back .. I'll get it once the first rush is over and the servers have cooled down a bit.

T.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.