Wifi Calling Abroad

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jlm234, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Jlm234 macrumors newbie

So in less than a month I'll be leaving the good ol' US of A and living for 4 months in Ireland. While there I plan to get a second local phone number on a short-term contract, and I have an older iPhone I want to use on that network.
    I just discovered AT&T's WiFi Calling for iCloud devices, and I was wondering if I leave my US iPhone connected to wifi 24/7 with WiFi calling activated, will I be able to make/receive calls on my Irish iPhone from my US number?

I realize it's a weird situation and I'm not sure if I worded it in a way that's easily understood, so if you have questions or want more details please ask. Any help here would be appreciated!

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

I’ve just returned from Iceland and was roaming over there. Wi-Fi calling wasn’t available.

Side note, there isn’t short term contracts over here in the U.K. and Ireland. It’s a choice of pay as you go, 1 month rolling, 12,18 and 24 month.

3. Jlm234 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've seen Vodafone Ireland advertise 30 day contracts for Sim cards, for 30€ per month (gets you 5GB of data plus unlimited talk/text to Irish numbers)

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Yes that’s a 1 month rolling contract