Will iPhone OS3.0 be released today?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tinny the cat, Jun 8, 2009.

1. tinny the cat macrumors member

I've heard a lot about the 3rd iPhone and all that for weeks, but will OS3.0 be released for the 3G and iPod touch at wwdc?!

2. beardboy macrumors regular

beardboy

Nobody knows - wait and see - it's only a few hours! :rolleyes:

3. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

It could, but I don't think it will be. 2.0 was demoed at WWDC last year, but wasn't rolled out until a month later along with the iPhone 3G. I honestly think Apple will take the same route this time and hold it until the new iPhone's released.

Sure, some people could say they'd release it today because of last year's server disaster, but that was more to do with the fact that they tried to roll out MobileMe at the same time, and all the server problems were more or less related to that as opposed to 2.0.

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I hope so but I think it'll be a bit longer yet. We'll get a release date though.

5. crewrules101 macrumors member

hopefully. we will have to wait for days to get the chance to download it. Lets hope that Apple cured their server issues so that everyone in the whole world will be able to download the new OS and not have to actually wait forever!

6. Que macrumors 6502

amen.

mind if i copy and paste this answer over the 496 threads asking what will happen in 8 and a half hours?

7. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

I hope it comes out earlier, if not today. Last year was a true clusterf... with the phone, mobileme(ss) and the software all out at the same time.

8. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

Will iPhone OS3.0 be released today?

The answer is Yes.

9. fimac macrumors member

My guess is that iPhone OS 3.0 final reveal/demo will take place today -- and that will include surprise features. :)

Developers will get a final beta today.

Official release in perhaps two weeks...?

10. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A312g Safari/528.16)

I'm thinking beta 6 was held off until now due to it containing too much information about the new model. We'll see beta 6 today, which will be feature complete and add additional APIs for features of the new model iPhone.

Just my guess.

11. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

why would they demo something that they demoed before? and the devs have used for quite sometime now. May be they show some new features but, demo? don't think so.

12. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

I don't think it will be out today but we will get a date for when it will be.

13. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

Same here, it would be nice wouldn't it? Could see them waiting for new iPhone day though (if there is a new iPhone)

14. Kaidan macrumors member

Kaidan

Was in the Apple store Regent Street, London this morning discussing a full restore to resolve my ongoing 3G signal loss problem on my iPhone.

We discussed UK timings of the conference this afternoon. - It was mentioned that it is probably a great time to do the restore with a new version of software due.

No definite evidence of 3.0 being launched today, but I got that feeling. When probed he said he and nobody else knew anything definite with a big smile on his face.

Interesting....... fingers crossed.

15. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

seems like good news to me

16. arovik macrumors member

I would say there will be no final release of Os 3.0 this week. But a Beta 6 at friday. Why should they release a new beta while the developers conference is ongoing? they want the developers to concentrate on the conference :)

17. TopToffee macrumors 6502a

I dunno, seems kinda unlikely, but I really hope I'm wrong.

I want Beejive Push dammit!!!

18. fimac macrumors member

Why? Because the world is watching. Apple *loves* the attention ;)

The demo will include, at least, some interesting iPhone USB accessories (designed for use with the iPhone OS 3.0 APIs).

To repeat: I think that we will see some surprise new features; remember: video has never officially been announced...

19. garethjs macrumors 6502

I don't see why not.

3.0 had its preview in March. 2.0 was only previewed at WWDC 2008. I don't see why after 3 months they can't ready and release 3.0

20. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I can't connect to the iTunes Store as of about 15 minutes ago, just stopped altogether.

Everything else works though.

Weird...

Attached Files:

21. garethjs macrumors 6502

Haven't they been told of a release this week?

22. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

could be a good sign

23. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

Same here...