Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Will it Blend? iPhone 3G Edition

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
At least he didn't blend it in front of everyone in line like those immature punks at smashmy[insert product].

Comment

Flhusky

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
Florida
Wow the 'cheap plastic' iPhone survived a helluva lot better then the old sturdy metal iPhone. :D

Did you guys note the rather large chunk of the back he had in his hand?

Comment

iMosaic

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2007
Wow the 'cheap plastic' iPhone survived a helluva lot better then the old sturdy metal iPhone. :D

Did you guys note the rather large chunk of the back he had in his hand?

Yeah that was weird how it lasted a little longer than the first iPhone blending. I am loving my 3G no blender for it!:)

Comment

MacFly123

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2006
At least he didn't blend it in front of everyone in line like those immature punks at smashmy[insert product].

I thought he was going to do that. What an absolute idiot and ******! It's not even because it was an iPhone, but blending anything of value like that, wow, what a prick!

Comment

levitynyc

macrumors 65816
Aug 19, 2006
I thought the 3G phone broke a lot faster than last year. It took about 4 whacks with the old phone.

Comment

skwoytek

macrumors 6502a
Feb 15, 2005
What an idiot! I hate these publicity stunts! Just think of the guy who couldn't get one beveuse of him! :eek:

Now that's the sad part... I wonder if it was one of those people cheering behind him that missed out on their iPhone.

Comment

ALoLA

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2003
Greater Los Angeles Area
at least...

I agree it's such a waste of a perfectly good iPhone. At least we know they have to pay more for this stunt this time, since they had to activate it. So it's 2 years worth of service payments or the early termination fee.

Comment

tk421

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2005
Los Angeles
What an idiot! I hate these publicity stunts! Just think of the guy who couldn't get one beveuse of him! :eek:

I guess that could be me. Blendtec headquarters is located 3.9 miles from me according to Google maps. And the only AT&T store within 10 miles is halfway between me and them (and, yes, that's the location shown in the video). When I drove by the night before, there were plenty of people in line, and I'm sure one of them was from Blendtec.

In any case, I didn't get one because of the long lines. But what's the big deal? I'll get one in a few days. It's not like they stole my child's Christmas present. I'm an adult, and the same exact iPhone for the same exact price will be in my hands in a week or so.

I'm sure it's advertising money well spent.

Comment

ltldrummerboy

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2007
...In any case, I didn't get one because of the long lines. But what's the big deal? I'll get one in a few days. It's not like they stole my child's Christmas present. I'm an adult, and the same exact iPhone for the same exact price will be in my hands in a week or so.

I'm sure it's advertising money well spent.

Well spoken. Most people in this thread are acting like he ate a baby.

Comment

captain kaos

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2008
UK
this sort of stuff starts to be very UN funny, especially as The UK had about 20 3g iphone per bloody store on launch day.

Comment

dant19

macrumors member
May 28, 2008
Now that's the sad part... I wonder if it was one of those people cheering behind him that missed out on their iPhone.

Well not being funny, but he queued just like they did, and so has every right to not nly own one, but to do with it as he pleases. People may be pissed off, but its not like Apple just gave him one, he queued.

I think some people just need to calm down. I am a complete Apple fanboy by own admission, but it doesn't matter how cool the new iPhone is. Its still just a tool.

Dan

Comment

djellison

macrumors 68020
Feb 2, 2007
Pasadena CA
what a waste. im pissed off.

Would it be a waste if someone bought one and dropped it and broke it?

Would it be a waste if someone bought one and lost it?

Would it be a waste if someone bought one and it was stolen?

Would it be a waste if someone bought one, used it as a phone to close a business deal?

Would if be a waste is someone bought one, used it as a promotional tool for their company?

Get over yourself - no matter what ANYONE says - it really is just a damn phone.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.