Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aristokrat

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2007
I doubt blending it gets him out of his 2 year commitment.

Didn't you read the small print? That's actually one of the escape clauses, as long as he can prove it was accidental (which he has video proof of!).

As far as this being an advertising campaign, I guess he doesn't like selling to slow people, as this "highbrow" advertising concept has gone over the head of so many commenters. Give $200 to a poor person? Hell, why doesn't Microsoft divert its millions from its new counter-Mac advertising campaign and save a country in Africa? Why don't companies stop advertising altogether and just make every Saturday free hand-out day? What about Apple? Goodbye Justin Long and John Hodgman, hello indigents?

Get over yourselves people. It's just a piece of electronics. You'll get one, don't worry. If it was really that important to you, you should've gotten up earlier and waited in line longer. You're no more entitled to one than anyone else. And these are a great advertising gimmick for this guy. For minimal cost, he gets everyone else to do his distribution effort and now tons of people know about Blendtec blenders and their ridiculous toughness. Hell, I'm thinking about getting one myself (after I find some reviews), partly cause they seem good, partly cause it'd be hilarious (I love me some internet jokes).

phairphan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2005
Reject Beach
In the spirit of the many, many "iPhone dropped in toilet/coffee/pool/wash machine/etc." threads on here, if he takes it back to the Apple Store and feigns ignorance ("It just stopped working!"), will they replace it? :D

tk421

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2005
Los Angeles
Idiotic!!! It really pisses me off to see stuff like this. Give the $200 to some poor person who doesn't have any food. But buying a new phone so that you can blend it on the Internet is LAME LAME LAME LAME LAME. LOSER!!!

Okay, let's say that your goal is to give money to the poor. A worthy goal. Perhaps you could start a company. Let's say maybe blenders. Then, in order to raise publicity, you spend $200 on a phone that you destroy. Because of the increased publicity, your product attracts more attention. You sell more. Your company provide jobs for people, and you are able to support your family. And, all along the way, because you are a generous person, you give money to the poor.

Fortunately, because you had a successful internet ad, you are able to give a lot more than $200.

Now, Blendtec may not do that. It's their money to do what they want. But the point is that with a small investment, they are able to make much more money. Money that can be used for a positive purpose.

...If a ten-year old does anything like that, he receives a good spanking from the parents...

You can't be serious. I'm sure you don't want Apple to parent all of us? :confused:

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Will the video blend?

Yes!

Attachments

• blended_blend.jpg
    blended_blend.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 83

techage14

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2007
California
Would it be a waste if someone bought one and dropped it and broke it?

Would it be a waste if someone bought one and lost it?

Would it be a waste if someone bought one and it was stolen?

Would it be a waste if someone bought one, used it as a phone to close a business deal?

Would if be a waste is someone bought one, used it as a promotional tool for their company?

Get over yourself - no matter what ANYONE says - it really is just a damn phone.

exactly!! c'mon people.
it's a PHONE!
lighten up. the iPhone is just a gadget that will be outdated in a year anyways. shesh.

slinky0390

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2005
I can't believe that some people would just throw away money like that. :eek:

Its not him, its BlendTec, and $200 for a "commercial" (yes it is one) is way cheaper than hiring someone to produce one for them that many of us skip over on tv since the invention of DVR. If I already didn't know how good the blenders were (we use them at starbucks) these youtube videos wouldve had me sold.

slinky0390

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2005
Idiotic!!! It really pisses me off to see stuff like this. Give the $200 to some poor person who doesn't have any food. But buying a new phone so that you can blend it on the Internet is LAME LAME LAME LAME LAME. LOSER!!!

So when you have a chance to buy one, reconsider and give your $200 to a poor person with no food.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Never seizes to amaze me the babies on this board who complain when a guy does what he wants with his iPhone that he purchased with his own money. People were screaming the same stuff last year when he destroyed the original iPhone.

Personally the videos crack me up and I wish he would blend more stuff all the time.

jon

Amadeo

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Haha! I love it! I forgot about this series. I used to watch the episodes habitually.

"Don't breathe this."

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
In the spirit of the many, many "iPhone dropped in toilet/coffee/pool/wash machine/etc." threads on here, if he takes it back to the Apple Store and feigns ignorance ("It just stopped working!"), will they replace it? :D

Lol I'd like to see a video of him entering the store with a bucket full of iPhone parts, drop it onto the counter and say "I don't know what happened, it just stopped working".

Would be a great funny follow-up to the "will it blend" marketing stunt. :D

Have they ever tried to blend.... blenders from their competitors? Now THAT would be funny! (obligatory YouTube link)

Shanesan

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2006
It sells blenders.

Why? Because when has your blender last survived an iPhone drop?

I wouldn't say "Go shred metal objects all day", but that blender is worth MORE than that iPhone, so the blender should and does win.

Yes, it blends. It doesn't matter if it's funny, entertaining, or whatever. The purpose is that it blends, and because it blends, it sells product.

So, jeez guys, stop getting so butthurt about a commercial.

What if it was Windows Vista? Would you "lol" then?

yoshi1277

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2008
South Florida
You know what's really sad...

The "iPhone blender" is their home product, it's not as strong as the commercial versions that are used at places like Starbucks. Also, the commercial one runs about $500 more than the Total Blender.

Of course with the markup they make on the blenders, I think they can afford to blend several iPhones without blinking an eye.

iTeen

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2007
Washington
Good for them, its their iPhone3G so they can do whatever the hell they want with it.

Stop complaining people!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.