- Jan 15, 2016
Apple will introduce an all-new iPhone design in 2017The next iPhone in 2017 will have a great new but familiar design language. So what could be in store in design for the next major model?
- An all-new device made from ceramic glass
- Available in 4-inch, 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch
- 128GB, 256GB and 512GB storage
- 4GB memory keeping apps and web page tabs persistent
- Single flat glass front and a single uni ceramic curved glass back
- Vastly reduced bezels not too dissimilar to Apple Watch Series 2
- Six colours; black, white, silver, gold, rose gold and deep ocean blue.
- Dual cameras flush and no longer protruding
- Antenna bands will run hidden inside the ceramic glass
- Waterproof for snorkelling and other fun activities
- All screen home button and 3D touch incorporated into the entire front glass
- Volume control button will be combined into a single ringer/silent switch
- Lightning free charging
- Announcement May/June 2017, pre orders July 2017, available August/September 2017
Apple has used ceramic in previous and current products
iPhone 2017 will use a similar ceramic material to the one in the Apple Watch Edition. Ceramic glass is a relatively inexpensive material used in many products today and can be presented in a variety of colors. In fact, ceramic is used in parts of the white iPhone 4/4S and 5/5S/SE models.
“Sleek, light and extremely durable, ceramic is more than four times as hard as stainless steel — with a pearly, lustrous finish that won’t scratch or tarnish”
Revealing Apple Patent Covers Ceramic Apple Watch and All-New Ceramic iPhone
"Today, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office published a patent application from Apple that revealed aspects of the new 'stunning ceramic' Apple Watch Edition, but more importantly perhaps, a future ceramic two-part iPhone housing that could advance Apple's true waterproof design."
8 September 2016