Will YOU apply for a free case from Apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SouthBeachMac, Jul 19, 2010.

?

Will you apply for a free case for your iPhone 4 from Apple?

1. Yes, I need it to fix my phone!

110 vote(s)
    22.0%
  2. Yes, although I don't need it

347 vote(s)
    69.4%
  3. No, my phone works fine without it

11 vote(s)
    2.2%
  4. No, I already have an acceptable case and don't need another

17 vote(s)
    3.4%
  5. I don't have the iPhone 4

15 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. SouthBeachMac macrumors member

Interested to see what the feeling is of people who will actually take Apple up on its offer...as someone who really doesn't experience the problem and have not had any dropped calls, etc, due to the "problem", and has already accumulated several cases ($.99 silicone cases from Ebay FTW), I really don't see the need to take apple up on its offer. Thoughts/Disagreements/Cheap shots?

2. g8orballboy macrumors regular

I wanted to use my iphone naked, but bought a bumper simply to fix the reception issue. I will definitely be getting my refund!

3. FortMOney macrumors member

Of course I will. If apple offers all its customers free bumpers, why wouldn't I get one?

4. Giies macrumors member

It will be silly to not get one, since it's free who doesn't want one.

5. Savage macrumors 6502

Savage

Nothing is free anymore. This, however, really is 100% free. Sign me up!

6. thelumpya2 macrumors regular

thelumpya2

I don't see an option for

"no, I already have a bumper that I bought on launch day and will be collecting my refund."

because that's what i'll be doing.

7. jdean23 macrumors member

its not really free. the price you are paying is for the antenna issue .....But hey ..Ill take a free case or 2

8. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I don't have reception issues without the case, yet I have a white bumper. I understand they will refund you the cost of the bumper if you have one already but I don't see that as right. If you have the issue so be it, get your case. If you don't, why take advantage of a company trying to do the right thing. I am not going to get something for free just because I can when I'm not having any problems. I made the choice to purchase the bumper for protection, apple claims to it will solve a reception issue that I'm not having. They have every right to make a profit on an item they sell, I am not going to take that away from them simply because they're willing to let me. It's called morals, something the youth of today know nothing about.

9. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

I'll be getting a free third-party case. Not interested in the bumper. Maybe the one I get will be better than what I already have on it.

10. drewc1138 macrumors 6502

I already have the Case Mate ID/Credit Card case (best case I've ever owned), but I'll still be getting a bumper...never know when I may need it.

11. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I don't see the option for:

Yes, although my signal is fine, it's more for protection issues.

12. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

I'm debating on whether I'm going to get a refund for the one I already bought or just go ahead and get another case. I'm not sure yet.

Technically you do have to buy the iPhone 4 so it's far from being 100% free. :cool:

13. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Wow, 70% will yet have no issue. People wonder why our country is so ****ed up and states are in debt up to their eyeballs.

14. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Another option:

No, I already have a bumper so I'll just be claiming my refund.

15. SouthBeachMac thread starter macrumors member

My reasoning exactly.

16. thelumpya2 macrumors regular

thelumpya2

since I'm assuming this was mostly directed at me. I am having the signal loss issues and the bumper does mask the problem. I will gladly receive my 30$ back, esp since it should have been 10 or 15 dollars anyhow.

17. FetalSage macrumors regular

I'm curious to see what cases will be on offer. I've been looking at getting a white bumper for a while now, but it's been sold out.

If they don't have any nice cases I'll most likely get a white bumper.

18. bmacir macrumors 6502

Apple is offering a free bumper to every iPhone 4 owner (or issuing a refund to whom already purchased it), regardless of your suffering from a reception issue, so it's not immoral to accept it. Actually I think it would be rude not to. :)

19. zoman504 macrumors regular

Lmfao, you can stay on your moral high horse bud. You know, because Apple wouldn't take advantage of its consumers to make a profit, like for instance producing a phone they knew had antennae issues :rolleyes: But you feel free to give Apple your $30 for their plastic bumper that probably costs $5 to make. It's called stupidity, something you old people know too much about.

20. Es Paul macrumors member

It's free. Of course I'm going to get one. That's not not ripping off anyone when they're handing them out. I've had my phone for a week so far, and haven't run into any problems. But if they offer me something to better my phone usage, I'll take it.

21. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

22. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Actually no, it wasn't directed at you. If you have the signal loss issues then get the free bumper.

23. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

24. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

A company can charge whatever they like, regardless of how much their unit cost is ($30 for something that costs $5 to make). You as the consumer have a choice to buy it or not, if you feel their asking price is too high and there enough of those who agree with you, they don't sell as many as they hoped and they in turn lower their price to make it more appealing. That is simple economics. Go look at any pair of shoes you own, you've been taken to the cleaners your entire life on every pair of Nike's, Adidas, ect you've owned. Are you walking around barefoot because your smart and refuse to pay $60 for something that costs $8.50 to make?

25. Savor Suspended

Savor

^^ Vote for this option.

I have no reception issues. Originally bought the bumper for grip and comfort. Equally like my iPhone 4's sexy looks with or without a black bumper on. Still not worth $30. I'm not a OCD madman where I need to cover it up by shirink-wrapping it to death and making it bulkier. Not obsessed of going completely naked with it either. I like the balance with the bumper.

Gladly get my refund. Will use it for iTunes gift cards for music, movies, TV shows, books, or apps. Or maybe just save it and use the store credit later for the next iPods coming in September.