Will YOU be getting the new iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tokiopop, Mar 22, 2009.

?

Are you getting the next Gen iPhone?

Poll closed May 1, 2009.
  1. Yes!! I will DEFIANTLY be getting the new iPhone this June/July

51.0%
  2. I'm not sure... I might get it, I might not.

18.3%
  3. I'm going to wait it out, see what happens. Perhaps get it at a later date.

20.7%
  4. I will certainly be not getting it. I'll stick with my 2G/3G thank you very much!

10.0%
  1. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

Well, will you? ;)

I'll be waiting. If there's nothing massive, I'll keep my 3G.

Yes, I spelt something wrong then clicked the first option in my spell checker. I fail. Hahah. Get over it.

2. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

If the price is right and the hardware has big changes from the 3g then yes i will

3. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

4. clearchaos macrumors regular

clearchaos

if it has enough new features to justify the price, then definitely; otherwise i'll stick with my current iphone until the next one comes around. it also depends on if i can afford it after i buy a mini and a new camera.

5. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

I will be, as it will be my first iPhone. Getting out of my Alltel contract.

6. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

I have to vote not sure, without knowing what changes there will be in the new phone (hardware), I cant say for certain

7. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

8. mouchoir macrumors 6502a

If the change is as significant as the jump from the iPhone to the iPhone 3G, then I probably won't be able to help myself.

Otherwise, well... I still may not be able to help myself!

9. Morphkid03 macrumors newbie

I was planning on waiting to get my iPhone until this new one was released, but due to unforseen circumstances had to get it a month ago. So more then likely I will not be purchasing the new one unless there's a major change and I can get some sort of subsidized price.

10. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

Yes.

faster 3G (possibly) and whatever else they add...

sign me up.

11. hbg macrumors regular

Depends. Might get a Palm Pre. Had the original iphone and the 3G, but a little bored and want a new toy that's different.

12. creon macrumors 6502

I'm still debating if i will make the switch to AT&T and get the iPhone...i hear both good and bad about the company...just wish the iPhone was available on more than one carrier.

13. Tokiopop thread starter macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

I am surprised no one has voted for number 4!

I probably wont be able to afford it this time round, so I might wait until next year. Hopefully the iPhone Uber will be out by then :p:p

14. Tokiopop thread starter macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

Perhaps I should've put a "Nope. I'm getting a totally different phone" option... :eek:

15. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

I can't upgrade until October, so I'll have to wait, but I'll be getting it the first day I can.

16. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

Ask again in a couple of months and that might be my answer then :D

17. petermcphee macrumors 6502a

petermcphee

I will get it, but I definitely will not be defiant about it. :D

I share some of the same concerns as other posters. I have never had AT&T, so I am concerned about their coverage and service. Also, I have heard/read complaints regarding their network speed. Perhaps the new iPhone faster internet business would alleviate this concern though.

All told, I am excited to get my first iPhone this year.

18. ZebraineZ macrumors 6502

You must not be aware of the recession :) anyways I will get it FOR SURE. My mom said she wanted my iphone and said that she will get me the new one in summer so yay me!

19. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Without a doubt, b/c I certainly don't want last year's iPhone....:p

20. tibi08 macrumors 6502a

tibi08

I was hoping that if I wait long enough, the iPhone will actually be quite good. Don't get me wrong, the idea and implementation are genius, but my Sony w890i is much easier to carry around and has many of the same features. I find the iPhone a bit bulky even when compared to the iPod Touch.

21. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    There I fixed it for you. ;)

This is how I feel.

22. kevink2 macrumors 6502a

I only bought my 3G last November, so it will still be over a year before I'm eligible for a subsidized upgrade. Near the timeframe of a June 2010 iPhone refresh if Apple continues releasing an upgrade in June of the year :)

I just hope that Apple continues to at least make the previous generation relevant with a software refresh. At some point, you have to figure the 1st generation will not be able to keep up (MMS? Though that is probably not a hardware limitation). Next generation, more RAM? Hopefully apps won't require it until at least 2010. Video? I occasionally used it on my previous phone, and wouldn't mind it, but I can live without it.

23. Almy macrumors 6502

I'll probably keep my 3G for a while. But I'm definitely looking at getting a new one in the summer of 2010.

24. =MuLti-CeLL= macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

I'll be picking up my first iPhone this year. Even if nothing new comes around or is announced at WWDC I will still be getting the current model then.

I've been waiting 2 years for this for my T-Mobile contract to end so my family can make the switch, So I'm pretty excited and glad I've waited it out.

Here's to High Hopes while maintaining Low Expectations. :D

25. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I'm going to wait until it is actually announced so I can see if it will be worth it or not. I probably won't upgrade though, I'm trying to save as much money as I can right now.