Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Galacticos, Feb 19, 2017.
I'm a maybe. I have a 7, and the increase will need to be justified
If the iPhone 8 is valued over $1000, it will likely be the rumored 5.8 inch OLED model. I upgrade annually, so I'll have to see what Apple offers. Either way, if they make the appropriate changes and if it's enticing enough, I would upgrade.
I Think most don't necessarily spend $1000 on one transaction. Usually most consumers take a advantage of the Apple upgrade program or carrier upgrade program with trade-in incentives, which could reduce the overall cost.
My prediction: Apple releases a 4.7 & 5.5 LED model. The 5.8 model will be OLED and more expensive with exclusive features.
Depends on features. Using a 6s at the moment and phone is still fine. Don't feel I need the latest and greatest, bit tend to upgrade based on features and when mine starts to slow down.
Think 90% of people buy under a contract so to some degree cost doesn't matter. Apple upgrade has only been out since iPhone 7 in the UK, but one of our operators, O2, basically does the same, giving you a airtime plan and a phone plan rather than the older combined plan, so when the phone is paid off, bill automatically gets cheaper, also can pay off anyone to get out of contract - which is how I usually buy my phone.
I say maybe but I really mean yes. I'll be so excited when Tim reveals them I doubt I'll be able to resist. It has to be significantly different from the 7 though, a 7S called iPhone 8 won't cut it this time around.
If it is as nice as the rumors say it is, YES!
I'm on the iPhone upgrade programme, so most likely- yes.
Probably will... But I have a 6s and it should be a huge upgrade for me!
I'm on a 6+ right now and I'm honestly not terribly excited about upgrading. Especially not for over $1000 (easily $1300-$1500 in Canada). That's over twice what I paid for my 6+. Nothing about the 6S and 7 has me too excited other than the incremental camera upgrades, so unless the 7S/8 is a real game changer, I might keep my 6+ even longer
I voted maybe and it's a matter of size (size matters!)... if it's a phablet, I won't be getting it (and I'll be sad because I really want the premium phone!).
Depends on the physical size - I had a 6S+ but got really fed up of it's sheer physical size and moved to an SE rather than any of the 7 series.
I love the size of the SE but would be willing to go to the physical size of the 7 for the features rumoured in the 8. There's no way I'd go back to the size of the 7+ (or even bigger!) though
I am seriously considering not buying it. I'm getting a little tired of Apple charging excessive markup. The MBP is too expensive and now a really expensive iPhone? Not something we should reward in a market where technology is getting cheaper.
Yes, if I like it then I will get it.
If its not that exciting with marginal improvements I'll just wait another year with my current 7 plus.
Size of the phone is the biggest factor for me.
If it's a larger screen, even with reduced bezels, it might be too big for easy one-handed use. Sweet spot would be a 4.7" screen with reduced bezels i.e. a smaller phone.
Price is of secondary importance. I'm eligible for a new phone in Oct, but I could continue to happily use my 6s if the new iPhone doesn't sway me.
I do want OLED...so if the 4.7" doesn't get it, I'll wait.
Yes been waiting years for oled iPhone..don't like the thought of a 5.1 usable display but I think the other features will be worth it
I'd have to justify it by saying "this model is better for my job because [ ____ ].
Right now I have no clue how to end that sentence. Maybe Apple does.
I have a 6s+ and it's fugly. If Apple does not change the design of the phone this year then the answer will be no.
If they do change the design AND this above $1000 price is for the HIGHEST capacity model they sell then yes. If Apple is STARTING the low capacity models at $1000 and charging more for each capacity tier then NO!
Depends on the storage and what other features it offers. If it's 128GB or more, it would be much easier for me to consider it compared to if it started at 32GB.
I've just got a 7 so it depends on the size of the technological leap. It will have to be substantial to get me to upgrade before my contract is up early next year though. And early next year there will hopefully be competition from the new Galaxy Note 8
If the new features are substantive (in my eyes) over the 7+ I purchased last December, I will probably upgrade.
Most likely no for me. As much as I love the iPhone, there is no way I'd shell out that much money for it.
I'm crossing my fingers that the SE gets updated.
I will likely buy it when it's a year old as I'm done with paying £1000+ for a phone. It'll be significantly cheaper by then.
Then again if the only phones offered are massive, i'll possibly skip it altogether.
I'll buy another phone this year but I'm not sure what yet. My blind allegiance to Apple is long gone so if the S8 is better I'll buy that.
My wife probably will but after my experience with the iPhone 7 Plus and their customer service, I will never own another iPhone. It is a shame because they make good devices. Luckily I found another device.
The iPhone 7 costs $650
It makes no sense for Apple to release the standard iPhone 8 for $1000
It won't even have touch ID or the headphone jack.
It makes no sense when iPhone 4 that came out back in 2010 was a masterpiece and it didn't even hit $700 for the HIGHEST storage option.
First of all, you're basing all of your points on rumors and speculation.
There's no proof there will be an iPhone 8 this fall. There's no proof it will cost $1000 for the base model. Why would there not be a 7s/7s+? What if the base storage available was raised to 128GB? Seems justifiable to charge 1k for that, if you ask me.
The pointy I'm making us there's to much uncertainty to get in this much of a tizzy this early.