• No

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • I'll Pre-Order

Votes: 40 63.5%

• Total voters

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I'm assuming I missed the sarcasm sign on this one... If not, you're misguided here. The setup time will be awful. Just deciding on case and band options will take longer than it takes to activate an iPhone. Then, almost certainly most of the line will get a "how it works" tutorial from the sales team. It's going to be ugly.
No tutorial. Select watch and band, then pay and out the door. Apple stores don't handhold people -- if you need a tutorial, that's what one-on-one setup and workshops are for.

I agree picking a band and watch type/size could take time, but no more than activating an iPhone.

DravenGSX

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
No tutorial. Select watch and band, then pay and out the door. Apple stores don't handhold people -- if you need a tutorial, that's what one-on-one setup and workshops are for.

I agree picking a band and watch type/size could take time, but no more than activating an iPhone.
They do here. The last launch that I camped at an Apple store for was the iPhone 4. People received a full run down of the device before leaving the store. It was infuriating.

With a new device like this, there will undoubtedly be a million questions from each person and the sales rep is unlikely to say "move along."

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
They do here. The last launch that I camped at an Apple store for was the iPhone 4. People received a full run down of the device before leaving the store. It was infuriating.

With a new device like this, there will undoubtedly be a million questions from each person and the sales rep is unlikely to say "move along."
Huh. Where is "here"? I've never seen that happen on launch day at an Apple Store in NYC. If people have questions, they would answer, but you are saying everyone got a run down whether they wanted or not? Never seen that.

DravenGSX

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
Huh. Where is "here"? I've never seen that happen on launch day at an Apple Store in NYC. If people have questions, they would answer, but you are saying everyone got a run down whether they wanted or not? Never seen that.
I was at the Florida Mall in Orlando, FL. Most people also don't believe me when I tell them how long the line was. It happened. I promise.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I was at the Florida Mall in Orlando, FL. Most people also don't believe me when I tell them how long the line was. It happened. I promise.
Well, I suppose different stores could have different policies. Maybe you could take a trip to NY to buy the watch? :D

danlages65

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2015
I'm hoping to camp out the night before, I'm located in Cardiff. Is anyone doing the same at the St David's center? If so what are your plans?

Last edited:

Reason077

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2007
At this stage in my life, the only thing I would wait in line through the night for is the helicopters airlifting people away from the approaching Zombie Invasion...
Don't wait in line for the helicopters. It's almost inevitable that the refugee centres those helicopters are heading for will be overrun.

You're better off seeking out your own secure shelter which has good access to food, water, and sanitation.

It's probably a good idea to try and team up with some trusted, capable companions, but avoid large crowds and groups. There's safety in numbers, but only up to a point.

8CoreWhore

macrumors 68020
Jan 17, 2008
Big D
If it's going to be insane, I'll order online. I'm just saying I don't want to be there too early or wait on a long line.

I'm thinking it may not be as bad as iPhones, but of course I could be way off.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
If it's going to be insane, I'll order online. I'm just saying I don't want to be there too early or wait on a long line.

I'm thinking it may not be as bad as iPhones, but of course I could be way off.
Anybody here who followed online discussion leading to the first iPhone launch? How does the excitement compare with the discussions we are having now?

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Kenwood Mall in Cincinnati

After witnessing the stampede in the parking lot at Kenwood Mall (young "adults" bum rushed the mall doors, got smothered then begged for those behind them to move the line back for them because they were crushed against the doors) when the iPhone 5S was released, I vowed to NEVER get into one of those Apple product release lines again.

So, I'll be ordering my Apple Products (including the Apple Watch) online from now on :rolleyes:

lewisd25

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
Anybody here who followed online discussion leading to the first iPhone launch? How does the excitement compare with the discussions we are having now?
It doesn't seem to be on the same level as the iPhone launch. The first iPhone was a revolution in new tech (first touchscreen, etc) so people were far more excited.

Flow39

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2014
At the Apple Store
It doesn't seem to be on the same level as the iPhone launch. The first iPhone was a revolution in new tech (first touchscreen, etc) so people were far more excited.
Yeah, I didn't think it would be on the same level as the OG iPhone, but I am predicting that it will be somewhere close to the OG iPad lines. Since this is an entry into a new market for Apple, I feel confident that we will see lines for it.

----------

After witnessing the stampede in the parking lot at Kenwood Mall (young "adults" bum rushed the mall doors, got smothered then begged for those behind them to move the line back for them because they were crushed against the doors) when the iPhone 5S was released, I vowed to NEVER get into one of those Apple product release lines again.

So, I'll be ordering my Apple Products (including the Apple Watch) online from now on :rolleyes:
I think you'do have better luck if you went to an open air/outdoor Apple Store. The mall launches seem to have a lot of stories about crazed people running to the door and practically trampling each other to get in. My local store is in an open air shopping mall, so we can line up whenever we want and there isn't a mad dash to get inside or anything. You should totally try it again, just not at a mall :)

ipooed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2014
As the title says, will you camp out for the Apple Watch? Honestly, it looks like the demand for this product is not as much as it was for the OG iPhone and iPad. I would venture a guess that we will see some lines, but not the gigantic lines like we see for the iPhone.

I personally hope there will be lines for the Apple Watch. Camping out is a lot of fun and you get to meet great people, plus it helps build the hype! So what do you guys think? Will we see lines for the Apple Watch, and if so, do you think you will camp out?
absolutely not! Apple cant even fix ios 8, then they turn around and want us to buy something else.... I will not even be buying it although it looks cool.

Flow39

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2014
At the Apple Store
Anyone changed their opinions since the keynote? Since they are releasing it in stores to play with ahead of time I think we will see more people that may camp out/line up.

rip-the-jacker

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2011
Who's camping out then?

Hey guys,

I love the Apple experience and will be hitting the street at around 11-12pm on Thursday night, especially with the Space Grey Sport seeming to be so popular and want to guarantee of getting one.

Who else will be doing so as apposed to button bashing waiting for the net on midnight?

RTJ

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Hey guys,

I love the Apple experience and will be hitting the street at around 11-12pm on Thursday night, especially with the Space Grey Sport seeming to be so popular and want to guarantee of getting one.

Who else will be doing so as apposed to button bashing waiting for the net on midnight?

RTJ
use the apple store app on your IOS device and button mashing is a thing of the past. I set my alarm for 3am EST, and am back asleep by 3:05am :)

rip-the-jacker

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2011
oops, sorry i set up a new thread and didn't see this, my apologies.

Are you camping on 10th or 24th?
What are you plans man? i was also unsure about arriving early on the 10th to see what its all about before the launch on the 24th.

RTJ

NeutralGeek

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2015
I will pre-order one unseen and I will be in line for another one that I also love & have to experience trying it on in a new Apple Watch Boutique. And also to finally experience this whole lining up thing.