Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

garycjohnson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
Hi ... Is anyone else finding that their iPhone XS needs to be positioned much more accurately on wireless charging plates than their iPhone X?

I've got three different wireless chargers at work and home. With my iPhone X I didn't need to pay much attention to how I positioned the phone on the charger. Now with the iPhone XS I find I need to move it around to get it to be charging.

Where my iPhone X could have the camera bulge hanging off the edge, now with the iPhone XS that position doesn't work at all. Camera bulge needs to be on the plate.

Just wondering if anyone else is finding that the wireless charging target has shrunk.

Cheers
Gary

mdesantis

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2018
My XS is more fussy on wireless chargers vs the X despite promises of “greater charger coil movement” that was suppose to make placement accuracy less important.

With that said, I do feel the XS charging generates less heat on the back of the device. That could be the result of the other X to XS change from “ferrite polymer composite (FPC) to a copper coil material”.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.