Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kb522

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 15, 2011
For my fellow women  fans, which Watch did you/would you order?

I pre-ordered a 38mm Space Gray watch on April 10. I was on the fence about the 38mm vs. 42mm, but when I tried them on in the  Store, I was happy with what I ordered. The 42 didn't seem overly big, but I think fashion-wise, I will be happier in the long run with the 38. I like how it looks in the picture with my bracelet stack.

What do you think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 32,277
Reactions: Nickysw5

odds

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2014
Los Angeles
Looks good on you! When I re-enter the dating scene, meeting a girl who wears an Apple Watch is going to be a huge plus in my book. :p

iggypod

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Looks awesome - great choice!! I got the 38mm sport (blue band). I also ordered the white and Milanese bands.

I will be using mine primarily for fitness tracking and look forward to ditching my Fitbit. My Fitbit bands look pretty awful and I hope the  sport bands don't wear as much.

JohnApples

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2014
Looks awesome! Maybe it's just me, but I also think it looks pretty fancy along with your bracelets!

I second what odds said as well. Because of the huge inner-geek in me, I'm going to be instantly attracted to any girl who wears an Apple Watch lol!

antnic327

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Looks great on you!

I also ordered a 38mm white sport band. I finally went into a store a few days ago to actually look at the watches and I think the 38 will work for me. I guess I'm used to bigger screens since I've had the 6+ since September, but I don't think I need that big of a screen on my wrist.

MattXDA

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2014
UK
Is this gap supposed to be there? :confused:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-20 at 20.19.02.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-04-20 at 20.19.02.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 856

Rockbird86

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
London
Looks great and agree it looks good with the bracelets. I ordered the 42mm white sports but I'm a fatso so my wrists can take the bigger screen size # I'm also used to the bigger screen on the 6 plus and am blind as a bat so I think all in all its the best choice for me.

mercurie

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2015
Tried 38mm Milanese loop, sport, and modern buckle. Also tried a 42mm just to confirm it was too big for me. Sport was a little to chunky for my taste. Ordered a 38mm ML but I liked the modern buckle a lot too! My bracelet is all the way up my arm because the apple employee would not let me have anything on my wrist next to the watch; oh well!

Attachments

• sy7wFFJ.jpg
    sy7wFFJ.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 1,194
  • cGAtk6y.jpg
    cGAtk6y.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 3,221

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
38 space grey with black band. I also wear a lot of bracelets, so have been laying them out so I know which to wear with the watch, and which to wear on the other wrist. Hehe!!

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
38mm brushed aluminum/white, but I expect to be able to buy all sorts of crazy aftermarket bands by the time my white band starts getting grubby.

Sadly I really wasn't able to see how it looked on my wrist, because I had one of those drill-sergeant Apple store employees for my try-on who wouldn't let me move my arm from the 'extended straight over cushioned pad' position, or touch the buckle or anything.

(This isn't a knock, I love my local Apple store, this lady just apparently took the training very, very seriously.)

Technodynamic

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
The wife thought she wanted a 42mm milanese loop. In a matter of minutes during the try on in the store she changed her mind to a 38mm with leather pink band.

Kb522

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 15, 2011
Is this gap supposed to be there? :confused:

Hmm... I didn't notice this gap at all while in the store. Maybe a shadow?

I did really like the digital crown, btw. It was pretty responsive and felt nice to use.

Locoboof

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2008
Bay Area,Cali
Women wearing Watch

Tried 38mm Milanese loop, sport, and modern buckle. Also tried a 42mm just to confirm it was too big for me. Sport was a little to chunky for my taste. Ordered a 38mm ML but I liked the modern buckle a lot too! My bracelet is all the way up my arm because the apple employee would not let me have anything on my wrist next to the watch; oh well!

Do you have a picture of the bottom side of your wrist wearing the modern buckle? How did the modern buckle feel? I'm asking because I bought the 38mm stainless with black modern buckle as a surprise wedding gift for my fiancée. Was the modern buckle your favorite as far as feel and looks?

Last edited:

Kb522

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 15, 2011
38mm brushed aluminum/white, but I expect to be able to buy all sorts of crazy aftermarket bands by the time my white band starts getting grubby.

Sadly I really wasn't able to see how it looked on my wrist, because I had one of those drill-sergeant Apple store employees for my try-on who wouldn't let me move my arm from the 'extended straight over cushioned pad' position, or touch the buckle or anything.

(This isn't a knock, I love my local Apple store, this lady just apparently took the training very, very seriously.)

They did make me take off the brackets during the time I was demoing. But I asked to put them on momentarily so I could see how it looked. I typically wear a lot of bracelets, so I wanted to make sure I liked what I was getting. Haha! The  employee let me put them on & take a quick pic!

----------

Looks awesome - great choice!! I got the 38mm sport (blue band). I also ordered the white and Milanese bands.

I will be using mine primarily for fitness tracking and look forward to ditching my Fitbit. My Fitbit bands look pretty awful and I hope the  sport bands don't wear as much.

Thanks! Yeah, I plan on buying multiple bands as well. I love the Milanese band. I also really liked the leather loop. I hope they'll make it for 38mm watches eventually. The modern buckle was nice, too!

Mapple86

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2015
I looked on some of my photos and all had this gap.

Maybe all ladys can post their wristsize to the photos? #

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I pre-ordered the silver 38 mm sports watch with white band. After trying on both the 38 and 42 mm in store I was happy worth my purchase. The 42 mm was bulky.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.