Women wearing Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Kb522, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Kb522 macrumors member

For my fellow women  fans, which Watch did you/would you order?

I pre-ordered a 38mm Space Gray watch on April 10. I was on the fence about the 38mm vs. 42mm, but when I tried them on in the  Store, I was happy with what I ordered. The 42 didn't seem overly big, but I think fashion-wise, I will be happier in the long run with the 38. I like how it looks in the picture with my bracelet stack.

What do you think?

Attached Files:

2. AbsoluteMustard macrumors regular

3. Qrispy macrumors regular

Qrispy

4. sinar macrumors regular

Looks great, I ordered a 38mm sport with white band :)

5. odds macrumors 6502

Looks good on you! When I re-enter the dating scene, meeting a girl who wears an Apple Watch is going to be a huge plus in my book. :p

6. Sparkeze macrumors 6502a

Sparkeze

I preordered 42mm white sport. That looks really good on you!

7. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

Looks awesome - great choice!! I got the 38mm sport (blue band). I also ordered the white and Milanese bands.

I will be using mine primarily for fitness tracking and look forward to ditching my Fitbit. My Fitbit bands look pretty awful and I hope the  sport bands don't wear as much.

8. JohnApples macrumors 65816

Looks awesome! Maybe it's just me, but I also think it looks pretty fancy along with your bracelets!

I second what odds said as well. Because of the huge inner-geek in me, I'm going to be instantly attracted to any girl who wears an Apple Watch lol!

9. antnic327 macrumors member

Looks great on you!

I also ordered a 38mm white sport band. I finally went into a store a few days ago to actually look at the watches and I think the 38 will work for me. I guess I'm used to bigger screens since I've had the 6+ since September, but I don't think I need that big of a screen on my wrist.

10. arminta7 macrumors regular

arminta7

Looks good :) I got the 38 mm SS Milanese. Can't wait!

11. MattXDA macrumors 6502

MattXDA

Is this gap supposed to be there? :confused:

Attached Files:

12. Rockbird86 macrumors regular

Rockbird86

Looks great and agree it looks good with the bracelets. I ordered the 42mm white sports but I'm a fatso so my wrists can take the bigger screen size # I'm also used to the bigger screen on the 6 plus and am blind as a bat so I think all in all its the best choice for me.

13. joealanjones macrumors member

And so it begins.

#GapGate

14. mercurie macrumors newbie

Tried 38mm Milanese loop, sport, and modern buckle. Also tried a 42mm just to confirm it was too big for me. Sport was a little to chunky for my taste. Ordered a 38mm ML but I liked the modern buckle a lot too! My bracelet is all the way up my arm because the apple employee would not let me have anything on my wrist next to the watch; oh well!

Attached Files:

15. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

38 space grey with black band. I also wear a lot of bracelets, so have been laying them out so I know which to wear with the watch, and which to wear on the other wrist. Hehe!!

16. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

38mm brushed aluminum/white, but I expect to be able to buy all sorts of crazy aftermarket bands by the time my white band starts getting grubby.

Sadly I really wasn't able to see how it looked on my wrist, because I had one of those drill-sergeant Apple store employees for my try-on who wouldn't let me move my arm from the 'extended straight over cushioned pad' position, or touch the buckle or anything.

(This isn't a knock, I love my local Apple store, this lady just apparently took the training very, very seriously.)

17. Qrispy macrumors regular

Qrispy

I'd say that would be one of the more valid "#Gate"s, as the thing is supposed to be water resistant and any gaps like that would definitely compromise that.

18. Technodynamic macrumors 6502

Technodynamic

The wife thought she wanted a 42mm milanese loop. In a matter of minutes during the try on in the store she changed her mind to a 38mm with leather pink band.

19. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

That looks really nice. I just sent my wife this pic. She ordered the 38 white sport.

20. Kb522 thread starter macrumors member

Hmm... I didn't notice this gap at all while in the store. Maybe a shadow?

I did really like the digital crown, btw. It was pretty responsive and felt nice to use.

21. Locoboof, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015

Locoboof macrumors 65816

Locoboof

Women wearing Watch

Do you have a picture of the bottom side of your wrist wearing the modern buckle? How did the modern buckle feel? I'm asking because I bought the 38mm stainless with black modern buckle as a surprise wedding gift for my fiancée. Was the modern buckle your favorite as far as feel and looks?

22. Kb522 thread starter macrumors member

They did make me take off the brackets during the time I was demoing. But I asked to put them on momentarily so I could see how it looked. I typically wear a lot of bracelets, so I wanted to make sure I liked what I was getting. Haha! The  employee let me put them on & take a quick pic!

----------

Thanks! Yeah, I plan on buying multiple bands as well. I love the Milanese band. I also really liked the leather loop. I hope they'll make it for 38mm watches eventually. The modern buckle was nice, too!

23. Mapple86 macrumors regular

I looked on some of my photos and all had this gap.

Maybe all ladys can post their wristsize to the photos? #

24. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

I pre-ordered the silver 38 mm sports watch with white band. After trying on both the 38 and 42 mm in store I was happy worth my purchase. The 42 mm was bulky.

25. Scott-n-Houston macrumors 6502a

I posted in another thread, but I don't think any women noticed it…

How do you think the ion-x glass will fare when bracelets are worn?