Would you buy an iPhone 4 again?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wayland1985, Jul 11, 2010.

1. wayland1985 macrumors 6502

I may be buying my fiance an iPhone 4 to thank her for all she has done in the past few months. We both currently have iPhone3GSs which we love, but the HD video is VERY appealing.

She's big into pictures, and her friend just got a FLIP that she likes, so I figured maybe the iPhone 4 would be a good alternative (given that her purse is already LOADED with junk!)

But the concerns of reception issues and proximity sensors have me worried. I never buy Apple products right after launch, since they all tend to have quirks (as is true with every other product out there).

But like I said, we're also happy with our 3GS phones.

So, especially those who upgraded their 3GS, would you buy the iPhone 4 again? Can I safely buy it soon? Or should I wait a few weeks?

And also, does the bumper case work with the dock? And does the iPhone 4 work with the TomTom car kit for iPhone 3gs?

2. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

3. Fiddler70 macrumors regular

Yep I would! I love this phone. it's a jewel! Nice for a fiance.

4. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

5. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

Yes I would. I would wait untill the update is released though if your overly concearned about the issues. I think all the little quirks will be fixed with the update, except maybe the reception issue, but I think it will be better. I have a case on my phone, and I have no issues at all anymore.

6. wayland1985 thread starter macrumors 6502

When do I expect the update? (We waited until September for our iPhone 3GSs, but then we'll miss a summer filled with videos!)

7. hcho3 macrumors 68030

8. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

I love my iPhone 4 but I'd probably wait if given the chance again. I miss my 3GS :(

9. babby macrumors member

Yes

For me, I love the camera! Would do it again in a heartbeat. I don't seem to be having the problems others are having. Only thing I complaint about the i4 is the white balance for pics is not very good in low light. Pics turn out yellow. Would love it if they gave ability for manual controls for photos.

No, the dock does not work with bumpers on.

10. bluesteel macrumors 6502

i like my iPhone 4, but if i were more interested in the camera, i would not have updated from my 3GS. I would probably have spent the $200-$300 on a good compact digital camera that has many more functions including the ability to take HD video, and takes much better pictures than the iPhone 4 or any camera phone for that matter.

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I would definitely buy the iPhone 4 again. It is an awesome phone.

12. Savor Suspended

Savor

Yes, especially if this one I have broke, I lose it, it gets stolen, or just dies on me in less than a year.

Get her a white one. Shows less fingerprints and I think the color can be more "girly"... (no offense to the males who plan to get one)

Let a white iPhone 4 match her wedding dress someday... ;)

13. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Curious.

Why do you say this?

14. xmtgx macrumors regular

Well the video is compareable to the FLIP recorders. But I'd agree on the picture side of things. Though I do own a slr and a p&s, The pictures they take are leaps and bounds ahead of the ip4

15. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

16. camarobh macrumors 6502

17. maddux2005 macrumors 6502

Best iPhone I've ever had, and best phone I've ever had!
    Such a wonderful device. It's been 2 weeks and I can't put it down. It's like 2007 all over again.....again. :)

18. amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

:D

19. bacsig macrumors newbie

20. gehrbox macrumors 65816

gehrbox

21. Russiaone macrumors 6502

Yes. I just love how drastically different this one feels from the toy-ish 3GS. It just exudes genius design. Besides that, I don't like having last gen iPhones. I'm a big game player, so I need what's gonna give me the best performance and graphics, even if devs don't exactly take advantage of the new hardware right away.

22. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No, given the headaches that my wife has been going through.

I'll have to say that the iPhone 4 is the worst phone that apple produced.
    Encased in glass - I've seen too many reports about the back of it being shattered (and the front for that matter)
    Side band is the antenna - hold it normally and you'll lose the signal
    Proximity sensor problems
    Yellow blotches
    Green screen
    white balance on the camera is screwy.

No, this was a poorly designed, poorly implemented, poorly tested phone.

23. maddux2005 macrumors 6502

Your iPhone 4 has all those issues? Wow. Why not swap it for a new one? And if your phone doesn't have those issues, why bring it up?

Why complain about the back glass if yours isn't broke? Drop any phone and they will break.

Luckily my phone has no issues, sorry yours has every known issue wrong with it.

24. ElvisFreshly macrumors member

No I wouldn't. Worst hardware ever. Very rushed and under powered.

iPhone 4 - FTL