Would you purchase an iPhone 5 if...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by superdudeo, May 14, 2011.

1. superdudeo macrumors regular

2. SeaChange macrumors regular

No. I have pretty much decided that I am going give an Android a try this summer. Probably going to sell my iPhone 4 sometime next month mainly because I am switching from AT&T to Verizon. I have purchased every single iPhone so far so I think I will give the competition a try. I am all about jailbreaking so I will how I like a truly open system. LTE is also a major sticking point for me since I live in city the availability right now.

3. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

You're making a wise decision, one that will really pay off. I
    Love my Android phones on Verizon. Its been a great experience and its only getting better. Android is really doing some great things, and lots more is ahead in the coming few months.

Congratulations on your great choice.

4. LoganT macrumors 68020

I'm thinking of switching to Android. But I'd like to see what iOS 5 is like along with the next iPhone. I'm also hoping for some good android phones on AT&T by then. Pre 3 is also a possibility.

5. Jmouse macrumors 6502

Yes i will, and the reason is that i do not have an iPhone 4.

6. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

Due to the continued use of 3.5" screen, I said screw it and got an iPad.

Now, I only use my iPhone for calls and music... Something a hell of a lot of other phones can do. I also use the hell out of the camera, so I might pick up a used ip4, but that glass back bothers me (I busted two flip phone screens by catching the corner of my desk right where they sit in my pocket). With the 3GS, I keep the screen turned to my leg, but with the idiotic design if the ip4 there is no un breakable side.

7. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

My kid is clamoring for an iPhone hand-me-down, so I am considering the next iPhone. I wouldn't mind too much if it were a updated version of the iP4 along the lines of the rumored iP4S. I do most of my surfing with Wifi at work, home, and hotspots so not having a '4G' phone doesn't bother me (I'm not even sure if there are any 4G networks in the UK).

I'll look possibly at Android phones as well, but frankly the people who have been spamming about Android in this forum have put me off the idea. <wonders why MR doesn't have a nauseated emoticon>

8. Biolizard macrumors 6502

You'd think it was some sort of bloody invasion these past few days. Most of their posts also read like product brochures for the SGS2 which is fast becoming tedious.

9. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I was thinking the same thing. I don't care about the SG2. If I did I'd be on some Android forum posting about it.

On topic, I've got a subsidized iP4 and am in no way shelling out full price for the new model even if it can wipe my butt for me. If I was eligible for upgrade pricing I still probably wouldn't as the 6th version is probably going to be much better in every way and I'm very happy with my iP4.

10. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Yep yep.

I had posted in the forum feedback that there should be a dedicated, separate forum called 'Alternatives to the iPhone', where those who are interested could slog it out in endless, fruitless debate. Suffice it to say it didn't get support.

So we're left with the only tools we can use: voting posts and threads negatively if they are spam. I suppose in the long run if the people who run MR fail to listen to us and continue to allow Android spamming, we can vote with our mice and find another Mac/iOS forum....

11. Biolizard macrumors 6502

Snap. My iPhone 3G is nearly 18 months old and, whilst it's quite adequate, it'll be nice to upgrade, especially since the app ecosystem will probably leave it behind before long.

Plus, I'm hoping that iOS 5 is such a revamp that it'll make me scream 'WANT!'

12. sotorious macrumors 6502a

I am doing what you are doing but opposite. I started off with android and have had android devices all the way until this month, i may try this and the next iPhone, and back to android or maybe even windows mobile.

13. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

14. glossywhite macrumors 65816

glossywhite

Yes, when they come down to a reasonable (read: sub-£300) price point on pre-pay(not likely anytime soon), and open their OS up (also unlikely).

iPhone 4 32Gb white is £600+ on prepay in the UK - that's blatently taking the p###

15. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

You do not speak for the masses. There are many, many, many people who do not want a bigger screen if it means a bigger device.

If you're assuming a slightly larger display on the same size device, then sure.

16. superdudeo thread starter macrumors regular

Yes absolutely, I mean a bigger screen without affecting current form factor or if it does, only a slight amount. The SG2 looks like a freaking tablet, not a mobile IMO.

I still can't bring myself to entertain the idea of android. Ugly and convoluted UI, still not smooth and last night tried to download groupon app through friends phone and spent 10min finding correct one after downloading japanese version!

17. TG1 macrumors 6502a

TG1

Nah. I skipped the 3GS and I would skip the 4S if it's just a spec bump as rumored. The iP4 should have enough juice to take advantage of whatever comes out of iOS 5.

iPhone 4G with LTE in 2012 is where it's at. :)

18. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

Yes I would purchase each iPhone no matter what. Congrats shareholders. :)

19. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

I'll probably keep my iPhone 4. I really want the 4G network, so if the iPhone 5 has it, I'll upgrade. If not, I'll be waiting till the iPhone 6.

20. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

"just a spec bump" ...

:rolleyes:

21. Joined:
    Jul 1, 2007
    I won't, I'll most likely end up with an SGII. I've had every iPhone out, and I'm just ready for change I think. :p

22. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

I agree, i'll be pretty disappointed as well. But i'm sure that's not the case and people are only making up BS rumors because nothing is being leaked.

23. super tomtendo macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

I've had an android phone. And if you want a buggy, slow, built with bad quality - by all means you'll love the phone.

But I'm so glad Verizon has the iPhone now. I despised my android. They never update the OS's like Apple does. It may release on one android, but wont make it to yours in 6 months. Which, is useless.

24. glossywhite macrumors 65816

glossywhite

I suppose you can only be talking about the... oh, wait - there's hundreds of Android devices, so...

I think my point is made, and you do kinda sound like a fanboy, even if you don't intend to.

25. fkhan3 macrumors 6502

If its a minor spec bump I'm keeping my iPhone4