Would you trade your iPhone for an Android?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Thomas card, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Thomas card macrumors member

Would you trade your iphone for any android phone ? Only serious answers please , no arguments needed just honest opinions !

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

No. Not even if someone paid me $500.

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Nope
    I have an iPhone 5 (personal)
    and I have a Galaxy S3 (work)

The Galaxy is never turned on or with me, and the number is forwarded to my iPhone

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I'd consider it, but it would really depend on the Android phone.

The HTC One is a great phone with a fantastic screen, but the camera sucks. I owned one for about 6 months, and I really enjoyed using it aside from the camera. I ended up dropping it and it took some pretty heavy damage, so I bought the 5s which had just been released.

The Nexus 5 seems to be pretty nice as well, but as for trading my iPhone? No, but only because it would only cost me $350-400 to buy one outright.

6. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

No.

I've been iPhone since 2nd Gen. I work in IT and have had the displeasure of fixing or trying to fix Android devices. Clunky, unpolished, a sea of incoherent menus and each device/manufacturer has their stuff hidden in different places. The freezes, pauses, lag and aged interface is not something I like or want to deal with.

Plus, everything just works at home for me - Apple TV, MacBook, iPad, iPhone and all that. All apps released are pretty much catered for the iPhone/Apple eco-system.

7. JackieInCo macrumors 601

No. I tried two Android devices for a year and found them more annoying than anything.

I will be an iPhone user till Apple decides to stop making them, if that ever happens.

8. IamLoki macrumors newbie

9. CEmajr macrumors 601

Never. I've tried it a few times and always went back to the iPhone. Just an overall better experience.

10. serega macrumors regular

No. My work phone is iPhone too so I like them to be in sync.

11. solo118 macrumors 65816

I tried it, but iphone is for me.

The eco system just works, and I like having imessage, facetime, free facetime audio calls and other iOS only features as 95% of my friends/family have an iphone.

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

13. I7guy macrumors G5

14. arefbe macrumors regular

arefbe

Nope. Even though the Note III is kinda nice.

15. cal6n macrumors 68000

cal6n

No. Tried two Androids a couple of years ago. Never again.

16. EarleD Guest

I did. had a iPhone 5 loved it. Updated to iOS 7, huge downgrade. Sold it and got a note 3. Much happier

17. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Absolutely note...Had a days worth of Android three years ago, returned it. Apple iOS is so much easier for me to use. And I'm a Senior Citz that likes easy stuff :D

18. zipa macrumors 65816

I really, really dislike Google and try to avoid anything that has to do with them, so no. I will be getting a Windows phone next, though, but I'm not sure if that will replace my iPhone 5 or coexist with it.

19. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

For that, you can sell the Android phone on eBay and get a brand new iPhone.

20. lovmyipad macrumors newbie

Would not trade

Company I work for purchased us android phones to use on company business ( they were free). Only use it when I have to. Turn it off when I leave work. Much prefer my iPhone 5s.

21. cynics macrumors G4

Not unless all my friends went Android and I had no use for iMessage and FaceTime. Even then it's iffy because I use AirPlay so often. I don't have a problem with Android though.

22. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

short answer: no

long answer:
    I was given a Galaxy S4 in Aug/Sept to test and then keep. I had an iPhone 4 at the time. I am now on an iPhone 5S (work purchased-but i could have bought any smartphone). I stuck with an iPhone because, I have other iOS devices and Macs, I have purchased many apps over the years, family has Apple, and no need to relearn a system. I found Android to be OK. some nicer things some things i hated. if this was my first without any App purchases by each, it may not matter but having an iPhone I will stay that way. AND you get free Apps from Starbucks too.