Would you trade your iPhone for an Android?

Thomas card

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2014
Would you trade your iphone for any android phone ? Only serious answers please , no arguments needed just honest opinions !

MacDawg

macrumors Core
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Nope
I have an iPhone 5 (personal)
and I have a Galaxy S3 (work)

The Galaxy is never turned on or with me, and the number is forwarded to my iPhone

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I'd consider it, but it would really depend on the Android phone.

The HTC One is a great phone with a fantastic screen, but the camera sucks. I owned one for about 6 months, and I really enjoyed using it aside from the camera. I ended up dropping it and it took some pretty heavy damage, so I bought the 5s which had just been released.

The Nexus 5 seems to be pretty nice as well, but as for trading my iPhone? No, but only because it would only cost me $350-400 to buy one outright.

AbSoluTc

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2008
No.

I've been iPhone since 2nd Gen. I work in IT and have had the displeasure of fixing or trying to fix Android devices. Clunky, unpolished, a sea of incoherent menus and each device/manufacturer has their stuff hidden in different places. The freezes, pauses, lag and aged interface is not something I like or want to deal with.

Plus, everything just works at home for me - Apple TV, MacBook, iPad, iPhone and all that. All apps released are pretty much catered for the iPhone/Apple eco-system.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
No. I tried two Android devices for a year and found them more annoying than anything.

I will be an iPhone user till Apple decides to stop making them, if that ever happens.

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
I tried it, but iphone is for me.

The eco system just works, and I like having imessage, facetime, free facetime audio calls and other iOS only features as 95% of my friends/family have an iphone.

EarleD

Aug 1, 2013
I did. had a iPhone 5 loved it. Updated to iOS 7, huge downgrade. Sold it and got a note 3. Much happier

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
Absolutely note...Had a days worth of Android three years ago, returned it. Apple iOS is so much easier for me to use. And I'm a Senior Citz that likes easy stuff :D

zipa

macrumors 65816
Feb 19, 2010
I really, really dislike Google and try to avoid anything that has to do with them, so no. I will be getting a Windows phone next, though, but I'm not sure if that will replace my iPhone 5 or coexist with it.

lovmyipad

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2013
Would not trade

Company I work for purchased us android phones to use on company business ( they were free). Only use it when I have to. Turn it off when I leave work. Much prefer my iPhone 5s.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Not unless all my friends went Android and I had no use for iMessage and FaceTime. Even then it's iffy because I use AirPlay so often. I don't have a problem with Android though.

BJMRamage

macrumors 68020
Oct 2, 2007
short answer: no

long answer:
I was given a Galaxy S4 in Aug/Sept to test and then keep. I had an iPhone 4 at the time. I am now on an iPhone 5S (work purchased-but i could have bought any smartphone). I stuck with an iPhone because, I have other iOS devices and Macs, I have purchased many apps over the years, family has Apple, and no need to relearn a system. I found Android to be OK. some nicer things some things i hated. if this was my first without any App purchases by each, it may not matter but having an iPhone I will stay that way. AND you get free Apps from Starbucks too.