Wow I thought these "bent" phones were a joke

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sydarm6, Oct 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sydarm6, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014

sydarm6 macrumors newbie

So I recently had an issue where my normal i6 screen was "clicking" ... seemed loose. Went to a genius bar, confirmed screen was loose. Gave me a new one (yesterday)

Now today.... i notice my looks off..and im talking super slightly. I didnt think anything of it. Figured "dominant" eye was the culprit. So i get home hours later.. this thing still looks off.

Ive tried it on 5 different flat surfaces. 3 tables, 2 counters and it all rocks back forth from 2 corners while the other 2 are completely firm and flat.

I am actually beyond livid at this point... this is going to be #3... I almost thought I was going to avoid this issue cause it wasnt a plus

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek4WBzXSN94&list=UUe4Sn3pVdhb3quYIudLZZVw

2. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Did you factor in the camera lens bezel that prevents the phone from laying flat?

3. sydarm6 thread starter macrumors newbie

................im going to just pretend you're trolling me

4. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

you rather call OP an retard than believe that iPhone can bend??

unbelievable.

OP... do what I did. if you have the 6+, return it and get 6. it feels a lot more solid.

or just keep returning it. Sooner or later Apple will realize that people are going through this. Apple will never admit it, but hopefully 6S will have the issue fixed.

5. sydarm6 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have 6 .. this is what is annoying me

6. AverageBob macrumors member

Can you post pics? I'm considering returning my 6 if even the 6 bends. Maybe they'll fix the issue next year for 6s.

Edit: Do you use a case btw?

7. sydarm6 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ive had this iphone less than 24 hours. Haven't bought a case yet

8. AverageBob macrumors member

You're scaring me. :(

9. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

If it was bent from the factory it's probably a manufacturing defect. Hopefully they don't try to blame it on you when you exchange it!

10. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

You said it rocks back forth from 2 corners while the other 2 are completely firm and flat.

Is it rocking diagonal from corner to corner?

11. yaboyac29 macrumors 6502a

he's not trolling.. the camera bezel sticks out and it prevents the phone from laying flat.

12. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Lobwedgephil

I thought this was helpful. Try laying it down face first?

13. AverageBob macrumors member

post pics

14. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

i have my iphone 6 for less than 8 hours... went to Apple store to get Applecare. just refuse to pay another 55 dollars on a case.

I'm almost too afraid to check mine now

15. KuchiKopi macrumors regular

KuchiKopi

Another bent iPhone thread from a brand new user. With no pics. :rolleyes:

Mods, wasteland please?

16. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

I bet it's Foxconn workers protesting against poor pay and working conditions. Same as it was with the 5 (damaged chamfers, hair under screen). A quick twist before putting it in retail box is all it takes to send a "message". In a sense, you received an iMessage from China. :D

17. sydarm6 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok so ive tried flat down.........on the actual screen. It rocks back and forth when pressing opposite corners (top left and bottom right).... when i try other the other 2 corners.... it doesnt move at all...

When i try on the back side with camera off the edge... it rocks as well still. same result.

18. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

I am by no mean doubting what you are saying.

but if you want to spend time typing and explaining it. might as well post a pic so people can see it (just ignore those who will undoubtedly say they "can't see any bend")

19. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

Of course it does, but you'd have to be pretty dense not to notice that. I am one of the people who thinks the bending is a real issue that needs to be monitored, but if the extent of the problem is that it rocks slightly when placed on a flat surface I'm not sure it qualifies as something to get "beyond livid" about. It's probably a slight manufacturing variance.

20. mr99 macrumors 6502a

Why are you here posting this thread? If it is damaged, why don't you take care of it with an Apple genius?

21. sydarm6 thread starter macrumors newbie

The only camera I have.. is the one on the iphone. so if you have any other suggestions lol

22. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

Is it possible to post a video of this happening? That way, we can get an idea of how severe the deformation is.

23. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

So you got one, then another, with a defect right out of the box. It happens with all kinds of manufactured items. Go back and swap it ASAP; show them your rocking action. Test the new one on the table in the store.

And get a case. There are plenty of good cases that cost less than $55.

24. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

Why not? People seem to have interest, why not let others know? Since the OP is new, I think he could at least come back a post a transaction record for the previous and upcoming exchanges to corroborate his story.

25. sydarm6 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.