Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

children

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2008
is there a chance that the thread starter is the seller? and this is just one big prank?

uicandrew

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2006
is there a chance that the thread starter is the seller? and this is just one big prank?

no. earlier on in the thread, or in another thread (there's an identical thread to this one in the macbook pro section of the forums) he/she discloses what his/her ebay screen name is.

Besides, the seller is "ID verified" which means that the seller has jumped through many hoops to prove their identity to ebay.

uicandrew

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2006
things not looking so good right now.

the OP's tracking number is

9102 1501 3471 1530 9809 67

and it hasn't been been scanned at any USPS stations in the past 2 days

well, i'm ready to dispute my own auction, so bring it on!

travis64

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2008
NEW YORK
guys im not the seller idk how to prove that but w.e dont believe then.dont buy from him cause i dont think its real thats it

if i was the seller i would say buy it

but if i get it good deal if not i get my money back w.e

uicandrew

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2006
guys im not the seller idk how to prove that but w.e dont believe then.dont buy from him cause i dont think its real thats it

if i was the seller i would say buy it

but if i get it good deal if not i get my money back w.e

i already mentioned it:

no. earlier on in the thread, or in another thread (there's an identical thread to this one in the macbook pro section of the forums) he/she discloses what his/her ebay screen name is.

Besides, the seller is "ID verified" which means that the seller has jumped through many hoops to prove their identity to ebay.

drjsway

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2009
Hey, it might be real.

I won a Rev B MBA 1.86/SSD on eBay a couple months ago for $1940, free shipping. Took him awhile to ship, which made me nervous, but it came 11 days later, brand new, unopened box, perfect. I even took it to the Apple store to confirm it wasn't stolen.

This seller shipped FedEx though, had much more feedback (thousands, not 51), and sold many laptops every day. I think he's called "electronics king" or something like that.

Best purchase I ever made and in the end, it was cheaper than my Rev A MBA 1.6/HDD ($1799 + tax = $1947)

EDIT: Sorry guys. I remember now that I got $200 live cashback so it was $2140 for the auction but to me, that was still an unbelievably good deal. Just looked up the seller on my ebay: He is electronic-king-inc and currently has 13,275 feedbacks.

uicandrew

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2006
i exchanged messages with the seller. i believe he/she is legit in the sense that I will get my macbook pro.

beyond that, it is a private ebay transaction between the seller and me.

because of that, I won't comment on it any further (on this thread or the other thread in the macbook pro forum) unless I feel that the transaction is not going to happen.

and if you want to accuse me of being the seller, then clearly you have not done your homework/research and there is no point in trying to convince you otherwise.

to travis64, i think you have reason to be optimistic. and don't feel like you have to prove yourself to anyone on this forum. If you got an unbelievable deal on a macbook, then you got one. if not, your credit card will back you.

WinkWink726

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2008
Pittsburgh Area, PA
don't feel like you have to prove yourself to anyone on this forum. If you got an unbelievable deal on a macbook, then you got one. if not, your credit card will back you.

Im in agreement!
Most of us have our 'puters already anyhow!!
That having been said... good luck!
I hope its true and you make out on this one and noooooo one else gets nearly as sweet as a deal EVER on a new comp like this.

If not... sorry 'boutcher luck, kiddo! :(
(but i'm still pullin' for ya!)

Okay... so for those of you that are skeptic of Travis being the seller...
dont buy any macbooks on ebay for 900 and you'll be JUUUUUUUST fine ;)

travis64

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2008
NEW YORK
thanks guys

Label/Receipt Number: 9102 1501 3471 1530 9809 67

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on January 20, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

not looking good

HazRutter

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2009
England
this is one of the best pranks i've seen on the internet

for those who are interested, here is the link: http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/

This is so funny.. What happened to jeff ?

i know what happens. 3 days from now you see a post "It Came!!!!".

then half the readers of this thread log in and buy one also. 3 more days later
the original poster who turns out to be the seller is gone and 25 people get ripped off at once.

Lol. I hope not for the sake of everyone here :)

Joeski

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2007
thanks guys

Label/Receipt Number: 9102 1501 3471 1530 9809 67

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on January 20, 2009 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

not looking good

This is kind of a garbage response from USPS though. I recently bought a few textbooks online and got the same response. They simply don't have as good tracking info as UPS or FedEx.

jamse

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2009
Hello,

I thank you for taking the time in visiting my site.
I have 100% positive feedback. I purchase directly from manufacture to resell.
I hope that I can earn your business thank you.

Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 00:08:27 -0800
Subject: macbook pro
To: mysiteiseasy@hotmail.com

hey how are you getting these so cheap?

macbooks are price protected, like all of the other apple products that are non-accessories. so vendors that buy straight from retail pay almost the same as consumers who buy them. if there is any extra margin for the vendors it is probably 100 dollars, but i HIGHLY doubt that they make any money off macbooks themselves. usually vendors will want you to buy accessories with your macbook or ipod, which brings in the revenue for them.

travis64

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2008
NEW YORK
jw if you guys got the same tracking # as me

9102 1501 3471 1530 9809 67
hes still not emailing me back

thanks

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
USPS tracking isn't really tracking's it a delivery confirmation. anyway good luck again, but right now it looks not so hot..

danvan21

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2008
make sure to take pictures or video of the unboxing so you can say it wasnt what you paid for. Good luck, may turn out ok but maybe not

Shawn D

macrumors regular
Dec 26, 2008
goodluck man, I hope it works out ok for you. eBay has a lot of crooks so you have to be careful.

harryhood

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2006
I won the same auction for $900 and sent the guy a message saying "if you could send me a real picture of the product i just won, then i'll have the money sent"

2 days ago. still no email.

op let us know what happens with yours.

jonnysods

macrumors G3
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
These things just seem too good to be true. I get that queasy feeling when I hear about these deals.

BUT! I'm watching this post, with money burning in my pocket hoping it's true!

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
I won the same auction for $900 and sent the guy a message saying "if you could send me a real picture of the product i just won, then i'll have the money sent"

2 days ago. still no email.

op let us know what happens with yours.

smart here. Damn hope it's true though for you guys.

travis64

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2008
NEW YORK
yea he still has not emailed me

but he has declined offers on the macbook today so

ill give it till wed to get the macbook then ill call him

Chase R

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2008
PDX
yea he still has not emailed me

but he has declined offers on the macbook today so

ill give it till wed to get the macbook then ill call him

Why wouldn't you just call him right away? Much easier than email to get your point across...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.