[WW] Bloodlust GAME OVER - WEREWOLVES WIN

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ravenvii, Aug 27, 2010.

1. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Welcome to the fifth installment of the Werewolves Game!

First of all, I just want to say that this game is recommended for players who already played a previous game, or feel that she/he understands how the game plays out fairly well. The rules could get a bit overwhelming if you don't understand the underlying game (which is very simple actually, but might be difficult to grasp if you haven't played before).

The rules will be largely based on the previous game. There are no new roles or new rules, only tweaks to existing ones. To save time for those familiar with the rules already, here's the tweaks:

Summary of tweaks:
    a) A tweak to the roles of the Hunters in here the Werewolf Hunter can only protect against werewolf attacks, the Vampire Hunter can only protect against Vampire attacks.
    b) The Werewolf Hunter's protection will extend to the daytime in case of a Kamikaze Werewolf attack during a lynching, and is effective against infections.
    c) Stated explicitly that infections are effective against all specials EXCEPT the Werewolf Hunter if the immunity is still in effect. The Werewolf Hunter will lost the immunity as if attacked.
    d) The third werewolf is eliminated. There will only be two werewolves initially, with potential for three.
    e) There will be two Goths. Both can become vampires if they scan the Vampire, or the Vampire scans one of them. However, once a Goth and the Vampire discovers each other, they will be activated, and the second Goth will need to continue to scan until he/she discovers one of the Vampires to become activated him/herself.
    f) Specials WILL retain their powers after infection.
    g) Werewolves and Vampires are no longer immune to each others' attacks. They have the same kind of immunity as the Hunters does (can survive one attack).
    h) Added that Specials can pre-emptively send in their PMs during the daytime for the following night's actions.

The framework will be the same as the previous advanced games. As a reference, here's links to the previous advanced games:

Werewolves in MRville!
    Werewolves Returns to MRville!
    The MRville Horror, Part 3
    MRville 4: Evil Never Dies

GAME RULES:

THE GOOD GUYS:

The Werewolf Hunter: The Werewolf Hunter can pick a player to protect every night against werewolf attacks. However, the hunter cannot protect the same player two nights in a row, and cannot protect him/herself. The protection does extend into the daytime, meaning the Hunter can protect a villager from a Kamikaze Werewolf attack. The protection is also effective against an infection. S/he also has an additional ability to instantly kill any player of his choosing. This ability can only be used once during the game, and is only effective against werewolves or villagers. An attack on a vampire will fail, and the Hunter cannot use the ability again, so choose wisely! Immune to one werewolf attack or infection. Can be killed if attacked again (or attacked after an failed infection attempt).

The Vampire Hunter: Same as the Werewolf Hunter, except his protection and insta-kill is effective against only vampires and villagers, not werewolves, and he is immune to one vampire attack.

Seer: Seer can find the true role of any ALIVE player.

Undertaker: Same as the Seer, except for DEAD players.

Sorcerer: One-time power (instant) to resurrect any player.

Villagers: Same as before.

THE BAD GUYS:

The Werewolves: Werewolves can PM each other. They pick one villager to eat per night. There are three kinds of werewolves;

a) The Alpha Werewolf) can at any time during the game, pick one villager to infect. This will convert the villager into a normal werewolf (no special abilities) and join the werewolves' team. The infection is effective against specials such as the Seer and the Undertaker, and the specials retain their powers after being infected. The infection is not effective against the Werewolf Hunter, however, nor against anyone the Werewolf Hunter is protecting. The Alpha Werewolf only has one chance at an infection - there are no second chances after a failed infection.

b) The Kamikaze Werewolf has the ability to pick any one villager to kill during his lynching. In other words, if he is voted to be hanged, he will take one villager with him - unless the villager is being protected by a Werewolf Hunter.

c) The normal Werewolf has no powers. This type results from an successful infection by the Alpha Werewolf.

Vampire: There will be one vampire. At first, he is a regular villager for all intents and purposes. The only thing he can do is pick a player to scan each night in the hopes of discovering a willing victim, the Goth. Once the vampire discovers the Goth, the Goth will convert into a vampire, and they will, as a team, pick from whom to drink blood.

Goths: There are two Goths Like the vampire, the Goths scans players to find the vampire. Once the Goth finds the vampire, he/she will convert into a vampire. Will take the reigns if the original vampire dies. Once the Vampire and a Goth discovers each other, they will be activated. The second Goth, however, remains dormant until he/she scans one of the Vampires.

Note that the vampire(s) are NOT on the werewolves' side, so they will NOT know who the werewolves are, nor will the werewolves know who the vampire(s) is/are. They, like the Hunters, are immune to one attack. The Vampires, however, are completely immune to infection by the Alpha Werewolf. This does not apply to the Goth until s/he has been converted.

Miscellaneous:

a) Villagers can NOT PM any other player regarding the game.

b) Werewolves CAN PM each other and Vampires CAN PM each other.

c) Players can NOT post confidential communication (this includes communication between a Special and the host; the wolves; or any player and the host). This includes copy and paste and screenshots. Players can post information given to them by the host in their own words, they just can't copy and paste, or post a screenshot.

d) Players can edit their posts during the game is in progress, however if you edit your post, you MUST give an explanation of why/what you edited.

e) Dead players can NOT participate in the game - this includes providing information, encouragement, tips or otherwise. This has been an issue in the previous game, so I'm going to be more strict with this. Dead players are eligible to ONE post following his death. This one post follows the same rules as before - cannot influence the game, and so forth. Posts consisting of little more than an image is DISCOURAGED in the forums at large, so please avoid this.

f) Voting for lynching will close as soon as majority is reached.

g) Voting can only take place in the daytime. Any votes made during the night will not be counted.

h) For clarity, when you vote, bold the name of the player you're voting for. This alleviates confusion and makes it easier for me to count the votes. You can also play with this - "I really like Bob, he's a great guy" counts as a vote for Bob You can jokingly vote by not bolding the name - it will not be counted.

i) You can retract and change your vote at any time up to the close of the vote.

j) The game will begin at DAYTIME.

k) There will be a TIME LIMIT for Specials to send in their PMs. The time limit will be 24 hours after the posting of the lynching (NOT after the voting closes) on weekdays, and 48 hours if any of the 24 hours falls on Saturday or Sunday. There is NO time limit for the lynching vote.

l) Specials CAN pre-emptively send in their actions during the daytime for the following night. Specials are allowed to change pre-emptive actions unless it has already been resolved.

m) Turn order during the night:

Seer and Undertaker scans;
    Hunters protect;
    Vampire/Goth scans (or attacks);
    Werewolves attacks.

If the vampires and werewolves pick the same player to kill, then only one person will die that night.

ROSTER:

1) Rodimus Prime - lynched, villager
    2) NathanMuir - mauled
    3) -aggie- - werewolf plaything
    4) iBookG4user - lynched, villager
    5) ucfgrad93 - lynched, villager
    6) Melrose
    7) philbeeney - lynched, werewolf
    8) willbro - lynched, villager
    9) Mexbearpig
    10) abijnk - eaten by werewolves
    11) chrmjenkins - lynched, villager
    12) King Mook Mook - lynched, villager RESURRECTED dismembered by werewolves
    13) appleguy123
    14) jav5464 - lynched, villager
    15) iBlue
    16) Don't panic - mauled
    17) renewed - lynched, vampire
    18) mscriv - mauled by werewolves
    19) SilentPanda - werewolf meal
    20) stonyc - killed by werewolves

2. 184550 Guest

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I am IN with a caveat. The game starts on the Labor Day weekend and I am traveling out of state before that. I’ll be in an area of very poor cell coverage until September 7 and supposedly we have no internet via dialup or DSL in the area of the state I’ll be in. So, my iPhone is my only way to post that weekend and on Labor Day. If I don’t post you know why.

In answer to your questions, OP, I think everything should stay as it was (Sorcerer/priest can revive and specials keep their powers after infection).

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I think that the role worked fairly well last time, so it should probably be given another chance for this game as well. Although if it doesn't work very well this time, we should probably get rid of it. It does give the villagers a much needed advantage over the werwolves though.

I believe that they should, as it would be one of the reasons why the werewolves would infect that person. If they lose their powers, it makes the infection lose some of it's power. Although I do have a question, if the seer or undertaker is infected and then lynched. If the Sorcerer were to resurrect them, would they come back as still infected, or would they come back as uninfected?

That's a good idea, especially considering how early the vampires were taken out last round.

With all that being said, I'm in. :)

5. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii

Another idea for the Vampire/Goth paradigm, from the other thread (I forgot who posted the idea, but it's not mine ;)); there could be a Vampire and two Goths, who scan for each other. The first goth to scan the Vampire becomes a Vampire himself, and the second Goth becomes a regular villager. (In case of a simultaneous scan, first in time, first in right controls.)

What do you guys think?

6. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

7. 184550 Guest

I think that this would be beneficial. IMO it takes too long and is too much of a long shot for Vampires to be activated and make a mark on the game.

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I guess this is fine with me, since this affords the vampires a better chance of actually getting to play, right?

9. philbeeney macrumors 6502

philbeeney

I am in.

Thanks ravenvii for running these games.

10. Mexbearpig macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

I'm in! and I like all the bolder parts. And the 2 goths thing also.

11. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

In!

I also like all of the roles as they are listed above, including the booded parts.

12. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

13. 184550 Guest

Ve vill see.

14. King Mook Mook macrumors 6502

Oh, oh! I'm in!

I was thinking, as someone (can't remember who) pointed out in the previous game, it can be quite boring to be just a run of the mill villager with no special role. So, I think it could be beneficial and more fun to have more roles! I think the one vamp and two goths is a good idea, makes it quicker for them to be activated as well as the reveal of the scans prior (however, to make it a bit more balanced, perhaps only the vamps scan would be revealed to the goth and vice versa, so the vamp doesn't get both goths' scan?).

Also, I was playing a game of Mafia (where Werewolf stems from for those unaware), and we had another quite interesting role, which I think we could do: Basically, there are two new roles, the traitor and the "stool pigeon". The Traitor is not a werewolf, and the other werewolves know that he is not, but communicates with the other werewolves at night, and at day he works to protect the werewolves and hamper the town (he wins only with a Werewolf victory). This could also be used for the vampires too? Conversely, there could be a "stool pigeon" who is a mole within the group, who the werewolves believe to be a werewolf (allowed to communicate and work with them), but during day tries to have them lynched etc. However, they can be killed by the werewolves at night, if the werewolves discover his identity (winning with the innocents, but only if he's still alive at the end of the game).

Perhaps a different name for their characters (not very werewolfy!) I was also thinking that there could be a traitor and a stool pigeon for the vampires and the werewolves. So there is one Traitor for the werewolves, knows who the werewolves are, and tries to get them to win, and one Traitor for the vampires, who knows who the vamps are, and tries to get them to win etc.

Thoughts?

Oh, and this idea from abijink from the previous thread struck me to be really good!

15. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I started maintaining a color coded voting record for the simple game, so I will do the same for the complex game.

Complex Game Voting Record

I've also put the link (to both games) in my sig for easy access (well, until I die...).

16. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Darn it! You took my job :p

How would this role work out in the game? I mean if they're trying to get the werewolves lynched, wouldn't the werewolves find out as soon as they try to do so? They would get killed pretty early on I would think, although the other role that you mentioned might be interesting.

17. 184550 Guest

I'd be interested in the 'Neighborhood Watch' idea.

18. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Sorry, you can have it back if you want. :eek:

19. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

It's alright, glad my idea caught on, though :p

20. King Mook Mook macrumors 6502

Mmm, I agree, but in many ways, I think that's the point, it would be quite a difficult and interesting role to play. It would be new, exciting, different! (We should Think Different, after all!) They would have to be quite subtle in their trying to get the werewolves lynched, otherwise the werewolves would figure it out. But if they were too subtle, then the wolves could win!

It's all a balancing act: Much like the Seer, who can't make it too obvious they're Seer (or be killed by the Werewolves/Vampires, on that night, or the next), but can't be too subtle about it either, or risk the wolves either winning, or killing them by luck!

TBH, it's not a hugh deal, I just think that by having more roles not only makes it more fun for the participants, but also encourages more, different dynamics which we are yet to experience, and as this is our fifth (? It all happens so quickly!) game, it would be good to revitalise it with some new different roles!

21. Mexbearpig macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

It wouldn't be exactly just voting for the other wolves. But more of subtle hints. Like 'all these people an I are cool! I'm on thier side!' or just attracting attention to them by voting in a pack ad make it obvious. Vote all at the same time. Ect. BTW I like Mooks ideas. But not sure about Abijnks.

22. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I honestly didn't know you were doing it for the complex game until you mentioned it just now. I got eated too early. :mad: