Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

WWDC 2008 'Spoiler Free' Keynote Stream [Updated]

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Spoiler Free Keynote Link: Click Here to watch keynote. Direct Quicktime link. No Spoilers. High rez version here

Apple will kick off the 2008 Worldwide Developers Conference on June 9th 2008 with a keynote speech from Steve Jobs. News sites across the web will cover every announcement in detail, while Apple's site will be updated with any new products announced.

The keynote takes places on June 9th, 2008 at 10AM Pacific time and will be covered live at MacRumorsLive.com

Some readers prefer watching the keynote themselves without knowing the outcome. Unfortunately, there is no live video feed for the keynote. Instead, Apple posts a recorded Quicktime stream (usually) a few hours after the keynote completes.

For those individuals, we've posted this news story which will be updated with the link to the WWDC 2008 Keynote speech once it becomes available from Apple. No other news stories or announcements will be displayed alongside this story.

You can also subscribe to our notification list which will send out an email when the keynote is posted online. The mailing list will only be used for notifications for these spoiler free announcements and you may unsubscribe at any time.

Notify me of Keynote Stream function CheckMultiple5(frm, name) { for (var i=0; i < frm.length; i++) { fldObj = frm.elements; fldId = fldObj.id; if (fldId) { var fieldnamecheck=fldObj.id.indexOf(name); if (fieldnamecheck != -1) { if (fldObj.checked) { return true; } } } } return false; } function CheckForm5(f) { if (f.email.value == "") { alert("Please enter your email address."); f.email.focus(); return false; } return true; };
Apple can take several hours to post the feed. The mailing list can also take up to a couple of hours to send out all the emails. Be patient. Or keep checking this page.

Spoiler Free Keynote Link: Click Here to watch keynote. Direct Quicktime link. No Spoilers. High rez version here

Article Link: WWDC 2008 'Spoiler Free' Keynote Stream [Updated]

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
Thanks for the usual hard, excellent work, MacRumors!

I always use MR during the live feed...the other sites crash and always add in dumb sarcastic comments that don't help. Also, other sites add info towards the bottom causing longer loading times...annoying.

Comment

Project-79

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2008
Canada
How long is a few hours? 2, 5, 10? And what time, roughly, would Apple's stream be online?

Thanks!

Comment

walnuts

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Thanks a bunch Macrumors!

How long will the link stay good? I'm leaving on my honeymoon on the 9th and want to watch when I come back the on the 20th- will it still be good?

Comment

celavato

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2005
Last time , MacRumors forgot to post the link to the video in this thread, thus defeating the purpose. I hope that doesn't happen again, but I'm sure an alert reader will post it here if MacRumors forgets again. Let the countdown begin.

Comment

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
I'll be following the marcumorslive.com feed this time around. For MWSF I avoided the internet waiting for the email to inform me the stream was up.

I then got an email from a mate that simply said....

"www.apple.com/macbookair looks sweet!"

So don't want to get the old hands burnt twice! Plus, it goes up pretty late for us in the UK and invariably can't watch it propely as the whole world tries to stream it. Will look forward to watching the keynote as a podcast on my brand new 3G iPhone :)

Comment

H$R

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2008
Switzerland
Thanks a bunch Macrumors!

How long will the link stay good? I'm leaving on my honeymoon on the 9th and want to watch when I come back the on the 20th- will it still be good?

The original Apple link to the stream quicktime? Long enough, you can even still watch the old ones from years ago on apple.com.

Comment

AL3

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2008
São Paulo, Brazil
Spoilers

in the 'Spoiler Free' page I saw an ad from Apple.com
will this ad be displayed on the 9th? If apple puts the new product(s) in the ad, won't it spoil all our fun?

Still, MacRumors, that's gotta be the best idea for watching the Keynotes.

Comment

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
in the 'Spoiler Free' page I saw an ad from Apple.com
will this ad be displayed on the 9th? If apple puts the new product(s) in the ad, won't it spoil all our fun?

The ad is just static image that never changes. Looks better than blank white space.

arn

Comment

istealth

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2008
I can't wait..!!!! for those of us in central time, the keynote fits well into a lunch break (Long lunch break). I will head down to the local coffe shoppe jump on macrumors and read. Thanks MacRumors! However it will be a bust if we really have to wait for 2.0 till the end of this month......

Comment

salohcin

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2008
Isn't the time difference 3 hours between pasific and eastern? Wouldn't it be 1PM-5PM (GMT) -- 10AM-2PM (PACIFIC)?

Thanks!

You are correct that it is a three hour difference, however GMT is not eastern time. In fact it is 5 hours ahead of EST. Therefore the original poster's time difference was correct.

Comment

tchait

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2008
I'm planning to watch the keynote before I read any articles or browse Apple's site, but I may be tempted...

Comment

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
every year I tell myself I'll watch the spoiler free stream and i always fail to do so...MR is too exciting!

Comment

Project-79

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2008
Canada
You are correct that it is a three hour difference, however GMT is not eastern time. In fact it is 5 hours ahead of EST. Therefore the original poster's time difference was correct.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up! I was confused, sorry.

P-79

Comment

DaftUnion

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2005
Wisconsin
This year will be different

I never can make myself wait until the Keynote Stream goes up but I work 5-10pm on Monday so this will be a first....to the point that I might disconnect the internet in the daytime so I don't check it before going to work.

I guess I'll let everyone know which is better since I always have no self control and go flying onto macrumorslive.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.