Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ClothheadHQ

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2008
steve again ( not that one)

now 23"06 in the uk, the others have gone to bed so it is just me in the kitchen wondering how long I will wait.

or could I just do a day in london with out seeing or hearing any news?..maybe...

oh well 30 mins more.

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
How's it goin in here chaps and chapesses? Must be killer... they seem to make the keynote wait longer and longer every year! ;)

(if you read that backwards it's actually a massive spoiler :D )

DocNYz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
East Coast, USA
I think this must be one of those things where the second we all give up and move on to something else in our lives, then it will instantaneously be posted ... let's all get up and look out the window simultaneously on 3 ...

1 ...

2 ...

onionperson654

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2007
Was the Macworld keynote streamed? I sort of remember that. The SDK announcement and WWDC are big but they aren't Macworld.

I've got to say that I'm really impressed that no one has posted spoilers here. It just takes one jerk to ruin it.

craigp

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2007
You have to realize Steve Jobs is getting pretty old. In case something happens to him during the keynote - a major hiccup or worse - Apple can't show it live.

I am sure you all understand why this is done.

WHAT! I really don't think this is the reason they don't show it live. I think it's probably more to do with the several hundred thousand dollars it would cost in peak bandwidth traffic requirements to stream at anything close to reasonable to the several hundred thousand people who would tune in ;-)

ClothheadHQ

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2008
the macworld keynote in jan this year appeared around 2200 uk time, but it started at 1700 uk time.

i remember a link in this forum appeared before the main page linked to the feed.

Dish

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2007
Finally broke down and checked the apple website. Looks like they didn't announce a 3g iPhone after all. They dropped the iphone entirely, along with the entire ipod line. Steve also surprised the audience by announcing a complete hardware switch back to the PowerPC processors. Finally, he announced that all copies of Leopard and Tiger are to be burned and the entire world will now be required to work in Panther (duh duh DUUUUUHHHHH!)

JUST KIDDING! c'mon apple, post that keynote!

craigp

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2007
eeerrrrrr.........hhhmmmmmmm............ok??

He he... I know how you're feeling... you know the second you switch off and get into bed... that's when the stream will go live.

Hell... one night's missed sleep isn't going to kill you tomorrow, is it?

I do hope you're not a fireman/woman or a surgeon or something ;-)

studiox

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2004
Stockholm / Sweden
It's the summer break now anyway. Even though it is 00:04 around here right now, I'm prepared to stay up until like 5 to watch the keynote.

Reading about what happened afterwards is never as complete or satisfying. :eek:

We are in the same timezone :)

Maybe Apple didn't release anything in this keynote. Maybe Steve just talked about how great Apple is and they didn't bother to add a stream - That's like watching a horrible movie with your girlfriend just to get a nice "reward" afterwards that you wont get. mohha!

CapitalQ

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2007
the macworld keynote in jan this year appeared around 2200 uk time, but it started at 1700 uk time.

i remember a link in this forum appeared before the main page linked to the feed.

Yeah, I found that link! I'm trying to stay spoiler-free for this one, though. No link-seeking for me!

applemax

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2005
can anyone check if it's on the homepage or in the apple keynotes podcast yet? cheers

jvlog

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2008
did they shoot the whole thing in HD 3D. i mean seriously. get the vid up already.

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
United States
Its been 3 hours now. Its 3:15 here. What's taking Apple so long? I want to watch the keynote already. All the audio stream was not enough :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.