Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mmoosa

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2008
London, UK
And this is why geeks don't get girls...we have probably wasted an entire 4-hr period doing nothing but talking about what we do to NOT BE WITH SOCIETY and how we avoid all contact with the modern world, except with our own little group.....sad, but probably will be worth it.

thats because i have no exams, work or anything and it's more fun to watch the video

ClothheadHQ

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2008
I noticed that the typical mac user podcast has downloaded to i tunes...
it is entitled "post wwdc podcast".......

any time now...

Oddgeirf

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2008
I have just registered too. Had to hold my hand in front of my eyes so i wouldnt see the mails. Only the time they got in ;) I´m gonna explode soon or maybe go to sleep. I live in norway so the clock is about 11.45 pm. It sucks. Gonna wake up for work at 6.00 tomorrow and i want to see the keynote.

onionperson654

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2007
That's ok. Here in Europe we have no clue whatsoever about NFL, only when Jay Leno talks about Chicago Bears in a... nice way..

Interesting, because no one in the US really knows much about the Bears either (not a really noteworthy team these days). Luckily for those of us there in the States (do people elsewhere call them that, because American's don't, really) many teams elsewhere are country teams, so we all know who Portugal is.

Worst of all, however, is the fact that the US has a major league soccer/football league, but no one knows the team names, literally. And then we poach someone like Beckham and put him in the unknown league (although to give it some publicicty), it's no quite fair.

But hey, the NFL is trying to play more games in Europe to grow a following there (sold out a stadium in England last year).

One quick trivia question to continue the distraction for the video: What does the word "National" in the phrase :National Hockey League" stand for when the majority of the teams are in the US but the majority of the players are from Canada (who doesn't care for soccer either)?

And one quick piece of trivia, in the US, it is soccer (i.e. football), not American football (NFL version), hockey, basketball, or baseball that has the most kids play it. Strangely though, they don't go on to watch it.

Green Butterfly

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2007
Silicon Valley, CA
I killed a lot of time reading all the messages in this thread.

Several years ago Apple did stream keynotes live. As I recall, the stream seemed to hiccup a lot, probably due to the number of connections.

Does anybody remember the year the keynote was on TV? That was really great. It was probably back in 1999 or 2000. I can't remember the name of the channel now. It was the original tech tv channel. Did it start with a Z? Znet maybe? I don't think it was cnet.

bertpalmer

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2007
Think I may have to go to bed soom too. I'm sad to say it but the wait may not be worth it in terms of me getting out of bed tomorrow morning...

applemax

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2005
I killed a lot of time reading all the messages in this thread.

Several years ago Apple did stream keynotes live. As I recall, the stream seemed to hiccup a lot, probably due to the number of connections.

Does anybody remember the year the keynote was on TV? That was really great. It was probably back in 1999 or 2000. I can't remember the name of the channel now. It was the original tech tv channel. Did it start with a Z? Znet maybe? I don't think it was cnet.

Technology is much better now - can't they retry? I'm also pretty sure that when the original iPhone was being announced, CNBC went live to the keynote

ceruleanjen

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2008
this is taking too long! i have to leave for work in an hour and i work in a place where i need to know the current tech news. :( i'm gonna have to just read apple.com if the keynote isn't posted real soon. :'(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.