Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

WWDC Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Videos

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

cmccarten

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2006
Looks good - wish the videos were higher res though!
Its kind of fun to put it on fullscreen to get a feeling of what the new dock / menu bar will look like.

Comment

dartzorichalcos

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2007
Atlantis
The new screensavers look cool. I liked all the videos and just wish the Aqua scrollbars will be replaced with iTunes 7 scrollbars.

Comment

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
Anyone noticed there's no transition between the desktop and FrontRow? That's jarring. I hope the final version will include a transition. Even a simple cross-fade would be better.

Comment

himansk

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2006
I dont get why it said "You dont have any photos on your apple tv" when Photos was selected in the menu in front row

Comment

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I dont get why it said "You dont have any pictures on your apple tv" when Pictures was selected in the front row

interesting... guess Front Row 2 is directly based off of Apple TV's software.

arn

Comment

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
yeah, it's almost like some Leopard features are "disabled" for those without an Apple TV vs. enabled if you do have one. Just semantics I guess.

Comment

mrchainsaw5757

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2006
i dont know if i like the front row switch, its cool. but i enjoy the current one. also whats up with the weird antique sepia tone screen saver that bounces? i dont get it. other than that everything is sweet

Comment

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2003
I thought I better watch them before Apple forces the website to take them down!

Comment

Matthew Yohe

macrumors 68020
Oct 12, 2006
Disk Utility now features "Partition Magic"-like features like resizing system disks or partitioning without destroying data.

Comment

Burgess07

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2007
Watertown, WI
because I hate purple. If they're going to replace aqua at least choose some other color. My favorite color is blue so I like aqua better.

Comment

yzp

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2007
Quebec
Looks good - wish the videos were higher res though!
Its kind of fun to put it on fullscreen to get a feeling of what the new dock / menu bar will look like.

exactly...... we dont see Leopard's feature due to the low-res!

brightcove is ******

Comment

Yamisky0

macrumors member
May 17, 2007
Nonono. The Apple TV thing was showing how similar it was to the Apple TV. If you looked on the side in the notes, he said "even with error messages ripped from the Apple TV."

Comment

Butters

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2006
UK
I dont get why it said "You dont have any photos on your apple tv" when Photos was selected in the menu in front row

it says in the video comments that the error messages have been ripped from appletv, basically they've used the same software and not got round to changing the messages yet.... and hopefully adding a transition too

Comment

nateco

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2006
Weird...yesterday I got threads deleted because I was talking about me using leopard....today, there are movies of all the features on the main page.
:rolleyes:

Comment

wronski

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2005
because I hate purple. If they're going to replace aqua at least choose some other color. My favorite color is blue so I like aqua better.

There's no purple anywhere in the system... and if there was I guess they better change it to blue since that's the one you like.

Comment

theheyes

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2006
Manchester
Spotlight seems pretty quick in one of those videos. Hopefully its a sign of a marked improvement and not just because theres very little to index on the drive.

Comment

markporter

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2007
I always thought the scrollsbars should be one of those interface elements that you could change the colour of - I have wonderful visions of deep red scrollbars on my system.

Comment

lancestraz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2005
RI
Anyone noticed there's no transition between the desktop and FrontRow? That's jarring. I hope the final version will include a transition. Even a simple cross-fade would be better.
That's probable just Snapz Pro not catching the animation.

Or not... Just saying.

Comment

Burgess07

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2007
Watertown, WI
There's no purple anywhere in the system... and if there was I guess they better change it to blue since that's the one you like.

when did I say there was purple? dartzorichalcos just asked me why i don't like the iTunes scrollbars. And why do you think I expected apple to keep aqua because "I like it"?

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.