Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

WWDC: Safari For Windows

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
It took a bit before the page was up. Kept getting directed to Safari 1.0.2. I'm definitely going to have to play with this at home some.

I like consistency between browsers. Now I just need a convenient way to sync my bookmarks between my PowerBook and my PC at home/work.

Comment

lorductape

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2006
t3h usa
can anyone tell me why I can't install it? it's telling me that "Mac HD" doesn't meet system requirements. i've def. got the required 50 mb of space... more like 150 gb... but it still won't let me install :mad: :( :mad: :(

I WANT TO USE SAFARI! help!

Comment

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Am I the only who doesn't see any difference at all? Seems exactly like Safari 2 except for the "Safari 3.0" in the about box. Still brushed metal and all...

Comment

SBik2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2006
/private/var/root
can anyone tell me why I can't install it? it's telling me that "Mac HD" doesn't meet system requirements. i've def. got the required 50 mb of space... more like 150 gb... but it still won't let me install :mad: :( :mad: :(

ME too!!! im on my mac so idk why its not working!! i have 20gb of space left and it wont let me!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Comment

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
Am I the only who doesn't see any difference at all? Seems exactly like Safari 2 except for the "Safari 3.0" in the about box. Still brushed metal and all...

try moving tabs around. and try searching for something. it's really quite interesting.

Comment
Thanks for the re-boot

Hey Safari is just like a real Windows app now.

I had to reboot after installing. Come on Apple, don't start this Windows'esque rebooting crap after installing any piece of software.

Why does OS X need to reboot after installing a web browser?

edit: Oh yeah, uninstall Pith Helmet before installing Safari Beta 3. I didn't and it caused a 5 min system hang with a dialog box telling me that SIMBL was not compatible with Beta 3.

Comment

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Screen shot of it on Windows Vista Ultimate:

I'm really not too keen. It doesn't look, feel, or behave at home at all.

edit: FYI, I didn't get asked to reboot. You guys that did, XP or Vista?

Comment

Deerhunter04

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2006
Illinois

Yep, i'm experiencing the same thing. It installed on Vista...go figure. :)

Comment

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
Screen shot of it on Windows Vista Ultimate:

I'm really not too keen. It doesn't look, feel, or behave at home at all.

how much memory does it take?
is app responding fast?
hows general feeling?
isn't vista app supposed to have shadow under window? does safari breaks windows UI guideline again?

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.