Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

180303-sold.png

Apple confirmed to Macworld that the 2008 Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) has sold out for the first time.
"Response to this year's WWDC has been off the charts and we are delighted with the show of enthusiasm and support from the developer community for the new iPhone SDK," Apple spokesman Bill Evans told Macworld. "The conference is now sold out. For those unable to attend WWDC, session videos will be available to purchase on iTunes shortly after the conference."
Apple declined to provide an exact tally for the record-breaking attendance. Certainly, opening the conference up to iPhone developers has increased interest in Apple's developer conference.

Article Link

callmemike20

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2007
USA
Amazing.

Btw, I switched to a mac back in August of 2007. Does macrumors have live coverage of WWDC? Or do I have to wait till later that day to know what happened?

Mykbibby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2007
Palm Springs, CA
That's ridiculous... that 3G iPhone has been hyped to the max!!!

That's cool they're posting to iTunes though... but still...

3G iPhone? iTablet? MacBook Pro? So Many Questions, So Few Answers!!!

Optimus Frag

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2008
North Yorkshire, England
Very encouraging. Can't wait till the new firmware and the Apps store launch within iTunes. Someone should do a sweepstake on how many apps will launch day. I'll be conservative and say between 45 and 60.

cazlar

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2003
Sydney, Australia
This could be good news for me. I program stuff mostly for personal use at work, but can't justify paying for the full dev program, or to go to WWDC. I've always been envious of the WWDC sessions/videos though as I gather they are pretty useful. Now I can watch them online, hopefully for not too much money.

@ callmemike20:
Yep, live coverage of Keynote usually. But not the rest of the sessions of course.

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
Could this be from a rejected Apple Ad campaign?

"So if you wanted to go to WWDC 2008 but can't, but you can always call someone who is there to find out what is going on... you know, on a brand new 3G iPhone.

Um, but that's them on the new iPhone, not you, sorry."

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
This could be good news for me. I program stuff mostly for personal use at work, but can't justify paying for the full dev program, or to go to WWDC. I've always been envious of the WWDC sessions/videos though as I gather they are pretty useful. Now I can watch them online, hopefully for not too much money.

@ callmemike20:
Yep, live coverage of Keynote usually. But not the rest of the sessions of course.

Actually, due to the bandwidth requirements of all those interested, there hasn't been live coverage for quiet awhile now.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
ya, no live video stream. We'll be covering the keynote live with MacRumorsLive. text + photos.

arn

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Reminds me of this article from a year ago about developers drifting away from Windows (often toward Linux):
http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=18448

If you believe that survey, the number of Windows developers is shrinking rather than growing. I bet that's not true of Mac OS X or OS X Touch (or whatever name they will eventually get around to choosing).

Yuppi

Cancelled
Aug 6, 2007
I am so looking forward to see the keynote.. Only 25 days to go :)
I surely don't want to stand in that line for the keynote..
The keynote will be available online later in the evening.
Last year there were 5000 people. I don't think that it is possible to double that number.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.