Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

092430-moscone-event.jpg

Originally spotted by AppleBitch.com, the possible dates for WWDC this year appear to fall between June 5th and 9th. The Moscone events page shows a "Corporate Meeting" in Moscone West occupying those dates. In the past, such listings have predicted Apple's WWDC event, but not with complete accuracy. Last year, Apple's actual WWDC dates did not fall on the predicted dates.

What is interesting is that the dates do correspond with tentative leaked dates from a San Francisco Convention and Visitors Bureau PDF. Those dates included:

Tentative WWDC Dates:
2010: June 27th - July 2nd
2011: June 5th - June 10th
2012: June 10th - June 15th
2013: June 9th - June 14th
2014: June 1st - June 6th
2015: June 7th - June 12th

With the rise of iOS and Apple's withdrawal from Macworld Expo, WWDC has become a major event for Apple each year. This year, Apple is expected to feature Mac OS X Lion prominently.

Article Link: WWDC to Fall on June 5-9th, 2011?

Last edited by a moderator:

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Man, with all the Verizon iPhone talk and iPad 2 speculation, I'd almost forgotten about Lion. I'm excited to see what the final product looks like. And of course, what would WWDC be without a new iPhone. I can't see Apple not releasing some kind of updated version, even if it's no more than a new processor and RAM/capacity boost.

MacBOS

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
New York, New York
cant wait for it, although i am more interested in the macbook update unless they plan on doing it all at once since the the intel chips are late this year

zodqyv

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2010
cant wait for it, although i am more interested in the macbook update unless they plan on doing it all at once since the the intel chips are late this year

I am definitely not buying any new Macs before Lion. I can't imagine buying a new MacBook Pro or something in April or May, and then updating the OS, Parallels, doing software installs, etc.. a month or so later. It would just seem silly.

Wayfarer

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
If true, I'm relieved to hear Mac OS X will be feautured prominently. iOS devices are great but have stolen the spotlight far too long...

Note to Apple: Please give us Mac OS X 10.7 Lion early this summer. Kthx. :)

Popeye206

macrumors 68040
Sep 6, 2007
NE PA USA
ALthough I'm excited about new iOS devices and I'm sure there will be plenty of focus there, it will be great to see the developments of Lion too. Nice to see some spotlight on the Macs. Dying to see something game changing again on the OS or the Macs themselves.

Johnny Gilligan

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2011
Utica, NY
I'm sorry for not knowing this, but what exactly is WWDC?

I am cuckoo over my new MBPro and soon to arrive VZW iPhone, but Mac/Apple is very new to me.

Who goes to WWDC? Is it for everyone? Thanks!

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
First of all, duh. Anyone could look at the calendar and say it's probably the 5-9th.

Secondly, there isn't much to talk about with Lion. There will be a second preview of the same few features we've seen, followed by an August release date. This will take 15 minutes.

After that, iPhone 5 to steal the show and release date for iOS 5.

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2010
here and there but not over there
I'm sorry for not knowing this, but what exactly is WWDC?

I am cuckoo over my new MBPro and soon to arrive VZW iPhone, but Mac/Apple is very new to me.

Who goes to WWDC? Is it for everyone? Thanks!

It's the Word Wide Developer Conference (Apple centric) .... here the link to last years event:
http://developer.apple.com/wwdc/

And yes, it is open for everyone who pays :)

mrblack927

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2008
I predict that the iPhone 5 will be the spot light, and OS X Lion being the "One more thing..."

Just a guess.

You have to remember WWDC is the worldwide developers conference, not "show off the new iPhone meet and greet day". It's mostly for programmers. In the past, it's been iPhone-centric, but only because the new iOS always has new developer tools and OSX hasn't seen much change lately. This year things are different. OS 10.7 will have tons of new developer tools (far more than iOS 5) so they will likely focus on that, leaving the iPhone stuff to take a back seat.

Also, since the two are "becoming one" it shouldn't be hard to talk about both of them simultaneously. I'm just saying don't be surprised when it's not the "iPhone event" that everyone is used to.

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
I don't really have much to comment on. Just glad to see a non "phone company related" news story.

NoExpectations

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2008
LION needs better Multi Monitor Support

I hope that LION supports multiple monitors in a much better way. I hate the current design where you can have one app open in secondary monitor but the Menu Bar is located on the primary monitor. LION should move the MENU BAR with the APP...or do what Windows does; each App has their own MENU BAR.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.