Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pro-pacCase

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2012
New York
A question for those of you with the xtrucase. Are your cases completely tight or is there some play with the phone in between? I have both anti glare front and back and I find that you can move the slightly back and forth between the case. It's not a huge problem, but I wish it were completely tight. If I have some skin on the back I'm sure the problem would be fixed but I love the anti-glare feel and look.

The quality of the case isn't quite as top notch as I expected, there is a small line scratch underneath the xtrucase logo and the rubber logo easily popped out when I was simply examining the case. That said I still love it and it's still a great case. (I did have extremely high expectations to be fair). Most likely I won't be asking for an exchange since I had to pay 20 bucks for shipping and I doubt their going to pay that for me lol but do you think they could send me some more rubber guards to tighten the fit for free? was also wondering if I could get a different logo sticker I prefer that shiny sticker logo over the rubber one I think. I think all their old versions of the case had the sticker logo cover.

Still like I said I'm absolutely loving the case with no regrets. Definitely my favorite case ever and quite possible the last one I buy for a long time. I hope xtrucase can help me out a tiny bit here though since I paid premium for it!

Hi guccigucci88

my case is tight! like really fitted, no space moving around whatsoever. With that said i'm loving my case as well. I think i've had this over month now & it's great.

There are some of you that had reception issues here are some pics showing my with xtrucase on & off. Then again I have good reception here so I guess it varies depending on your location.

Attachments

• P1030633.JPG
    P1030633.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 69
  • P1030634.JPG
    P1030634.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 66
  • P1030635.JPG
    P1030635.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 57
  • P1030636.JPG
    P1030636.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Xtrucase

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2011
Hi guccigucci88

my case is tight! like really fitted, no space moving around whatsoever. With that said i'm loving my case as well. I think i've had this over month now & it's great.

There are some of you that had reception issues here are some pics showing my with xtrucase on & off. Then again I have good reception here so I guess it varies depending on your location.

AND VERIZON TOO!!!

PRo-Pac - where do you live? maybe this will help others too!

Thanks and Great Pics!

CamilleDG

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2012
My iPhone 4S has a dent on the top rim of the front plate. (See attached photo.) Does anyone know if this bumper would cover it?

5tyt4x.png

Last edited:

Xtrucase

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2011
Xtrucase

My iPhone 4S has a dent on the top rim of the front plate. (See attached photo.) Does anyone know if this bumper would cover it?

Hello CamilleDG

It'll cover that right up!

Our design is a "Table Top" Design... meaning you can lay the phone/case on the table, screen side down, and the touch display will not make contact.

There is a small beveled lip that will cover that small ding pretty well.

Hope this helps!

Six8

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2012
Earth
Just wanted to say that sadly I had to return mine but xtrucase is awesome to deal with. They gave me a full refund! I love the case and wished it would've worked for me. Thanks xtrucase!!

-y0-

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2011
Just received mine today and I'll have to return it as well unfortunately. My reception took a bigger hit than I'd hoped. Hope it'll be a smooth process for me as well.

allapon

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Just wanted to say that sadly I had to return mine but xtrucase is awesome to deal with. They gave me a full refund! I love the case and wished it would've worked for me. Thanks xtrucase!!

Just received mine today and I'll have to return it as well unfortunately. My reception took a bigger hit than I'd hoped. Hope it'll be a smooth process for me as well.

Feel sorry about that, I plan to keep it to use along with Vapor White Edition. However, Still wait for inside lining to come!!

Six8

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2012
Earth
Sales@ is who I went thru. Took a couple days but they refunded me yesterday. Have you tried the e13ctron? It doesn't degrade my signal as bad as the others.

-y0-

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2011
Sales@ is who I went thru. Took a couple days but they refunded me yesterday. Have you tried the e13ctron? It doesn't degrade my signal as bad as the others.

Yea I have, both the hybrid and aluminum versions. Both rendered my phone useless at school and work. This is due to the fact I only get 2 bars at those 2 places with no case on.

Thanks for the correct email.

-y0-

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2011
Did it take a few days for the sales department to get back to you for the RMA number?

Six8

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2012
Earth
Did it take a few days for the sales department to get back to you for the RMA number?

I believe it was about a day and a half. We exchanged a few emails prior to that seeing if we could come to a resolution, ie exchange. I was refunded a day after they received the case back. All in all it was a great customer experience. Don't worry, I'm sure they will take care of you.

Xtrucase

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2011
International shipping

Hello All,

Some have been sending private inquiries in regards to International Shipping. I hope the below verbiage will answer your questions.

"We have recently updated our website so that we can now cater to countries outside of USA. There are restrictions where trade is not allowed with certain countries, so please understand that we can NOT ship anything those regions."

I hope this answers some inquires in regards to this topic, but more importantly, please continue to share your thoughts on XTRUCASE.

XTRUCASE

----------

yo,

pm'd you

xtrucase

guccigucci88

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
FMJ Backplates for the OS and DUO - :p

Wonder how this compares to others?

XTRUCASE BACK PLATES

When will they be available? If you are looking for beta testers please let me know I would be more than happy to be a guinea pig and do a review :)

Also do you think the bit of movement my phone as in my case could possibly be fixed by this backpiece? I love the case so much but the wiggle bothers me unfortunately...

Last edited:

allapon

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Wait for 2 weeks, Inner Liner never arrive. :( Contact Sales@xtrucase again, they assign to send it out for 2nd time without tracking number like last time... :(

-y0-

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2011
Hello All,

Some have been sending private inquiries in regards to International Shipping. I hope the below verbiage will answer your questions.

"We have recently updated our website so that we can now cater to countries outside of USA. There are restrictions where trade is not allowed with certain countries, so please understand that we can NOT ship anything those regions."

I hope this answers some inquires in regards to this topic, but more importantly, please continue to share your thoughts on XTRUCASE.

XTRUCASE

----------

yo,

pm'd you

xtrucase

I hope the sales department get back to me with a RMA number soon so I can send the case back for a refund. Do they usually take 4+ days to get the process going?

Xtrucase

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2011
This is nice, finally a full cover back piece. Is this also made out of aluminum? :)

And also this is compatible with the existing DUO cases?

Hi Gabe223

Great question!

Yes the pieces are made of the exact material and compatible with Original Slider and DUO Series cases!

----------

I hope the sales department get back to me with a RMA number soon so I can send the case back for a refund. Do they usually take 4+ days to get the process going?

Hello y0

I already sent Sales the relevant information you provided to locate your order. I'm sure the request is finished by now.

Sorry that it did take longer than usual. Since you can't provide us with an Order # for reference we had to use other means to locate and verify your order.

however for future communications in regards to this topic or Customer Service issues, please PM me instead as this thread is used to discuss XTRUCASE products, and do not want to be in violation of MacRumor's Forum Rules and Regs. Just want to be fair to the community :)

I promise that I will do everything I can to help you!

Thanks,

XTRUCASE

SassyGirlTN

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2012
TN
Emailed Xtrucase regarding the loss of signal and wrong protective films last night. Still no answer...

:(

Ok...I still haven't received a response, from 2 weeks ago.

I lost one call 4 times just the other day. I love the case but that just won't work. I did get the cheaper one and wonder if the other would do better, but at this point, I doubt I'll exchange.

Last edited:

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2005
CA
Xtrucase, will you guys consider making a non aluminum case for the iphone 4?

Us iphone 4 users have a big signal drop with aluminum bumpers, but a polycarbonate bumper would be great!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.