Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rjbeh

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2011
Malaysia
Where is the product made?

I think Elementcase outsources... this is from a pretty reliable source, but I haven't seen anything to confirm until recently with the loads QC problem pics, it's lead me to start believing they changed their strategy in some way, but just like you mention maybe a different staff/operator?

well its stated in their website its made in the USA... my vapor pro royal purple now the colors are starting to wear out... what a disappointment! I paid $140 for a case and the colors are wearing off... i'd rather go get the knockoff =.=

Xtrucase

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2011
Where is the product made?

I think Elementcase outsources... this is from a pretty reliable source, but I haven't seen anything to confirm until recently with the loads QC problem pics, it's lead me to start believing they changed their strategy in some way, but just like you mention maybe a different staff/operator?

well its stated in their website its made in the USA... my vapor pro royal purple now the colors are starting to wear out... what a disappointment! I paid $140 for a case and the colors are wearing off... i'd rather go get the knockoff =.=

Hi rjbeh,

yes it does state that, but again, my info is from a very reliable source.

Weird though, I thought EC uses some kind of finish on their cases.

Similiar to our DUO - Pearl White (Ultra Hard UV Coating)

----------

Must have more details, this looks awesome :x

Thanks Munk! ;)

will post the info once it's official - I figure you guys on MR would like to see what's in store for XTRUCASE

It's a full back plate that will slide on, taking place of the "Slider Frame" offering full metal jacket protection for the back.

I'll release the specs once we have it...

FYI - we have other attachments brewing!

rjbeh

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2011
Malaysia
Hi rjbeh,

yes it does state that, but again, my info is from a very reliable source.

Weird though, I thought EC uses some kind of finish on their cases.

Similiar to our DUO - Pearl White (Ultra Hard UV Coating)

----------

Thanks Munk! ;)

will post the info once it's official - I figure you guys on MR would like to see what's in store for XTRUCASE

It's a full back plate that will slide on, taking place of the "Slider Frame" offering full metal jacket protection for the back.

I'll release the specs once we have it...

FYI - we have other attachments brewing!

i've already emailed them and asked for answers... lets see what they will answer :D

Munkypoo7

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2011
Hanover, MD
i've already emailed them and asked for answers... lets see what they will answer :D

Um... why exactly would you email XTRUCASE if we have an XTRUCASE rep here on the forums.. that if anything most likely gives us more information than he / she should? :confused:

Tsunobi

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2010
I'm really impressed with this case so far. Compared to the Blade case I had, which gave me no signal at all, the Duo case gives me a solid 3 bars. I normally get 4 bars around my area. I got a LuckyLabs skin, SGP Glast and the PhantomSkinz matte back on my iPhone. Works great!

guccigucci88

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
I'm really impressed with this case so far. Compared to the Blade case I had, which gave me no signal at all, the Duo case gives me a solid 3 bars. I normally get 4 bars around my area. I got a LuckyLabs skin, SGP Glast and the PhantomSkinz matte back on my iPhone. Works great!

Nice u shud post some pics! How u like the sgp glast? Thats a cool combo with the xtrucase.

Tsunobi

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2010
Nice u shud post some pics! How u like the sgp glast? Thats a cool combo with the xtrucase.

I like the glast. I have tiny edges that doesn't adhere completely but it's hardly noticeable. Here are some pics of the matte graphite.

dsc02484kn.jpg

dsc02485gt.jpg

dsc02487z.jpg

dsc02488iu.jpg

Last edited:

Xtrucase

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2011
I like the glast. I have tiny edges that doesn't adhere completely but it's hardly noticeable. Here are some pics of the matte graphite.

Nice TSUNOBI! ;)

Just got my wraps in the other day too and picked up a XTRU-PW-DUO because my Matte Graph is a bit beat up. :eek:

Here's a pic of mine in XTRUCASE Matte Graph DUO- Lucky Labs Spectra Wrap (Blue) :D

XTRUCASE Matte Graph - Lucky Blue Wrap - Charwood Apple Logo.JPG

Here's how it looks like on the XTRUCASE Pearl White DUO - notice the blue through the translucent tag. Shows up much better in person, and just like everyone says, the camera can't do this paint justice. :(

XTRUCASE Pearl White -Lucky Spectra Wrap - Translucent Tag.JPG

Now if I can only get this piece to match... but what color? :confused:

photo (1).JPG

allapon

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Nice TSUNOBI! ;)

Just got my wraps in the other day too and picked up a XTRU-PW-DUO because my Matte Graph is a bit beat up. :eek:

Here's a pic of mine in XTRUCASE Matte Graph DUO- Lucky Labs Spectra Wrap (Blue) :D

View attachment 333143

Here's how it looks like on the XTRUCASE Pearl White DUO - notice the blue through the translucent tag. Shows up much better in person, and just like everyone says, the camera can't do this paint justice. :(

View attachment 333144

Now if I can only get this piece to match... but what color? :confused:

View attachment 333145

Still wait for Pad replacement, almost 2 weeks from the day that sales@xtrucase.com send them out!!

guccigucci88

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
Still wait for Pad replacement, almost 2 weeks from the day that sales@xtrucase.com send them out!!

Pad replacement? Are you talking about the inside lining? I'm also waiting for inside lining replacement because there's a bit of room for my phone to move around in and also one corners completely worn out.

Xtrucase

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2011
Pad replacement? Are you talking about the inside lining? I'm also waiting for inside lining replacement because there's a bit of room for my phone to move around in and also one corners completely worn out.

Hi Allapon and Gucci

I'll need to inquire in the morning. Wait for my PM

Thanks! :)

guccigucci88

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
Hi Allapon and Gucci

I'll need to inquire in the morning. Wait for my PM

Thanks! :)

Okay. Just a heads up incase the developer doesn't already know, but if the keyhole camera hole isn't lined with black then there might be flash issues with the pictures. A way to fix this is just to make the hole bigger. Personally I prefer a small keyhole opening that is lined with black for better protection. Just lookin out!

I'm talking about the backpiece btw.

-y0-

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2011
Just ordered the stealth black duo slider, let's see if it'll work out.

Xtrucase

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2011
Okay. Just a heads up incase the developer doesn't already know, but if the keyhole camera hole isn't lined with black then there might be flash issues with the pictures. A way to fix this is just to make the hole bigger. Personally I prefer a small keyhole opening that is lined with black for better protection. Just lookin out!

I'm talking about the backpiece btw.

Hi Gucci,

It's yet another reason why XTRUCASE chose CNC and SAGA Metal as its choice fabrication process. The XTReme tight tolerances and concept design allows our metal back plate to gets really really... did I mention really? .. close to the camera and the back panel of the iPhone without making any unnecessary contact. We then beveled edge along the perimeter of the cutouts (Camera, Logo, and Antenna) to negate the washout effect and add to the seamless lines.

Already beta tested and working properly in all modes and general conditions.

Any combination of iPhone 4 or iPhone 4s w/ any XTRUCASE series cases are compatible with our upcoming line of accessories.

Thanks!

XTRUCASE

----------

TSUNOBI,

Is that glow in the dark wrap? If so, can you post up an action pic?

many thanks

allapon

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand

Yes, Mine is just too tight, inside lining is kind of smash. I sent e-mail to ask about that 2 weeks ago. They said that it ship it out by last monday without any tracking option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.