Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tellis100

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2012
Got the new Yoobao Executive case for the New iPad. Overall fit and finish is very nice, no strong strange smell like the old first gen Yoobao. This one actually smells like real leather. Yes wake/sleep function works.

oLKCC.jpg
FKG9f.jpg

y1m7z.jpg
tRJue.jpg

kVk4W.jpg
MHLfB.jpg

XZjjC.jpg
3ftfg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

NameUndecided

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
I'm looking out for a yellow one (per my currently running "looking for a yellow smart cover" thread). Could you say where you bought/ordered yours from?

edit: Oh, I just noticed the sticker on the box. ;)

TOYOTATruck07

macrumors member
May 7, 2009
Is the leather soft/supple like then yoobao for iPad 2? I ordered one from that seller a couple weeks ago, before he supposedly sold out. The leather is hard and feels like synthetic. It's way too tight, so tight the flap won't even flip around to the back side. If you feel like the leather is the same quality as the 3rd revision yoobao for the iPad 2 I might reorder, these yoobao's are my absolute favorite cases, just not impressed with the previous model kev sent me.
Thanks

neweipadfan

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2012
Is the leather soft/supple like then yoobao for iPad 2? I ordered one from that seller a couple weeks ago, before he supposedly sold out. The leather is hard and feels like synthetic. It's way too tight, so tight the flap won't even flip around to the back side. If you feel like the leather is the same quality as the 3rd revision yoobao for the iPad 2 I might reorder, these yoobao's are my absolute favorite cases, just not impressed with the previous model kev sent me.
Thanks

since when has bi cast leather been soft and supple? and yoobao has use the same type of material since the first ipad2 case your looking at a $30 cases and want soft an supple get a vaja the Yoobao is animal skin fused to a man made backing how supple can that get? does your case not function? eg sleep wake and magnetic closure?

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California
I'm looking out for a yellow one (per my currently running "looking for a yellow smart cover" thread). Could you say where you bought/ordered yours from?

edit: Oh, I just noticed the sticker on the box. ;)

Yellow Yoobao - they never had this color before:

I'm trying to make up my mind between the Coffee and the Rose. I really love these cases, had a red one for my iPad 2.

Attachments

• 354748688.792672.jpg
    354748688.792672.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 3,985

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California
Got the new Yoobao Executive case for the New iPad. Overall fit and finish is very nice, no strong strange smell like the old first gen Yoobao. This one actually smells like real leather. Yes wake/sleep function works.

Can you fold the front cover back, so that it lies flat against the back of the Ipad? I can do this with my old case, and really want this option in the new one - for when I am reading books.

Macintosh69

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2008
I bought the yoobao in red and I absolutely love it! The leather is soft but it sets very firmly on my lap when I'm on my iPad and watching tv at the same time. The sleep/wake function works and I like how it doesnt completley cover my beautiful white bezel. And yes, you can fold the front cover back flat. It's really a nice case for the money. I'm going to get the orange and the yellow ones next!

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California
I bought the yoobao in red and I absolutely love it! The leather is soft but it sets very firmly on my lap when I'm on my iPad and watching tv at the same time. The sleep/wake function works and I like how it doesnt completley cover my beautiful white bezel. And yes, you can fold the front cover back flat. It's really a nice case for the money. I'm going to get the orange and the yellow ones next!

So pleased you like the red! I really think this case is outstanding quality for the money. I've had one since my original iPad 1; they last incredibly well.

tellis100

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2012
Thanks

The interior is soft and doubt it will scratch, the fit is perfect, not too tight.

----------

Can you fold the front cover back, so that it lies flat against the back of the Ipad? I can do this with my old case, and really want this option in the new one - for when I am reading books.

Yes the cover folds around back and sits flat

Bitgod

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2003
I love my Yoobao case for my iPad 1, I'm gonna kick myself if I wasted time/money trying other cases.

The one thing I want to know, does the top cover stick at all to the case. I don't need it to stick if I'm shaking it upside down, but I'd at least like the top to stay down somewhat, which my current case doesn't do.

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California
Thanks, that pretty much did. I should have just gotten one of these and skipped the others I tried. :)

Now I just have to decide if I want to wait for coffee or go with good ol' black again.
I've had black (iPad 1) and red (iPad 2), now I need some Coffee; looks like a gorgeous color.:p

neweipadfan

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2012
Thanks, that pretty much did. I should have just gotten one of these and skipped the others I tried. :)

Now I just have to decide if I want to wait for coffee or go with good ol' black again.

Well if it helps any I recieved an email from kev today stating that the coffee case I pre ordered will be delayed another week because Yoobao is running behind on production and will not start the production of the Coffee color till Monday so they wont be shipping till around the 9th or 10th so I would imagine other sellers have the same issue and he is usually the first in the US with their products

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
I love me my yoobaos, I had all 3 colors of the exec case. for this kind of folio case, it can't be beat imo. but I have moved away from cases that cover the glass bezel. Dirt and debris gets trapped and ground in, Yes I took my cases off periodically to clean. Not worth the scratched glass I got on my iPad2.
yoobao makes non bezel coverage cases too.
If you don't mind that, the yoobaos are slim, attractive and functional otherwise. maybe someone on Amazon will drop the price to $15 like last year and you can get various colors like I did.

Lauren, I don't mean to call you out but I thought you had said your yoobao had frayed or worn too fast last year. I was surprised, mine held together well, and I used the black and then the red one daily.

neweipadfan

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2012
I love me my yoobaos, I had all 3 colors of the exec case. for this kind of folio case, it can't be beat imo. but I have moved away from cases that cover the glass bezel. Dirt and debris gets trapped and ground in, Yes I took my cases off periodically to clean. Not worth the scratched glass I got on my iPad2.
If you don't mind that, the yoobaos are slim, attractive and functional otherwise. maybe someone on Amazon will drop the price to $15 like last year and you can get various colors like I did.

Lauren, I don't mean to call you out but I thought you had said your yoobao had frayed or worn too fast last year. I was surprised, mine held together well, and I used the black and then the red one daily.

AYL is gone from Amazon so i dont think youll see the dirty practices of price play on amazon but with xengadget there now im sure you see something dirty still

----------

the new iSlim should be out in 2 weeks it has open bezel

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California

You're quite right. The Yoobao case I first received was from AYL on Amazon. It lasted a couple of months and started seperating on the edges. I then got one from "K", and still have it. I am using it on my new iPad still, and it looks great.
I really don't think the cases from AYL were the same as those from him.

hamsup1o

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2008
I can't tell from the pics but does the front bezel lie flat or are there slight gaps? TIA!

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010

Gig I'm worried about sand/dirt getting between the bezel and scratching as well, do you think that'd be the case with the Chinao Wheat? (since its a microfiber front face maybe not) How about the Vaja style it's open bezel any experience with that one?

nparmelee

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2008
Got my red one today, hubby's coffe one will be here next week. Good service and the new cases feel like better quality than the iPad 2 cases. We're happy!

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California
Got my red one today, hubby's coffe one will be here next week. Good service and the new cases feel like better quality than the iPad 2 cases. We're happy!
Is it possible for you to post pics of your case? I would love to see any differences from my red iPad 2 case. I'm really interested in the Coffee color too, so tell hubby we would love pics when his case arrives. It's a new color and I am sure others would be interested.:)

mr.thing

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2010
Can someone who owns the new Yoobao Exec case tell if the screen cover is held by magnets when it's closed and how stron they are?

I tried a few cases already ( STM Skinny, Maroo, Apple Smart Cover ) for new iPad but looks like it will switch to Yoobao as it s very similar to the Chinao case I had for my old iPad Gen 1 for more that a year.

neweipadfan

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2012
Can someone who owns the new Yoobao Exec case tell if the screen cover is held by magnets when it's closed and how stron they are?

I tried a few cases already ( STM Skinny, Maroo, Apple Smart Cover ) for new iPad but looks like it will switch to Yoobao as it s very similar to the Chinao case I had for my old iPad Gen 1 for more that a year.

It holds good enough, but if you shake it, no it will open, but no issues just carrying it around or sideways. It seems to get better the more it's used.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.