Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today made the visionOS App Store available on the web, giving Vision Pro users and prospective owners a way to see what apps are available for the device.

Vision-Pro-Apps-Feature.jpg

As noted by 9to5Mac, Vision Pro apps can be viewed by going to the App Store for Apple Vision Pro web page. Apple has dedicated sections for apps and games, along with a separate tab for Apple Arcade games that can be used on Vision Pro.

Apps are organized into the same categories that are available on the Vision Pro, such as What's New, Hot This Week, iPhone and iPad Games for Vision Pro, and Don't Miss. Apps can also be viewed by type, with Apple organizing them into options like Weather, Utility, Entertainment, Sports, Productivity, and more.

The option to view available Vision Pro apps gives those without the headset a central location to check out the available software before deciding whether to make a purchase. Vision Pro apps have been listed individually on the App Store website since launch, but until now, there was no way to get an overview of all available content except on the Vision Pro itself.

Article Link: You Can Now Browse Vision Pro Apps on the Web

BGPL

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2016
California
This will help a lot - to keep an eye on the current/new apps... that was the major reason I returned mine. (lackluster apps which was kind of unknown until you bought one).

Reactions: fatTribble

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Because finding apps on AVP is difficult? Or is it simply because the AVP lacks so many apps? Compare this to a Mac or an iPhone…just imagine if a webpage was the most helpful way in finding apps for those devices…
What are you on about? It gives those of us who are interested in the VPro a way to see what apps are there.
If you don’t want a VPro, easy choice for you

surferfb

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2007
Washington DC
Be happy you returned your AVP when you are saying a webpage will help a lot when discovering apps. Compare that to an iPhone or iPad 🤣🤣🤣

Because finding apps on AVP is difficult? Or is it simply because the AVP lacks so many apps? Compare this to a Mac or an iPhone…just imagine if a webpage was the most helpful way in finding apps for those devices…

Tell me you didn’t use the iPhone in the early days without telling me you didn’t use the iPhone in the early days.

zachz

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2012
The AVP has been available for purchase. What IS stopping you?
I live in Canada and would rather wait for it to be available locally haha

Although I did preorder the very first AW and got it on launch day but returned it as it was not much use at the time. I didn’t really get back into the AW until series 4.

For AVP, I’ll likely just demo it when I’m in the US next month and then wait a few years before purchasing one. The AW price is fine for something that might only be used occasionally or for 1/4 of the functions it offers. AVP as it stands is far too expensive (for me) to justify the cost

Macaholic868

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2017
This is actually some good news! I’m very curious what new apps become available.

The big issue I’ve found is that I’ve got a lot of iPad compatible apps on my AVP that are available for install on the App Store if you search for them by name and run just fine but don’t show up at all in the website (that I’ve seen so far) and aren’t featured in the App Store so to find them you have to know their names and search for them directly in the App Store on the device.

Apple needs to address app discovery for AVP owners and potential owners ASAP. This is a nice start for those without the device but you should, at a minimum, be able to search by name like you can in the App Store itself so you can really research what’s available and what isn’t. This website gives you an incomplete picture. If all I saw were the apps shown in the website I would’ve returned the device. Having a list this incomplete might hurt sales more than help them at this point unless I’m missing something and there is a way to search through all apps and not just browse by the categories they are showing.

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
Tell me you didn’t use the iPhone in the early days without telling me you didn’t use the iPhone in the early days.

I was going to say this exact same thing. If y’all recall, ALL iPhone apps were Web apps initially and Apple did in fact have a Web page to browse them. Even once the App Store launched Apple continued to maintain a Web interface to it.

Last edited:

Surf Monkey

macrumors 603
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
Are you talking out of that drawer typing on your iPad?

Well, I think general customer satisfaction around iPad has proven to be pretty high, even in light of all the bashing the line receives here. Personally, I love my iPad Pro 12.9 and can’t wait to upgrade it to the pending OLED version.

Vision? Different story. The buzz around it seems to have died down after about a week and now it’s not exactly on the mainstream radar anymore. It remains to be seen what the future holds for the device but it isn’t off to a very auspicious start.

flexwithmarius

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2022
The fact that you need a webpage to help you determine what apps to download speaks volumes about the true lack of apps available for AVP. 🤦‍♂️
We’re still at the point where unique use cases are being discovered. This is the iPhone all over again. Except this time, people’s attention spans and level of patience are at an all time low. The product will mature faster than most people expect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.