"You don't have a Grocery List"

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by achappy, Aug 14, 2018.

1. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68020

Yeah I was going to say. Never thought of that. I need to start doing that. Perhaps instead of complaining all the time in these threads. We need to pin some threads where ppl find useful stuff to do on the watch. So some of us who could get some ideas of what to do with it.

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

It is a good work around for now, hopefully Siri will get fixed soon.

3. TRICKorDEVICE macrumors 6502a

I think it’s more to do with the server side.

Don’t give up. Have you added an item. To the phone to kick start it? Used Siri on the phone? Opened up both reminder apps?

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Added an item, deleted and readded “Grocery List”.

Been using Siri on my iPhone via holding down the side button on phone.

I am sure it was working perfectly after the last update and only quit working recently so I am also thinking it is a server th8ng.

What two reminder apps?

5. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

It has not worked for several weeks for people on the beta. So it is more than just 'hitting' the right server or rebooting.

6. TRICKorDEVICE macrumors 6502a

Ah, I must’ve missed the part that this had to do with the beta. Obviously it’s a beta so hopefully that will be fixed before the gold master.

The two reminder apps I was referring to are the reminder app on the iPhone and the reminder app on the watch.

7. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

It started as a beta problem about 3 seeds ago. However it looks like people who don't have the beta just starting experiencing it. [Theory]Apple tried to fix the beta problem on the latest seed release but instead 'broke' it for everyone.[/Theory].

8. gsucyclist macrumors regular

gsucyclist

It appears that this randomly started working again today. At least for me. I just tried it and I’m on the latest public beta

9. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Works fine on my X and 10.5. Just not the watch.

10. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

Can confirm that it works on my X but not on my watch.

Another thing that frustrates me sometimes about Reminders & Siri is you just can’t add multiple items at once, like “add soap and toothpaste to my shopping list” to have ‘soap’ and ‘toothpaste’ appear as seperately items.

11. daijholt macrumors 65816

daijholt

Same issue here. Trying to add to my To Do list from the watch tells me I don’t have one, yet the phone, HomePod and Mac manage it perfectly fine.

12. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Where is this "improved Siri" we were promised? The competition is so far ahead of Siri that I am afraid she has broken her leg!

13. flashflooder macrumors 6502

This happens on my watch, periodically. I've noticed that when it does this, it also get "dumber" about playing certain music files (it will usually recognize the name of a band if it's a common noun, but doesn't when it's in this mode).

I'm assuming it's a server thing.

14. TRICKorDEVICE macrumors 6502a

All of you beta testers, please continue to file the bug reports on this.

Here's hoping the final version of WatchOS 5 fixes this.

15. HeathH macrumors regular

It was working for awhile, but not now. I'm betting it gets worked out soon. Going to be a lot of changes since iOS 12 and Watch OS 5 are out in a couple weeks.

16. aloper macrumors regular

Same thing for me...worked fine until about a week ago. Now when I ask Siri on my watch to add something to my grocery list...”You don’t have a grocery list...continue on iPhone...”
    What is funny...if I continue on my iPhone at that point, Siri on my phone will respond on my phone to tell me it added what I asked...Even better, if I ask my watch to show my grocery list, bam it opens on my watch...Then if I ask again on my watch, to add something to my grocery list..”You don’t have a grocery list...continue on iPhone...” lol

17. paulmeyers42 macrumors member

I have the same problem again, just started a few weeks ago. I've had this happen a couple times in the past, and it always went away on its own.

I'm not on the beta, just regular watchOS 4 on a Series 3.

Some people on the Apple discussion forum think it might have to do with using theater mode.

I tried a few things this weekend to no avail:
    • General > Reset Sync Data
    • Unpair and restore from backup
    • Unpair and set up as a new watch
    • Set up my old watch again (Series 0)
    • Deleted completed reminders
    • Created new Reminders lists (both local and shared)
    There's a workaround on the Apple discussion forum. If you want to add milk to your shopping list, you would say "Add milk to my list" and then Siri asks you which list to add it to. You can select the shopping at list at that point. Not perfect, but at least you can use just your watch.

I suspect it's a server issue, since it randomly goes away and doesn't work on my other watch either.

18. Allana macrumors newbie

Allana

Works on my x but not on my Apple Watch series 3 .. I’m not in beta

19. gsucyclist macrumors regular

gsucyclist

It seems to be random. Mine stopped working a couple of weeks ago and didn't work for about a week and then randomly started working again. I didn't change anything

20. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Mine stopped working weeks ago on the watch, my X does it fine.

Not on Beta.

21. silvetti macrumors 6502a

silvetti

I have opened a case with Apple Support about this. Escalated to Engineering. I suggest you do the same to make somre pressure on them :)

22. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Done!

23. paulmeyers42 macrumors member

And just like that, it’s fixed. No rhyme or reason, it just started working again this morning.

24. TRICKorDEVICE macrumors 6502a

Mine is still not working…server issue. Possibly related to a September event?

25. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

Mine stared working for a day or so a couple of weeks ago and then quit again. Now today it is working again but I don't put much faith in in lasting.