Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Chevy 1980 Malibu Classic. It was my first car ever, same color as in photo. It was stolen :mad:. I would like to get my hands on one again. I want to modernize the interior, and keep the external/body as clean as the one in the photo.

DSC03181.jpg

4 door Jeep Wrangler Rubicon in Dune color. Just might be my next ride.

attachment.php

My dream Bikes would be ......

Honda CBR 1000RR

CBR1000RR-STD-2014.jpg

Although I'm not really a Harley fan, I love the look of the Night Rod. I want one with the same color.

t8uoud.jpg

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Dear Santa...

They don't make it anymore.

That being said, with RR's poor resale value, you could pick one up for dirt cheap soon :D

But she could have the new and improved version (would be my dream people carrier as well--need something with 3 rows to tote around the better half and 3 youngsters ;))

Until then, have to make due with my current people mover--Mazda CX-9.

Otherwise, my dream care tastes don't get too exotic--would love a Nissan GT-R or a 911 Turbo. Always liked the Audi RS6 Avant and have a soft spot for a BMW M5.

I really want an Audi R8 V10 or 911 Turbo S.

I'm close though. Just another step up from my Audi S7 :D

AutoUnion39--love the style of the A7 as well, would certainly not turn my nose up at an S7. How do you like it?

Attachments

• 2014-range-rover-sport-price.jpg
    2014-range-rover-sport-price.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 274

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
Currently have a 2005 Mazda 3. I absolutely love it! My dream car is a first generation Mazdaspeed 3 in CWP.

078.jpg

tktaylor1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2010
Nashville, TN
Overall, this is my favorite. My dad is huge into muscle cars so I have been around them my entire life. He actually owns a 1968 Firebird very similar to this one. It is in the paint shop right now because they guy who came to put in the windshield chipped the paint pretty bad. Luckily the company gave my dad a pretty much blank check to have the whole car repainted. I forgot the name of the company. If anyone really wants to know, I will gladly ask him. But its a 1968 Firebird, except ours has a blower motor in it. So its a little meaner than this one. Considering it will be mine one day, I technically already own it - kinda.

1968_pontiac_firebird.jpg

As for something I will purchase. Probably this GMC Denali HD or Chevy Silverado 2500HD lifted and all that jazz. Just something to haul a boat and have a little fun in the mud. I really like this one. When will I be able to get something like this? I will gladly reward myself with something like this when I complete nursing school. 2 years to go.

2011-2012_chevy_2500_hd_12_inch_lift_kit_8501.jpg

I see a lot of German vehicles on here. I had an Audi A4 and don't get me wrong, it was a fantastic car. It was fast, it handled these nice, curvy, backwood Tennessee roads with ease (it had a suspension kit). It was all fine and dandy until something broke or went wrong. Some things I could do myself but those cars are nothing like an American truck that I am used to dealing with. I don't even know where to begin but any time I took it to the shop everything had to be custom ordered or something like that. IT was always several hundred dollars. Twice it was over 2k. To change the thermostat, I had to take the freaking timing belt off, which means disassembling the whole front of the car. I will never forget that debacle. I found a guy who could work on them and knew what he was doing for really cheap eventually. But I just couldn't keep up with the price tag of owning a car like that so I traded it with a guy for what I drive now, a 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. I love trucks. Im a truck guy. If I had to choose another car, it would be a Mustang GT.

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
But she could have the new and improved version (would be my dream people carrier as well--need something with 3 rows to tote around the better half and 3 youngsters ;))

:D The new one looks fantastic. I was interested in one as a replacement to my X5 and it was a serious letdown. Doesn't live up to its "Sport" name. Leaning towards a Cayenne instead. Superior car.

I wouldn't fault anyone for buying a RR though.

Otherwise, my dream care tastes don't get too exotic--would love a Nissan GT-R or a 911 Turbo. Always liked the Audi RS6 Avant and have a soft spot for a BMW M5.
I really want an RS6 also, even though I'm single. There is something epic about a 580hp station wagon.

AutoUnion39--love the style of the A7 as well, would certainly not turn my nose up at an S7. How do you like it?
Love it. I wasn't sold on the hatchback look at first, but it is such a head turner in Estoril Blue. Even in the middle of Boston, I've had people come up to me and ask me what it was. Not to mention, the beautiful interior and great V8.

http://cdn.performancedrive.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/2013-Audi-S7-Estoril-Blue.jpg

If I was buying again, I'd get the A7 3.0TDI though. Can't beat that style with 35+ mpg :D

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
:D The new one looks fantastic. I was interested in one as a replacement to my X5 and it was a serious letdown. Doesn't live up to its "Sport" name. Leaning towards a Cayenne instead. Superior car.

I wouldn't fault anyone for buying a RR though.

Sadly, the need for a usable third row (X5's optional third row isn't ;)) limits my vehicle choices, thus also eliminating the Cayenne. The big Merc is a bit too much 'soccer mom' though they have a nice TDI option as well. I'd actually love to get the upcoming Tesla X.

I really want an RS6 also, even though I'm single. There is something epic about a 580hp station wagon.

My sentiments exactly--nothing like a fairly unassuming station wagon that'll blow the doors off just about anything else on the road, save for super cars. :D

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Last time I thought about a sport car it would be a 911 Targa or TT.

If a classic car, probably a 69 Road Runner Hemi or a 68 Canary Yellow Camaro Convertible...

1969-Plymouth-Roadrunner.jpg

1968Cam502ConvYllw_dsfg.jpg

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I really don't know what my dream car is cuz I dont really like cars. I like apple a lot a lot. My current dream computer is mac pro 2013 fully upgraded with 3 4k displays.

Shift Option K

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2013
I only have one dream car:
Silver 2008? Mercedes SL55 AMG. Not any one, a specific one parked on the address 2101 Waverley St. Palo Alto since Oct. 5 2011. 

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
I see a lot of German vehicles on here. I had an Audi A4 and don't get me wrong, it was a fantastic car. It was fast, it handled these nice, curvy, backwood Tennessee roads with ease (it had a suspension kit). It was all fine and dandy until something broke or went wrong. Some things I could do myself but those cars are nothing like an American truck that I am used to dealing with. I don't even know where to begin but any time I took it to the shop everything had to be custom ordered or something like that. IT was always several hundred dollars. Twice it was over 2k. To change the thermostat, I had to take the freaking timing belt off, which means disassembling the whole front of the car. I will never forget that debacle. I found a guy who could work on them and knew what he was doing for really cheap eventually. But I just couldn't keep up with the price tag of owning a car like that so I traded it with a guy for what I drive now, a 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. I love trucks. Im a truck guy. If I had to choose another car, it would be a Mustang GT.

I drive a 06 Passat and I know exactly what you mean.

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
I have one dream car: the current Porsche Cayman S with the PDK transmission. Considered by many to be the "true" successor to the older 911 models--and I agree with that assessment, given that the current 911's driving experience is quite different than the older models.

MyMac1976

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2013
Overall, this is my favorite. My dad is huge into muscle cars so I have been around them my entire life. He actually owns a 1968 Firebird very similar to this one. It is in the paint shop right now because they guy who came to put in the windshield chipped the paint pretty bad. Luckily the company gave my dad a pretty much blank check to have the whole car repainted. I forgot the name of the company. If anyone really wants to know, I will gladly ask him. But its a 1968 Firebird, except ours has a blower motor in it. So its a little meaner than this one. Considering it will be mine one day, I technically already own it - kinda.

As for something I will purchase. Probably this GMC Denali HD or Chevy Silverado 2500HD lifted and all that jazz. Just something to haul a boat and have a little fun in the mud. I really like this one. When will I be able to get something like this? I will gladly reward myself with something like this when I complete nursing school. 2 years to go.

People are told that German cars are the be all end all that's why they want them.

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
Cadillac CTS/ATS is a beautiful car without the hassle of German price tag/repairs :)

Anyone who thinks that the Americans have good quality are gullible. Chrysler group (Jeep, Dodge, RAM, Chyrsler) is a train wreck for quality. Ford is below average too. GM is all over the place.

If you really want a bulletproof luxury car, you buy a Lexus.

Cadillac is a bottom dweller for quality. Near the bottom. The ATS is the most unreliable Cadillac there is.

Audi is 4th overall. Better than Honda, Ford, Hyundai, Subaru, etc.

In fact, all of the Euro Lux brands (BMW, Audi, MB, and Porsche) are above Cadillac.

CRbestworst2013_zps9a19c55b.jpg

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Anyone who thinks that the Americans have good quality are gullible. Chrysler group (Jeep, Dodge, RAM, Chyrsler) is a train wreck for quality. Ford is below average too. GM is all over the place.

Cadillac is a bottom dweller for quality. Near the bottom. The ATS is the most unreliable Cadillac there is.

In fact, all of the Euro Lux brands (BMW, Audi, MB, and Porsche) are above Cadillac.

I'm shocked by how strong Audi has performed this year. God knows they have needed it. Prior to this year, Audis were unreliable and expensive.

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
I'm shocked by how strong Audi has performed this year. God knows they have needed it. Prior to this year, Audis were unreliable and expensive.

I agree, however, experiences do vary. I'm on my 7th or 8th VAG product and they've all been solid, even the notoriously bad MK4s.

I've had good luck with BMW also.

Last edited:

thedeejay

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada.
Your Dream car.

What is that criteria based off of? It doesn't tell me much except for the rank. I agree Chrysler sucks. I personally had a problem with them once and will never buy one again. The chart posted doesn't say much To be honest. Here's a chart from consumer reports showing reliability of the cars in 2013.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
What is that criteria based off of? It doesn't tell me much except for the rank. I agree Chrysler sucks. I personally had a problem with them once and will never buy one again. The chart posted doesn't say much To be honest. Here's a chart from consumer reports showing reliability of the cars in 2013.

The chart I posted is right off the CR website, in the subscribers section. I have no idea where you're pulling your info from.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/10/28/consumer-reports-auto-reliability-japan/

^ this autoblog CR press release corroborates my chart.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
My current car is the new Fiesta ST:

Ford-Fiesta-ST-first-drive-road-test-review-UK-2013-itsgotwheels-image-2.jpg

But I have always been an Aston Martin man and I would get the V8 Vantage S if I won the lotto, I think they are going to make a convertible version so would maybe get that instead of the coupe just for the engine noise!:

overviewheader.jpg

I would have the Vantage as it's the smaller Aston but just as special, also it's pretty much the exact same performance as the V12 but with a bit better fuel economy haha. Yeah I should really hire one at some point, treat myself, or go on a super car driving day where i can drive one.

Last edited:

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Current: BMW 328XI

used-2007-bmw-3_series-335isedan-9222-11054311-3-400.jpg

Dream Car 1: 1990 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo

nissan_300zx_twin_turbo1990.jpg

Dream Car 2: 1971 Plymouth Barracuda

1971_plymouth_barracuda-pic-46745.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.