Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Good to hear that it will be released sometime. Till then accessing it through Safari should be ok.

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
Not true. It’s an-inelegant-all-in-one computing device that offers incredible content consumption.

Assuming you can find the content. I can consume 2d content all the day long on an iPad. The good stuff is immersive content such as Apple shows at the end of the demo. No one is cranking that out. YouTube is your best bet. Apple disables that ability for YouTube on safari.

wanha

macrumors 68000
Oct 30, 2020
Why does the headline say "YouTube claims an AVP app is on the roadmap"?

Is there a reason to doubt this, editors?

After all, it's an official company statement they provided to The Verge.

What gives, MR?

Reactions: gusmula

Jamacfer

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2015
京都市
Apple Vision Pro is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, and a very inelegant solution at that.
IMHO this is a short-sighted view (heard many times in the past even for the iPhone, remember Ballmer?). I do believe that in the next generations to come the AVP will be the new iPhone.

Reactions: mech986

attohs

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2017
California
100% disagreement. The smartphone solved a problem of converging a computer/web browser, phone, and camera, and it did so very elegantly. As soon as it came out, almost everyone that could afford it, got it.
The iPhone didn’t sell well. That’s why they had to cut the price by $200 about three months after launch. It nearly flopped.

Reactions: mrBeach

frisnit

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2011
Scotland
Their Apple TV app is consistently riddled with multiple obvious bugs that never get fixed, while the user experience gets worse as they “improve” things, so good luck with that!

Reactions: gusmula

dwaite

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2008
And folks in Apple circles (I was one of them) at the time were begging for Apple to get into the phone space.

There were iPod phone jokes and memes (not sure the term existed yet) nearly from the get go of that device...six years prior to the iPhone launch
I remember someone joking that the surest sign that Apple was working on a better cell phone was that Steve Jobs used a cellphone.

Mother Nature

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2023
Colombia
100% disagreement. The smartphone solved a problem of converging a computer/web browser, phone, and camera, and it did so very elegantly. As soon as it came out, almost everyone that could afford it, got it.
It did not, the first smartphones to be released and later upgrades were NOT that suitable for real and comfortable web browsing and smart usage of a phone, let alone, real functionality. Actually the iPhone release helped shape the way for real mobile computing especially when more complex apps were developed for Android, iOS, Windows Phone/Mobile and BB OS.

gund1234

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2022
Gotta say, I did the 30 minute demo at Apple today.

This is gonna be a big deal one day. Not at $3500 it won't be, but in some future mass-market $899 or $1499 option, absolutely.

People called me an idiot for buying massive amounts of Apple stock at $0.15 in 2001 when I was in high school. They're pretty quiet these days. Never bet against Apple to disrupt a market.
they probably packed lot of sensors in this, slowly they will start refining the design and come up with a cheaper version with less sensors.

Reactions: Blackstick

dasmb

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2007
To be fair, though, "that's on the roadmap" is how product managers say "f___ you."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.