Zagg Invisible Shield HD works great

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by RedlegsFan, Mar 30, 2012.

1. RedlegsFan macrumors 6502

I recently picked up the invisible shield HD and applied it to the screen of my new iPad. There're no bubbles after the installation and only one small speck of dust underneath the screen. I'm very impressed with the new invisible shield HD I recently had the regular invisible shield installed on an iPad 2 and this certainly does get rid of the orange peel and it does feel like a smooth glass surface. The HD protector feels much more sturdy whereas the the regular protector is a little more flimsy. Overall very happy with the invisible shield HD

FYI I did this post with the new dictation feature on the iPad 3 only had only a few small errors.

2. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Pics or it didn't happen...

Pics next week or it didn't last....

3. PittsDriver macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

I love the HD for my iPhone. Ordered it for the iPad 3, should have it next week hopefully.

4. flipninja macrumors member

Wow! great to hear! One question, did you pick it up at a store or did you order it? I've been looking for one in-stores but couldn't find one:(

5. Superman Y2K macrumors regular

Superman Y2K

I ordered mine online but saw a ton in Best Buy so they should have them.

6. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

I'm assuming the glare from fluorescent lights is terrible?

7. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

Heard the HD was pretty good from a few.

But I kinda dislike ZAGG, have it on my T989 right now. It changed colors to blue and is super oily.

8. Gary79 macrumors newbie

Gary79

I picked up a Zagg HD from Best Buy this afternoon, and since I have never owned a Zagg product, it seemed like a good call to pay BB to install it perfectly. The chick who convinced me to buy it claimed that she was a professional with applying them, and proceeded to install it.

After screwing up twice, she opened the third one, and started talking about how this never happens to her. In the middle of the installation, after removing the Zagg to scrape off a few hairs with her nails, she walks away with the wet shield in her hand and starts talking on the phone for a few minutes. I am no expert, but my limited experience with other screen protectors has taught me that the more the contact side is exposed, the greater the chance that debris will cling to it.

She proceeded to do the installation while talking on the phone, and at first it seemed to be successful. But upon closer examination, there are several hairs and a few obvious "tents" of dust particles in the center, which really draw my attention away. While still on the phone, she sensed my unhappiness, and claimed that any problems I was seeing will be gone in hours, and she walked away.

12 hours since, and nothing has changed in the slightest. I hate to be picky, but it looks like I'll be heading back there in a few days to get it taken care of. With the exception of the poor installation and service, I am very pleased with the clarity of the screen, as well as the touchability. There is little to no added friction, and swipes very smoothly. Hopefully the next time I can get someone that can do it correctly.

9. AGIPSY macrumors regular

how does the zagg hd handle fingerprints? Reduce them at all?

10. jdcell100 macrumors regular

Had best buy install my hd zagg on new iPad best 25 bucks I spent on the install came out perfect cant even tell there's a screen protected on it

11. bigdog5142 macrumors 6502a

bigdog5142

Couldn't agree more with the quality of the Zagg HD. Looks awesome and it does a GREAT job of protection. I got one at Best Buy for my iPhone 4s and it rocked. Decided in one for my iPad 3 and you can hardly tell its there.

I also can't agree more that taking it to Best Buy (no matter where you buy it...I got mine from Zagg & they installed it for $15) is WELL worth the money. Had some issues with my first install on my iPhone 4s a few days later and they simply installed a new one for me. I'm probably going to go and upgrade my 32 gb iPad to a 64. I'll do a warranty replacement of the Invisible Shield and they will probably install the replacement for free (usually within days).

All-in-all...I think the best screen protection out there. I had used Power Support Anti-Glare exclusively because of the "orange peel" effect of the old Invisible Shields. Now, absolutely NO orange peel on the HD and their warranty is second to none. I love the clarity. It doesn't keep fingerprints off like an anti-glare will, but it does TONS better than the screen itself.

I cannot stress enough...pay Best Buy to install your shield. It is all but impossible to install an iPad shield without dust getting under your install...& if you screw it up, you're out of luck. Zagg doesn't warranty bad installs. You may be able to get a new one, but it's a maybe. If BB screws up, they make it right.

12. Che Castro macrumors 603

I wish i had known about this new HD zagg

I went to bestbuy and bought the old zagg for the ipad 2

13. ICEMAN 316 macrumors member

Yup, i love the new HD version. Way better then the original one I have on my phone and my Moto Xoom.. This one looks and feels like glass!!:cool:

14. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

That is really good to hear about the HD after the orange peel of the yester years of Zagg I moved away from the brand. My "new" iPad is rocking a Spigen Crystal on the front and a Bodyguardz matte on the back. :cool:

15. AGIPSY macrumors regular

Sounds great - ordered it today. Has anyone experienced it yellowing over time? I know you can get a replacement, but just wondering.....

16. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

17. PittsDriver macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

Mine has been holding up for a week very nicely. My only gripe is that it appears to make glare worse. In certain light situations its really hard to see the display.

18. Krayzie116 macrumors 6502

you guys are lucky. I have these stupid vertical lines on my zagg shield :mad: i got them on my iphone 4 and i hated it i thought i try it one more time and for my iphone 4s and it didn't have those vertical lines. Now i have to drive an hour to the mall and see if they will replace my shield even when I got it online instead in stores.

anybody in the same boat as me order online and best buy install it will they replace it for free?

19. ICEMAN 316 macrumors member

Did you get the "smudge and finger-print free,matte" version? That's different than the HD version. I've seen the smudge and finger-print version and those have the vertical lines.

20. Krayzie116 macrumors 6502

I just got the The new Apple iPad (Full Body) one not the HD version.

So your saying I should have gotten the HD version?

21. ICEMAN 316 macrumors member

Yes, you should get the HD version it's completely different..

22. bigdog5142 macrumors 6502a

bigdog5142

Yes...the HD is amazingly different. No comparison at all.

If you buy & install at Best Buy, they will remove & put a new one on if you don't like it for up to 30 days. I'm pretty anal about my screen protectors, so they're doing a third on my iPhone tomorrow.

If you buy at Zagg & Best Buy installs, they'll reinstall a new one you get from Zagg. I decided to upgrade to a 64 GB iPad a couple days after I had my iPad installed, so when the new one comes, they'll install the new one. :)

23. ewo1992 macrumors regular

ewo1992

I don't like screen protectors.

24. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

I lol'd at everyone who decided to apply a wet install on the front screen. Huge mistake. Wet installs are best applied to the back of the iPad, dry installs go on the front. Invisible shield or any wet installs on the front has too much of a rubbery, sticky feel which takes away from the smoothness of the iPad. That feeling should go on the back so it's easier to grip the iPad and it won't slip out of your hand.

25. ICEMAN 316 macrumors member

Not true for the new invisible shield HD. It's still smooth as glass. No rubbery feel at all..