Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrRon

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2011
Miami, FL
Owner of a Smart Cover + Zum combo for 2+months now. I have to say that I really like what it offers, but do have a complaint.

I find that when utilizing the Smart Cover for video viewing (on an airplane for example), the iPad can easily be pushed over without much effort.

Does anyone else have this same issue?

:D:D SO funny.. I think thats basically the law of physics... it happens to all smart cover compatible back cases... except you want to install an "ANCHOR" at the bottom of the iPad to stabilize it :D:D:D

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
Still waiting to get a case/cover and keep coming back here.

From experience at work with their ipad2 the smart cover for that one doesn't seem too stable as it is when flipped and in the tall position. So, knowing the ZUM might be worse -or any back cover- something to try and remember.

Great reads through here though.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Still waiting to get a case/cover and keep coming back here.

From experience at work with their ipad2 the smart cover for that one doesn't seem too stable as it is when flipped and in the tall position. So, knowing the ZUM might be worse -or any back cover- something to try and remember.

Great reads through here though.

easy there on what you read here....mine in the tall position has made 12 long coast to coast flights in the last two months and never fallen over...not saying it does not happen to you, but it is not a design defect that is any worse than any other cover....many here read one post and think the sky is falling...

Last edited:

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
Ive seen it topple with just smart cover. Just saying I can understand some added weight making it worse but no big deal

docprego

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2007
Henderson, NV
Could owners of the black pearl and frost please post pictures of their case on a black iPad 2? I am trying to decide which color to order and can't get a good idea of what they look like.

Also is the black pearl a translucent frosted black? Photos I've seen show the Apple logo through the case but just want to confirm.

Thanks.

TXAGS

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2011
College Station, TX
Could owners of the black pearl and frost please post pictures of their case on a black iPad 2? I am trying to decide which color to order and can't get a good idea of what they look like.

Also is the black pearl a translucent frosted black? Photos I've seen show the Apple logo through the case but just want to confirm.

Thanks.

All the zum cases are translucent and you can see the entire iPad2 back.. you won't regret buddy ... !!

Attachments

• zum.png
    zum.png
    193.2 KB · Views: 218

PeturR

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2011
Lyon, France
Wow we are lucky... just got 2 zum cases for $19.99 each with free shipping.... :D
I paid $25 few weeks ago...hmmmmmm

Got mine today from Macway...thats exactly what I need.

I wish France has Black Friday also.. but Macway also has discounted a little bit at 23,16 € now... This is a good price for a good quality product like this in France... just order two for my friends .

KennySmith

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2011
Just got a iPad 16GB and a green smart cover.... what will be the best color to match the smart cover ... pls help!!

Emailed zum and they said they didn't have a matched green color back cover. They told me the #1 choice will be the frost color...

I am thinking either Frost or Black pearl .. which one you think is better...

thx!!

julian22

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2011
I just received my ZUM case in the White Frost color. I'm using it with a grey coloured Smart Cover and I can definitely say this was a worthwhile investment. The quality on the case is very good, and it works very well with the smart cover.

This is the perfect setup for someone who wants minimum bulk for the iPad 2.

Thanks!

MrRon

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2011
Miami, FL
Want to get two more zum cases for my friends... the sales is over!! back to $25 again :mad:

I just bought 2 cases in the weekend at 19.99...

I emailed them to see if they can do something...

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
Got an email from them... and I am happy now... :p

who'd you email?
I should have pulled the trigger on $19 but the CD i was also ordering to get free shipping (from Amazon) was back-ordered and so I hesitated until I found another CD to add...now Amazon has them for at least $25.

MrRon

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2011
Miami, FL
who'd you email?
I should have pulled the trigger on $19 but the CD i was also ordering to get free shipping (from Amazon) was back-ordered and so I hesitated until I found another CD to add...now Amazon has them for at least $25.

Not sure if they will do the same thing to you... I have ordered more than 20pcs from them in the last few months. Either for my friends and business.

They offered me a VIP account :)

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
Not sure if they will do the same thing to you... I have ordered more than 20pcs from them in the last few months. Either for my friends and business.

They offered me a VIP account :)

ahh, OK. I'll hold off for another price drop...gotta be another one right??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.