Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
they are awful. we started a lets go bruins chant on yawkey after the game last night. a couple girls tried to yell at us that it was the wrong sport, then we reminded them one team won their division and is hosting a playoff series starting tomorrow, and the other team is in last place in the league...

ill be back when the sox start to win some games.. until then, BRUINS CANADIENS :D

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Berry Bonds convicted on obstruction of justice, mistrial on 3 other counts.
SAN FRANCISCO -- The jury in the Barry Bonds case convicted the seven-time MVP of obstruction of justice, but the defense and prosecution agreed to a mistrial on the other three remaining counts.
The guilty verdict on obstruction of justice means the jury believed Bonds hindered a grand jury's 2003 sports doping investigation by lying.

The judge, after speaking to the jury foreman, said she believes the mistrial is the proper decision given that the jury believes it has reached a crossroads.
The eight women and four men returned the verdict after four days of deliberations. The jury worked behind closed doors since rehearing some testimony early Monday.

Bonds was charged with three counts of lying to a grand jury and one count of obstruction.
Prosecutors allege that Bonds lied when he denied knowingly taking steroids and human growth hormone. A third count of making a false statement charges that Bonds lied when he said no one other than his doctor ever injected him with anything.

Bonds' case is the culmination of a federal investigation that began in 2002 into the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative, which distributed performance-enhancing drugs to athletes.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6347014

The government spent all of this money to prove Bonds was juicing and all they could get was obstruction of justice? What a waste of time.

Last edited:

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
they are awful. we started a lets go bruins chant on yawkey after the game last night. a couple girls tried to yell at us that it was the wrong sport, then we reminded them one team won their division and is hosting a playoff series starting tomorrow, and the other team is in last place in the league...

ill be back when the sox start to win some games.. until then, BRUINS CANADIENS :D

That was a short ride on the bandwagon.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
That was a short ride on the bandwagon.

oh please, i grew up a sox fan and have been my entire life. dont give me that ****. have you been to one of your teams games yet this year?

i am just going to be to preoccupied with our playoff hockey and basketball teams to watch a 2-9 baseball team in april. i still follow them, but i wont watch every game. the season is way too long anyways.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind

Come on...tell me that doesn't imply you'll jump back on the bandwagon when they start winning.

oh please, i grew up a sox fan and have been my entire life. dont give me that ****. have you been to one of your teams games yet this year?

i am just going to be to preoccupied with our playoff hockey and basketball teams to watch a 2-9 baseball team in april. i still follow them, but i wont watch every game. the season is way too long anyways.

I haven't been to any games this year...that would be a heck of a commute from Houston. ;) I do have tickets to all 3 games in Arlington in May. Maybe because I've been out of NY for a few years, but I still watch every game on my phone (I work nights), and I'll also follow the Rangers and Knicks in the playoffs. It's alll about multi-tasking.

And my son's name is Gehrig...do I get extra points?

quagmire

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
Now that is how we get it done. A-Rod is locked in. Come back for the win. :cool:

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Where is the love for the Rockies? Early on they have the best record in baseball 10-2! Tulo is leading the majors in HR with 7 with homeruns in each of the last 4 games.

GO ROCKIES!!!

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
It if the god awful Mets, lets see the Rockies play a real team and see how they do.

The.316

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
Two best teams in the NL East meet this weekend for the first time. People want to sleep on the Marlins, which is fine by me, but they are going to be in it all season long.

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
Where is the love for the Rockies? Early on they have the best record in baseball 10-2! Tulo is leading the majors in HR with 7 with homeruns in each of the last 4 games.

GO ROCKIES!!!

The Rockies can prove an obstacle for the Giants, and if not them, look at Texas in the American League. They are very hot.

I thought Boston would jump out ahead very early in American, but not so this year.

There's still a lot of time in this season and a team could have a star pitcher have a bad slump and just that could make all the difference and put a team on the brink of not making postseason. Ask Cy Young winner Zito on the Giants last year.

The only team I seem to believe in can step it up early and sustain it the entire season is the NYY.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
The Yankees bats are hitting homers and that really is what has saved them so far this year. They need to get deeper with the pitching and hope Hughes can build up his arm strength.

The Red Sox really have become the Yankees of old, spend a ton of money on stars but not gel as a team. Huge contracts don't make a champion.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
Mo is awesome.

From the MLB article concerning today's win....

Mariano Rivera settled things in the ninth, closing out his sixth game of the season to net his 614th career save.

:p

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
The Red Sox just recorded their 3rd win of the season. Please folks give them a round of applause. They deserve it.
Who ever thought the new music on NESN was a good idea should be shot. Maybe thats why the team sucks.:p

Huge contracts don't make a champion.

Says a Yankee fan... :rolleyes:
2011-Salaries-JPEG-1024x767.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.