Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Atreyu25

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2005
I have had my top case replaced twice now. I decided I wanted to try and protect this top case and use a very slim keyboard protector. Works like a champ.

nalbagli

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
My late 2016 MB Pro with TB, has this same issue with a key, has anyone gotten a fix to this? I have been trying to follow the thread but there are too many pages. Thanks!

medee88

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2015
Austin, TX
My late 2016 MB Pro with TB, has this same issue with a key, has anyone gotten a fix to this? I have been trying to follow the thread but there are too many pages. Thanks!

Yes! The fix is to mail it off/bring it in to apple https://support.apple.com/keyboard-service-program-for-mac-notebooks. Every year from 2016-2019 has the same manufacturing issue, and Apple has extended the warranty for it.

Basically there's not really any other fix that works for long, and even this doesn't guarantee you won't need to bring it in again.

jacg

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2003
UK

After replacing mine twice due to clicky keys immediately after purchase, I soldiered on for a couple of years with a keyboard that could get a bit clicky at high temperatures. Eventually a couple of keys started to malfunction and Apple (Bangkok) took it in for a free repair in December. New keyboard is better than before and (because they are all one piece) I got a new battery and top case, which was great as they were both hammered.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.