Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inket

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2009
Ugh... almost a $3000 laptop and it's standard shipping... -_-

Thanks. I just tried the chat on the US site and it's "outside their working hours", Japanese site doesn't even have one...

coreypdx

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2012
For those getting their MacBook Pros tomorrow, what's the earliest time you think you'll get yours?

For me, 1:15pm PST.

dekka007hk

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2015
Ugh... almost a $3000 laptop and it's standard shipping... -_-

Thanks. I just tried the chat on the US site and it's "outside their working hours", Japanese site doesn't even have one...

There is no premium shipping option in Asia from Apple.

However having said that high value items always ship DHL express as default which is the top shipping method anyway.

Reactions: inket

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
Very sad. I ordered my preconfigured 13" right after the store reopened on the 27th (got my confirmation email at 11:41 Pacific Time), and my order has been preparing for shipment since Friday. But as of Sunday night, it's still stuck at preparing for shipment; and here I am hearing about people getting their MBPs on Monday.:( Hoping the status changes by the time I get up tomorrow morning.

Also made a UPS My Choice account earlier today, and nothing shows up under my phone number and/or home address (and tried using my phone number under reference number earlier this weekend). But I guess they could be shipping it through FedEx.

Last edited:

inket

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2009
There is no premium shipping option in Asia from Apple.

However having said that high value items always ship DHL express as default which is the top shipping method anyway.

Oh, I see. Thanks for the explanation!

Dualica 01

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2014
Geez... this thread is worse than the waiting for skylake mbp thread :eek:
10 pages overnight, and 10+ during the day...

Still no movement whatsoever on my order. It's stuck at processing item, card charged last friday...
Norway, BTO 15"

mahcus36

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2016
I know I'm posting this in the wrong thread, but I figured it would get the most exposure and attention here. So, sorry in advance.

It appears as though MKBHD (one of the most famous tech YouTubers on the planet) has an early edition of the MacBook Pro with Touch Bar. I've attached the photo to this comment. It's visible for only a few short seconds on his latest video (Google Pixel review, highly encourage y'all to go check it out btw). I'm curious: do you guys think he just managed to get a VERY early shipment? Or is it more likely that Apple gave him one early for review purposes?

Attachments

• IMG_5420.PNG
    IMG_5420.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 327

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
I know I'm posting this in the wrong thread, but I figured it would get the most exposure and attention here. So, sorry in advance.

It appears as though MKBHD (one of the most famous tech YouTubers on the planet) has an early edition of the MacBook Pro with Touch Bar. I've attached the photo to this comment. It's visible for only a few short seconds on his latest video (Google Pixel review, highly encourage y'all to go check it out btw). I'm curious: do you guys think he just managed to get a VERY early shipment? Or is it more likely that Apple gave him one early for review purposes?
He was given it as a review model.

sniffies

macrumors 603
Jul 31, 2005
somewhere warm, dark, and cozy
Ugh, yesterday my shipment was intercepted in Moscow, Russia.

Now it says that my shipment is being rerouted through North Korea.

Seriously, Apple?? What the hell is going on?? Should I be worried, guys, or is that normal?

tianhuailiu

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2016

I assume apple ask reviewers to only release video about new macbook pro with touch bar on 14th because 14th is the day where first group customers in the world receive touch bar version and he post this video on exactly 14 12:00am.

hootansharifian

Suspended
Jun 25, 2014

Did notice the same when I was watching his video. He probably got it from Apple for an early review.

mujtaba.mir

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2014
Ugh, yesterday my shipment was intercepted in Moscow, Russia.

Now it says that my shipment is being rerouted through North Korea.

Seriously, Apple?? What the hell is going on?? Should I be worried, guys, or is that normal?
Where are you based? And what is your config?

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
UPS allowed me to set up a 2HR delivery window. So somewhere between 9-11AM PST.
Could you please tell me how you were able to select a delivery window? :DBecause I would really love it if the carrier did not attempt to deliver my MBP while I'm still at work. Or is this not available for everyone?

jonasty

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2012
Could you please tell me how you were able to select a delivery window? :DBecause I would really love it if the carrier did not attempt to deliver my MBP while I'm still at work. Or is this not available for everyone?
you just need to set up a UPS.com account. I believe they charge $8 or so if you're not a my choice member. but since you're also in Seattle, i'll pick it up for you

Reactions: deadworlds

deadworlds

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
Citrus Heights,CA
you just need to set up a UPS.com account. I believe they charge $8 or so if you're not a my choice member. but since you're also in Seattle, i'll pick it up for you

They charge you if you're a Member or not. $8 dollars for some convenience is not bad in my opinion. Also it's free to be a member and you'll always get an email notifying you of shipments. Sometimes they are faster than shipping notifications from the actual store you bought the item from.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.