2018-2019 NFL Season Thread

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AustinIllini, Feb 5, 2018.

1. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

2. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

Beating the two highest scoring teams in the NFL, yep, nothing but luck.:rolleyes:
    --- Post Merged, Feb 3, 2019 ---
    You won!

3. SactoGuy18 macrumors 68030

SactoGuy18

Wow, that was a snoozer of a game. [​IMG]

Especially when this commercial was actually more exciting than the game:

4. GrumpyCoder macrumors regular

Back in the day when the Seahawks won games thanks to their excellent defense, they were masterminds. When the patriots win thanks to the defense, you have a million haters whining. That's just the way things are. :rolleyes:

If all those other teams were so great, why didn't they win the Super Bowl? Oh wait... they were not even there.:p
    --- Post Merged, Feb 4, 2019 ---
    Oh and as far as the game goes... I normally hate low scoring games in the season. This one was different though. Not sure why, maybe because it's the Super Bowl. Found it very entertaining.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

That was a great commercial.

6. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

That was one of the most horrendous games I have ever seen... And the Pats winning just really makes me sick to my stomach and hate football right now.... The AFC teams should really be ashamed of themselves for letting this team be there every single year. I get that belichik is good... but for gods sake figure out a freaking way to beat these damn guys already! its not like they have an amazing creative game plan, or any incredible skill players.... Jesus christ there has to be someone who can figure out how to beat someone who has been running the same crap for 20 years. so annoying!!!

7. AustinIllini thread starter macrumors demi-goddess

AustinIllini

I'll be honest, this wasn't the worst Super Bowl I have seen simply because it was close, but it was definitely not a joy to watch. If I weren't at a party I would have had a long think about turning the game off.

8. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Woot woot!

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The rams beat the saints, so they were the best team in the NFC. The patriots played well and became world champions. Its not rocket surgery, they beat the rams like they beat the Falcons, and Seahawks, great coaching and great effort from the entire team. People can grumble all they want, but no other NFL team has reached and stayed at the pinnacle of success like the patriots have.

It was boring and I didn't really catch most of it. I'm glad they won, but it wasn't really game that drew you in.

10. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

The Rams were given the game. While its true that the Saints let a 13 point lead go by, one can easily argue that the entire game went on that missed PI. Hence, the Rams never truly earned their ticket to SB-LIII.

Was it a boring game? You bet. Brady did have a hard time with a mediocre team and add to the fact that it wasn't him who gave the Pats the win. You can argue Brady was the equivalent to that group member in a school project that didn't do jack ****, but still somehow got his A+.

11. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Imagine how much better Chiefs Saints would have been. Also imagine how much better halftime would have been with actual talent. The league really needs to figure out what kind of product it wants to put out there for it's marque game of the year.

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm not disputing the bad call, but the bottom line is the Saints failed to get the job done. Couldn't they have run the clock out instead of passing the ball like they did?

I thought it was pretty good. Too bad the Chiefs couldn't beat the patriots ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Horrible half time show.

13. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

Wow. That seems to be the sentiment of most posters here. So I didn't miss anything?:cool: If the game had been a exciting, I would have had to mooch off someone who TiVo'd the game.

I was busy preparing the house for Lunar New Years (Year of the Boar...woot!)

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, that would have been a much better game.

15. GrumpyCoder macrumors regular

Refs should have seen the PI, but that doesn't make it a win. Ball would have been placed at that spot. Maybe Saints would have run it into the endzone, maybe they would have tried a pass and maybe the Rams would have intercepted that pass and scored, so there would have been no overtime. We simply don't know and will never find out. Fact is, Saints had a chance to win the OT and they blew it. The two best teams played in the Super Bowl and the best team won. Period.

Looking forward to next season. Would be nice to see the Packers and 49ers get their act together again. Steelers need to get rid of big Ben and Giants need a new QB as well (and not just that).

16. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/tv-ratings-sunday-feb-3-2019/

Seems everyone hated this game.

17. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I like how Mike Florio put it

Also add in the fact that the Patriots have been there 4 out of 5 years and people do get tired of seeing the same team over and over.

18. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Even the commercials were brutal this year.

19. pachyderm macrumors 603

pachyderm

You're giving Marshawn Lynch too much credit.
    Only because the uniforms for both sides were hideous...

Also, the Jets (Bills,Dolphins) should seriously look into hiring Tony Romo as some sort of coach. Whether it's a DC job or a "Special Envoy On How To Beat The Pats" type of job they should look into it.

I actually enjoyed the game.
    I'm more upset that Michael Scott/Steve Carrrell(sp?) sold out to Pepsi...

20. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

Imagine if you won $10,000,000.

21. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

I highly doubt any team could entice Romo, CBS is giving him 4 Mil a year to sit in the booth nice and comfortably. when his contract is up next year they will have to significantly raise that number if they want to keep him as other networks will be chomping at the bit.... By contrast the highest paid Coordinator in the NFL is Josh Mcdaniels coming in at 4 Mil and i think he is a few mill above the rest... The only reason he makes that much is because New England talked him out of taking the Colts job last year so he can stick around and be the heir-apparent to belichick, so they basically had to pay him like an entry level head coach....

Any way all this to say Romo would be a fool to leave his cushy job to come and work crazy long hours all year round for less money as an assitant coach, coordinator or advisor.

22. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

Too bad they didn’t make it. Especially since everyone figured the Pats and Rams game was going to be a low scoring one.

23. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Ya that would be great too.