2018-2019 NFL Season Thread

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AustinIllini, Feb 5, 2018.

1. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Yes that’s true. But the Saints would have run the game clock down easily and hence they would have passed with out the need for an OT. The Saints did blow the game in OT. But it has been debated and is generally accepted that with that missed PI call, the game would have not needed OT.

Also, one can easily argue the best team won when the game was mediocre at best. Furthermore, after such blatant favorable calls for the Pats in the Chief’s game.

All in all, we got what Goodell wanted for a Super Bowl. That said, the end result is we got a boring and mediocre game as teams not meant for it were given the chance.

2. pachyderm macrumors 603

pachyderm

Really more of a joke on my part... ;)

3. nrvna76 macrumors 6502a

I know.. like the offensive pass interference they called on the Pats and then let the Chiefs get away with the same play. :rolleyes:

It’s funny, all of my friends and coworkers are so quick to bust on me when the Pats lose, but they were all hoping for the Pats to win this one. Defenses used to win championships, now they just want it to be one sided. All of these people looking for what they consider an ‘exciting’ game are going to be the first to freak out when their teams defense can’t get a stop when needed.

This one was as exciting as Pats vs Seahawks, Giants, or Falcons. All wildly different games.

4. GrumpyCoder macrumors regular

? Score was tied at 20 when the PI happened, wasn't it?

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

FG was part of the strategy.

6. GrumpyCoder macrumors regular

I don't get it. Score was tied at 20, Saints had ball, they passed for a TD, then the PI. How could they run the clock down after a TD or FG? The Rams would have the ball then. They could have run the clock down with a new first down, still tied at 20 and there would have been no guarantee they would have scored with a TD or FG from that position.

7. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I get into the city pretty early (5:30am) and the crowds were already forming.
    Patriots Parade: Over 1 Million Fans Expected

I don't know if we'll see a million people here, but its already crazy busy. i'm about 2 to 4 blocks away from the parade route and there's a ton of people.

9. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

Getting Douche chills just thinking about those fans and the team

[​IMG]

10. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

It's amazing that just because they are called the New England Patriots that everyone in the north east is supposed to love them. There are other teams around here that don't cheat. The bandwagon is huge here.

11. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

Boo hoo. Cry me a River.

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

So you're moving on to the cheating excuse. Earlier it was the NFL fixing the games to have them win
    I can understand you being a NY fan, that you don't like the Patriots, but you do these mental gymnastics to avoid praising them or giving them their proper credit.

No not at all, I'm not sure why you think that. Outside of the New England states, most people understand that Patriots are not well liked. This is typical, human nature loves to root for the underdog. 17 years ago, people mostly rooted for the Pats because the Rams were the dominant team, now the tables have turned. People hate seeing the same team win over and over, it doesn't matter if its the Pats or the Yankees back in the day.

13. GrumpyCoder macrumors regular

The amount of butt hurt people is astonishing. I'm usually not the guy that feels good when others feel bad, but in this case, it makes me laugh and I do feel good about it. It cheers me up. Wonder what's going to happen if the Pats win next years Super Bowl again... I might have a heart attack laughing so much. :D

14. pachyderm macrumors 603

pachyderm

Again, I thought it was a good defensive game. As inept as the Rams were they Pats "D" did a good job shutting them down.

The play that set up the Pats TD was beautiful and classic Tom Brady.

15. hoveowl macrumors newbie

--- Post Merged, Feb 5, 2019 ---
    You're an Owl, in TN. Neat.

WAWAW.

16. pachyderm, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019

pachyderm macrumors 603

pachyderm

ha!

Welcome aboard! There is not much chatter about SWFC on here... maybe that will change.

WAWAW

17. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

On another topic - given the universally hatred for the half time show, do you think that will scare away other performers? I mean nothing really good came out of Maroon 5's performance and in selling a brand. I can't help but think they're performance hurt that effort.

18. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

I think in show business sometimes any publicity is good publicity even if its negative. There are millions of people talking about Maroon 5 this week that wouldn't have been. That's why artists always try to do something a little outlandish even if they know it will be perceived in a negative light... I think the point is to just get people talking about them. I'm sure the negative connotations will fade away for the majority of people with the next hit song they put out.

19. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I think part of the reason it got such bad reviews is that people can’t step away from the political/SJW crap that surrounded this year’s halftime show.

20. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

For those who would like to get a good look at why the Patriots won the Super Bowl and why they are so successful, I suggest watching the February 5th episode of Inside the NFL.

21. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Another take, it was just ****ing boring.

I’ll never understand why half time shows don’t end on the performer’s biggest hit. They always peak in the first couple of songs and I’m no stage manager but you’d think you’d want to go out on a high rather than a middling energy level.

22. pachyderm macrumors 603

pachyderm

23. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

24. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

So let's see what this new league is all about.