Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is widely expected to unveil three new iPhones in just under three weeks, and ahead of time, Taiwanese supply chain publication DigiTimes has shared a laundry list of its expectations for the devices.

iphonedummymodelstrio.jpg

The paywalled report corroborates several existing rumors, including the 2019 iPhones having the same display sizes as the 2018 lineup, including 5.8-inch OLED, 6.5-inch OLED, and 6.1-inch LCD models. All three iPhones are said to feature Face ID, with no changes to the notch area and no 3D Touch.

DigiTimes also expects the 2019 iPhones to feature A13 processors manufactured based on TSMC's 7nm process, two-way charging of wearables like the Apple Watch and AirPods on the back of the iPhones, and new colors, in line with a previous rumor of new green and lavender finishes for the next iPhone XR.

The report adds that battery capacities will increase to around 3,200 mAh, 3,500 mAh, and 3,000 mAh for the next iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR respectively, which would be around 20 percent, 10 percent, and two percent larger than the batteries in the equivalent 2018 iPhones.

Korean website The Elec previously claimed the next iPhone XR will sport a 3,110 mAh battery, which could still be accurate given that DigiTimes appears to be roughly estimating its reported capacities.

And, of course, more cameras. The next iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max models are widely expected to sport triple-lens rear cameras, while the next iPhone XR is rumored to gain a dual-lens rear camera. On the higher-end models, the third lens is rumored to enable a "0.5x" ultra-wide-angle viewfinder.

Much of this information has already been outlined by respected analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, including two-way charging and battery capacities increasing by roughly the percentages outlined above, but this information from the DigiTimes Research division in Taiwan adds further credence as the new iPhones near launch.

The report does outline one new possibility, claiming that Apple may release a 5.8-inch iPhone with dual nano-SIM support this year, which would likely be limited to the Chinese market. Last year, Apple released the iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR with dual nano-SIM slots in China, but the iPhone XS lacked this.

All three iPhones feature dual SIM support in other countries by way of a single nano-SIM paired with an eSIM inside the device. This functionality enables iPhone users to have two phone numbers available at once, which is useful for travel or having both personal and work lines on a single iPhone.

Tuesday, September 10 is the widely predicted date of Apple's event, with invites to the media likely to be issued towards the end of August. MacRumors will have live coverage of the keynote as usual.

For more rumors, read our 2019 iPhones roundup.

Article Link: 2019 iPhones Said to Feature Larger Batteries Up to 3,500 mAh, Next iPhone XS May Have Dual Nano-SIM in China

fokmik

Suspended
Oct 28, 2016
USA
Probably ill wait for the next year iPhone that i will buy along side with the new W223 S class

PJM83

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2014
Stockholm
Everyone might be uninterested in this year, but I'm getting one. Currently on an android and cant wait for this years model to come out.

And yes 2020 might be the one to get, but I'm gonna enjoy this one and when the day for the next one comes I'll decide what to do then.

Bswails

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2016
Everyone might be uninterested in this year, but I'm getting one. Currently on an android and cant wait for this years model to come out.

And yes 2020 might be the one to get, but I'm gonna enjoy this one and when the day for the next one comes I'll decide what to do then.

what android device do you use?

decypher44

macrumors 68000
Feb 24, 2007
Orange County, CA

Why not save some money and get an XS/Max when these are released? Basically the same phones, and will be cheaper when the 2019s are released.

Reactions: FriendlyMackle

PJM83

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2014
Stockholm
what android device do you use?
I have an P30 Pro and a OP6T, I usually go android - iPhone every other year, but I'm gonna try to stay Apple now.

Why not save some money and get an XS/Max when these are released? Basically the same phones, and will be cheaper when the 2019s are released.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Xs's where discontinued when the new ones come out, just like the X was.

Reactions: AirunJae
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.