Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bentron

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
I talked to someone on apple chat yesterday and he said it would be 8am.
Wish I wasn't up at 4am for no reason haha
Well, at least you're at the front of the queue!

I'm still not sure whether I want to head to the store to pick one up. Usually I have to work, so have never experienced launch day hype, not that I think there will be too much this time, but still. Anyone else launch day-ing it?

Arline

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2010
It should be 7am if it's based on 12:01am PT. We'll know in 5 minutes.

Sparky2012

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2012
United Kingdom
Looks like it'll be 8am now... :(

Edit: I was slightly impatient there. Got my order in via Apple Store app.

Edit 2: My order was 128gb WiFi Space Grey. Would've got the Apple Pencil but can't afford it right now. I'll get it in a month or so. All these edits to this post, not normally up this early so that'd explain it :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Richy23

jojods

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
went with 128gb space grey and the apple pencil.. damn so expensive.

Can't afford a case lol

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I got my order in too for a 256GB Rose Gold Wi-Fi Plus Cellular. Strangely enough the option is there for in store pick up but you can't actually choose it which is a bit annoying as I was hoping for the first time to do an in store pick up. As it is I have chosen home delivery as it was the only option.

DavidAndy

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2012
Bedfordshire
Was gonna hold off but went for 128 wifi space grey with Smart Keyboard and silicone case. Can always return before 14 days if I regret purchasing

rossy100

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2011
Mine is now Preparing For Dispatch and my card has got a hold for the money on it for the price of the iPad! Not long now...

Mine is now also PFD :)

Interesting though as I actually did 3 separate orders at 7am this morning....... 1 for the iPad (128 SG 4G), 1 for the keyboard and another for the case/cover. iPad was showing 31/3 delivery, keyboard was showing April 4/, and cases were 1 April. By doing separately it meant I would qualify for free courier delivery on the case order meaning it would arrive 30 March (other bits dates stayed same).

Anyway - the keyboard is now also showing as PFD - so I'm assuming that will also arrive next week!

For anyone wondering why I didn't order pencil - I ordered that after the event on Monday (and its already arrived) :)

applepie2100

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2015
128 wifi/cellular silver PFD here too :D

Order wasn't placed until 1pm today so stock obviously isn't an issue.

kjm18

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2014
Hexham, UK
Ordered today from littlewoods. I was going to order a space grey but only had silver and gold in 128GB capacity so I ordered the silver one. Expected by Tuesday 10th May, should hopefully arrive sooner than, the order status is "awaiting stock" currently

WRXiceman

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2012
England, UK
If this thread is anything to go by, comparing to previous releases, then the iPad Pro 9.7" doesn't seem to be selling as well.
I remember the older iPad and iPhone releases and these threads were booming.

This isn't supposed to be a negative post by the way.

Loopy65

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2008
Wales, UK
Ordered today from littlewoods. I was going to order a space grey but only had silver and gold in 128GB capacity so I ordered the silver one. Expected by Tuesday 10th May, should hopefully arrive sooner than, the order status is "awaiting stock" currently
I have no idea why not order from Apple? Unless you need the 'on credit' bit?! I have no idea when third party sellers will get stock to sell although this certainly is a softer launch than usual so there should be plenty of iPads available.
[doublepost=1458850149][/doublepost]
If this thread is anything to go by, comparing to previous releases, then the iPad Pro 9.7" doesn't seem to be selling as well.
I remember the older iPad and iPhone releases and these threads were booming.

This isn't supposed to be a negative post by the way.

You, the thread is soooooo quiet! I'm used to the thousands of pages long iPhone UK thread lol

kjm18

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2014
Hexham, UK
I have no idea why not order from Apple? Unless you need the 'on credit' bit?! I have no idea when third party sellers will get stock to sell although this certainly is a softer launch than usual so there should be plenty of iPads available.

Easier to pay for this way as can't afford to shell out the full amount in one go

Reactions: Loopy65

WRXiceman

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2012
England, UK
[doublepost=1458850149][/doublepost]

You, the thread is soooooo quiet! I'm used to the thousands of pages long iPhone UK thread lol

Yeah me too. There was a new post every 30 seconds on those friends

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.