Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AirBeagle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2013
Rochester, NY
Hi Folks,

I found quite a bit of information by searching, but much of it was conflicted based on application, so I thought I'd ask the experts for assistance in determining optimum accessories to go with my new Wifi iPad Pro, especially as technology and options change so quickly.

I'm a science teacher whose primary uses of the iPad Pro (with Pencil) include taking notes (lots of math, diagrams, etc.) as well as combining text and diagrams/equations/etc. in presenting and creating lecture materials for my students. Quite regularly I'm also assisting students and other teachers with problems, and I want to use the iPad as a quick way to solve the problem and e-mail back to them without having to go find paper and pen, solve it myself, clean it up, scan it, attach to e-mail, etc.

I've already ordered the Apple Pencil to go with my iPad Pro, but am curious what folks recommend as far as the best keyboard cover/case (Logitech vs. Apple vs. other?) I'm a touch typist, so a nice keyboard is a must if I'm going to get the most out of my iPad Pro. I've had regular iPads in the past and the virtual keyboards (or overly small external keyboards) have always slowed me down considerably. Also, if you recommend a screen protector, do you have any specific recommendations?

Thank you very much in advance for your time and assistance, and make it a great day!!!

ifman

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2011
If you plan to walk around the classroom with it and assist students, then a hand strap on the back will allow one handed operation. Something like this;

http://www.amazon.com/Oenbopo-Rotat...r=8-3&keywords=iPad+pro+cases+with+hand+strap

Then add the apple Smart Cover that you can remove.

I would also add some type of pencil holder to the back, such as found here;

http://www.amazon.com/LEUCHTTURM191...331227&sr=8-6&keywords=iPad+pro+pencil+holder
[doublepost=1456331634][/doublepost]I also use the Apple magic keyboard at my desk and I also use the Duet software app so I can use the IPP as a 2nd monitor at the desk.

Also check out the app; Myscript Calculator. It is great with the pencil.

Reactions: AirBeagle
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.