Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

AirPods Max Now Available With Same-Day Pickup at Select Apple Stores

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

While the AirPods Max face a lengthy 12-14 week delivery estimate for online orders, Apple's new over-ear headphones are now available for same-day pickup at select Apple retail stores in the United States, Canada, and Australia.

In the United States, the AirPods Max are currently available for pickup in all color options except Sky Blue, as noted by 9to5Mac's Michael Steeber.

To initiate the pickup process, add the AirPods Max to your cart on Apple.com and select the "I'll pick it up" option during checkout. Next, select a pickup date and a 15-minute check-in window, enter your personal information, and complete payment online. Make sure to bring a government-issued photo ID with you to your appointment, and remember that health precautions such as face coverings and temperature checks are currently in effect.

AirPods Max are Apple's new premium over-ear headphones, featuring active noise cancellation, spatial audio, adaptive EQ, and more. Priced at $549, the headphones are designed with memory foam ear cushions, a stainless steel frame, and a mesh headband. Like the Apple Watch, the AirPods Max have a Digital Crown for volume control and Siri, and there's an Apple-designed H1 chip in each ear cup for instant pairing with Apple devices.

The pickup option has yet to go live in some countries, including the UK, and inventory will likely fluctuate, so act fast if interested.

Article Link: AirPods Max Now Available With Same-Day Pickup at Select Apple Stores

Reactions: DeepIn2U

kirk.vino

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2017
Just got a pair in Space Gray in NYC. Here only 3 color options were available at 8am: Space Gray, Silver, and Green. The green one was only available at 1 store. As of now, only 2 stores have the silver. Space Gray is selling out pretty fast as well. It looks like the entire stock will be gone in an hour or so.
UPDATE: all Apple stores in NYC are sold out now.

Last edited:
Comment

IIGS User

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2019
Reference the picture with the article.

If I want to get mugged and lose $550 in NYC, I can make that happen just about anywhere. I don't have to head to an Apple store for that these days.

Comment

G5isAlive

macrumors 65816
Aug 28, 2003
I wonder if the people buying these have tried options like the Sony XM4, or if they’re at the other end of the spectrum, maybe having only tried a pair of Beats Solo.

Wonder no more! I own the XM4, as well as the previous generation Bose. I find them to be fragile and not overly fond of the sound. In fact, I stopped traveling with them and used my AirPod Pro almost exclusively due to its features and how well it plays with my devices. Looking forward to seeing how that plays out in my AirPod Max.

Comment

jclardy

macrumors 68040
Oct 6, 2008
I wonder if the people buying these have tried options like the Sony XM4, or if they’re at the other end of the spectrum, maybe having only tried a pair of Beats Solo.
I ordered a pair, and I own XM3's, Surface Headphones, and AKG 7XX's. There are things I like about each of them, ideally the AirPods Max will replace the two wireless pairs. I'm hoping the mesh ear cups on the AirPods will allow them to be more comfortable for longer periods, when working for a few hours my ears get pretty toasty with the Surface/MX3. Also the mic's on the XM3's are terrible even in a pindrop silent home office. The AKG's I use when I just want to listen to something.

So my hope is the mic is way better and the ear cushions are more comfortable for long periods. Those two things and then they will be worth it to me because of the convince of the H1 vs the pain of switching devices with these other headphones (Surface ones are actually pretty good if you only want two devices, but try to switch between three devices that are "always on" like iPhone/iPad and you will understand why the H1 is valuable.)

I checked the stock at my apple store, there were space grey ones for about 5 minutes after 8AM, now there is only red. I think this has been the worst stocked product launch ever at Apple (I think there is a demand for them, but normally they will have stock in stores on launch day...)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.