Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lounge vibes 05

macrumors 68040
May 30, 2016
I get this sentiment. It's a cool product, no doubt, but it's surely not a headline product yet it's received as much press as one. It's an accessory, just like their chargers, docks, watch stands, etc. And apple has been giving it the press that it deserves: none, even when it is delayed.

Am I still excited, and going to buy one? Yes. But am I expecting it to do something especially different? Nope. I'm going to give my wife my white Mophie charger, toss my watch stand in my travel bag (or on the marketplace), and move on with my life. I'll just have a tiny bit more joy when unloading my gear at the end of the day, that they're all charging together, with battery % easily displayed on the phone.

I'm sure there are people who are hyped up who are going to feel let down, and that's going to distort the perception of this device, but those people are still the type who get excited about a charger in the first place.
I'm sure that when AirPower finally arrives some people will cry themselves to sleep in disappointment.

We've waited for AirPower for almost 3 years. Now it's almost here.

You go to the Apple Store feeling more anxious than that time Mom said Santa would bring you that N64 for Christmas.

You give Apple $160 and rush home.

You post your unboxing on YouTube.

And then you place your phone on that goddamn mat. And your phone charges. And that's it.

The phone charges. Like it has since the beginning of time when connected to a charger. Because it's a ****ing charger that ****ing thing you just bought. What will we do with our lives when that finally happens????
But… It has the coolest animations and sound affects

jsmitty

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
NC
I'm sure that when AirPower finally arrives some people will cry themselves to sleep in disappointment.

The phone charges. Like it has since the beginning of time when connected to a charger. Because it's a ****ing charger that ****ing thing you just bought. What will we do with our lives when that finally happens????

Read forums on a shiny new iMac and wait for the next thing to launch

adam1080

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2012
I started to question the same thing. If it won't be able to charge Apple Watch, then it will be another ****ing disappointment.
If it only charges the phone and AirPods, I am out...

It it does indeed charge the watch too, I will have a hard think about it depending on the cost.

TMRJIJ

macrumors 68040
Dec 12, 2011
South Carolina, United States
where's the picture of Fry trying to give his money away? :p
Happy to oblige

53dd5173ffcb34e807f028ce80ea26bf083b4282349468db625fd5fa2f9dc4c5.jpg

Greenmeenie

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2013
For home use, wireless charging sounds awesome. But i travel a lot, and would prefer to take the regular charger. For one thing, you can use your device while laying in bed at night as you are also charging it.

Lounge vibes 05

macrumors 68040
May 30, 2016
For home use, wireless charging sounds awesome. But i travel a lot, and would prefer to take the regular charger. For one thing, you can use your device while laying in bed at night as you are also charging it.
That’s what’s so convenient about it. You bring one cable. And also, use the phone while you’re in bed, and when you’re ready to go to sleep just reach over and drop it anywhere on the mat. You shouldn’t sleep with your phone in the first place

Reactions: MrUNIMOG

leebroath

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2010
Scotland
After all this wait, If this thing is anything over £100 each then you can kiss my a$$ Apple...we have all waited far too long for this product!

It’s a a mat with copper rings...how costly could it be..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.