Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

christianji

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2013
Germany
Hi,
anybody here using the album art screensaver in Big Sur (or Catalina - has not been working there as well)?
It does not show any album art, although my Music library contains 700 albums - almost each one with a cover picture. When the screensaver kicks in it says something like "there is no music containing album art in your library".
The music files are not stored on my mac, only in the Apple music cloud (and on a backup disk which is not connected). But in the music app all cover art is available and shown.
Any solution?

Reactions: Modano

christianji

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2013
Germany
Weird: Did a complete download of all my music files, and having all album files on the internal SSD the screensaver worked fine. Then I deleted the local music library, and screensaver functionality is gone with them... black screen.
But then, after updating to BS 11.1 - magically it started to work and still is fine. So don't know which did the trick: Either download/removing music library, or updating to 11.1 - or maybe both of them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.