All Apple correspondence via iCloud mail?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by KeyMs92, Dec 20, 2015.

1. KeyMs92 macrumors regular

I'm considering the move from Gmail to iCloud, especially now that I've purchased a Mac and have moved every other service except Gmail to iCloud already.

However, one of the hurdles is, ironically, Apple. Gmail is set as the primary address of my Apple ID, and iCloud as the secondary. As I believe it's impossible to change Gmail to be your primary address, my question is if it's possible to receive all Apple correspondence (iTunes, App Store, purchases, security etc.) via iCloud?

If it is, could you show me the steps that are required to do this? Thanks in advance.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

You can't change your Apple ID unfortunately. What you can do is set gmail to auto forward everything to iCloud if you wish.

3. KeyMs92 thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm... I'm not a big fan of auto forwarding. So it's 100% impossible to send all correspondence directly to iCloud?

4. Paco II macrumors 65816

Gmail is a much better email service. What do you hope to achieve by switching to iCloud mail?

5. nightcap965 macrumors 6502a

nightcap965

What's wrong with keeping both? It's always helpful to have a spare.

6. KeyMs92 thread starter macrumors regular

It's not really a rational thing. It's more some kind of pleasure I take in having all services on iCloud.

In any case, since it's not possible to switch your primary ID to iCloud and Gmail is preferable in a number of other ways, I'll probably keep things as they are.