Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Buzzcut

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2011
Ohio
if apple will not remove the 3.5 jack nobody will, and we are stuck with this old and no longer quality headphones for this time.

Please explain. What are you stuck with, exactly?

Bluetooth is already here, but SQ is less.

Lightning headphones are already here and SQ is just on par with decent headphones but at a higher price.

Headphones quality isn't going to magically improve. Especially at a given price point.

So I'm a bit confused and need help understanding what you mean.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
EXIF:

Exif header 7365 bytes long

Exif section in Motorola order

(dir has 12 entries)

ImageWidth = 528

ImageLength = 581

BitsPerSample = 8, 8, 8

PhotometricInterpretation = 2

Orientation = 1

SamplesPerPixel = 3

XResolution = 720000/10000

YResolution = 720000/10000

ResolutionUnit = 2

Software = "Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Macintosh)"

DateTime = "2016:05:22 13:32:28"

ExifOffset = 236

Exif Dir:(dir has 4 entries)

ExifVersion = "0221"

ColorSpace = 65535

ExifImageWidth = 528

ExifImageLength = 581

Continued directory (dir has 6 entries)

Compression = 6

XResolution = 72/1

YResolution = 72/1

ResolutionUnit = 2

ThumbnailOffset = 386

ThumbnailLength = 6971

Thumbnail size: 6971 bytes

Image cotains IPTC section, 9352 bytes long

Image cotains XMP section, 3503 bytes long

Jpeg section marker 0xee size 33

Approximate quality factor for qtable 0: 98 (scale 3.50, var 4.81)

Approximate quality factor for qtable 1: 98 (scale 3.16, var 0.50)

JPEG image is 528w * 581h, 3 color components, 8 bits per sample

File name : /Users/matt/Desktop/iPhone-7-Proto-Italien-03.jpg

File size : 143141 bytes

File date : 2016:05:23 01:09:20

Date/Time : 2016:05:22 13:32:28

Resolution : 528 x 581

Jpeg process : Progressive

======= IPTC data: =======

City : %G

Record vers. : 0
I think it might have been photoshopped, but photoshop my be in the EXIF data because they pixelated part of the image.

Reactions: Howyalikdemapls

Mr. Buzzcut

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2011
Ohio
For everyone saying you can't fit the speaker above the camera, take a look at the internals of the iPhone 6's speaker:

QVgGFR5KVl1cTbiW

The speaker is already weirdly shaped in some areas, so I think it's actually pretty easy to imagine a piece that's shaped to fit around the camera.

Does anyone really think they are going to have four of those inside an iPhone? What an enormous waste of space.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
wait what ? so how the kids going to listen to music or they expect us to go bluetooth and throw our old crap out

There will undoubtedly be an Lightning-to-3.5mm headphone jack adapter, make in China.
[doublepost=1463971543][/doublepost]
Yawn. who really listens to music out of phone speakers anyway? make iOS and the apple music app better. In particular downloading my entire playlist to the phone and not stoping half way through. annoying.

Sounds like you need a faster internet connection or better network management. Many people don't realize that the drastic increase in wireless devices is also making it more difficult for those said devices to communicate reliably. Careful management is needed by owners.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Sounds very much like you don't NEED a new iPhone anyway, so why even consider it?
The reason is after two or three years, iPhone becomes out of date anyway, and performance needs to be improved through newer hardware.
[doublepost=1463973564][/doublepost]
Here's the original pictures. Looks fake, especially the right image around where the phone on top is resting.

original.jpg
Looks like that shell is more like a case than an iPhone 7 shell.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Please explain. What are you stuck with, exactly?

Bluetooth is already here, but SQ is less.

Lightning headphones are already here and SQ is just on par with decent headphones but at a higher price.

Headphones quality isn't going to magically improve. Especially at a given price point.

So I'm a bit confused and need help understanding what you mean.
Transitions are always messy and confusing and will make a lot of people unhappy. But sometimes, the best way to predict the future is to create it.

Would the app store have taken off if Apple had not banned flash from it mobile platform?

Same logic here. Restricting the use of wired headphones might give bluetooth headphone R&D the added attention it requires to improve. At times, you can't have a new world order without first getting rid of the existing world order. If wireless peripherals are to take off, you might need to remove the main reason stopping them from thriving - wired accessories. Force people into the future you envision by cutting off all links they have with the past.

So in the case of the Macbook and jackless iPhone (if it ever comes to that), we users might be inconvenienced in the short run because it means many of our headphones might no longer be useable. But in the long run, this could help spur the market for better quality bluetooth standards and accessories, making us better off.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Transitions are always messy and confusing and will make a lot of people unhappy. But sometimes, the best way to predict the future is to create it.

Would the app store have taken off if Apple had not banned flash from it mobile platform?

Same logic here. Restricting the use of wired headphones might give bluetooth headphone R&D the added attention it requires to improve. At times, you can't have a new world order without first getting rid of the existing world order. If wireless peripherals are to take off, you might need to remove the main reason stopping them from thriving - wired accessories. Force people into the future you envision by cutting off all links they have with the past.

So in the case of the Macbook and jackless iPhone (if it ever comes to that), we users might be inconvenienced in the short run because it means many of our headphones might no longer be useable. But in the long run, this could help spur the market for better quality bluetooth standards and accessories, making us better off.
If we just think about wired headphone, good. One day wired headphone may become a thing of the past.
But think about those power transmission lines, Ethernet cable. They are all wires, and cannot be removed in the near future.
Wireless network has emerged so many years, but commercially available wireless network is still no match gigabit Ethernet network in regarding of transmission speed, and interference toleration.

More wireless devices means more interference, and current regulation limit does not allow us to use other frequency ranges.

Wireless and wired headphone will exist concurrently for the next half a decade at least, I believe.
[doublepost=1463975514][/doublepost]
Just ordered the Audio Technica M50x. It's going to be useless. Oh no. . .

/S
Use iPad or iPod touch to listen to music.
Our only choice.

Mr. Buzzcut

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2011
Ohio

Calling BS on this theory since we already have tons of wireless Bluetooth speakers that should drive such improvements. Also, most people use crappy ear buds with atrocious sound quality. They'd be more than happy with current BT performance.

Guess we should remove the driver door on cars so we have driverless cars sooner.

rp2011

macrumors 68020
Oct 12, 2010
Still amazes me that people are still going on about the 3.5 jack. It's gone. Get over it. Start getting used to better sounding headphones.

Donoban

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2013
If they ditch the 3.5mm jack then I will expect a free adapter (not £25.00) for my upgrade to iPhone 7 in September.
To be used with my 10 year old lifetime guarantee 3.5mm Koss Porta Pro's
I will also seriously worry about the hundreds of millions (billions?) of 3.5mm headphones in circulation that apple will be alienating their owners from buying an iPhone 7.

Ladies, we are in the 21 st century. Get used to change and adapt. Not only in technology but all aspects of your professional and personal lives.
[doublepost=1463978536][/doublepost]
Does anyone really think they are going to have four of those inside an iPhone? What an enormous waste of space.

Brah, I'm waiting for the 8 speaker edition.

Reactions: Serban

smacrumon

macrumors 68030
Jan 15, 2016
That camera and flash arrangement appears like the device is crying a tear drop. This iPhone is crying out for a new direction. Answer the call, Apple!

Donoban

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2013
Would you like your signal hidden, too?
[doublepost=1463962315][/doublepost]3G/3GS = new chassis design
4/4S = new chassis design
5/5S = new chassis design
6/6S = new chassis design
7 = SAME chassis design as 6/6S?

Spot the glaring odd one out. I think not, somehow.

Intel have stopped their tick tock release cycle so it's possible Apple have slowed down the time between form factor refreshes.
[doublepost=1463979029][/doublepost]
That camera and flash arrangement appears like the device is crying a tear drop. This iPhone is crying out for a new direction. Answer the call, Apple!

Admit it. You'll buy one regardless of the aesthetics. Lol.

smacrumon

macrumors 68030
Jan 15, 2016
It's very hard as an Apple fan to not be entirely let down.
[doublepost=1463979890][/doublepost]
Intel have stopped their tick tock release cycle so it's possible Apple have slowed down the time between form factor refreshes.
[doublepost=1463979029][/doublepost]

Admit it. You'll buy one regardless of the aesthetics. Lol.
Absolutely NOT. No upgrade. No LOL.

Kiwikat88

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2015
Texas
Still amazes me that people are still going on about the 3.5 jack. It's gone. Get over it. Start getting used to better sounding headphones.

What about the Lightning connector makes you think we will get "better sounding headphones" from it?

I am not sure I understand this sentiment at all. I own top of the line headphones, in both analog and lightning connector form, and don't really see one being better than the other. Just different.

smacrumon

macrumors 68030
Jan 15, 2016
Hahah you're a classic man.
Really. No joke. Absolutely NOT. No upgrade. No LOL.
No 6, no 6s, no 7 if this is it in part or whole.
Awful iPhone design doesn't deserve patronage.
No lining up either.

[doublepost=1463980932][/doublepost]
Controlled leak for survey purposes.
Exactly. No surprises. Market research for our eyes only.
Big fail Apple when you start asking customers what they might like.
iPhone 7. Crying tear drop camera flash assembly. No way.

Donoban

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2013
You are so correct, no one uses wired headphones these days, apart from.. maybe... 99% of the world... jeez..

Lol. You too will learn to accept change. Not sure how old you are but likely you're dealing with change at work, change in technology and so on. Get used to it man. There is plenty more change coming.

Reactions: Dr.Chroma
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.