Alleged OS X 10.10 with Control Center, Visual Tweaks, and More Shown in Blurry Photos [Updated]

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 1, 2014.

1. 0000757 macrumors 68040

Also, one thing I noticed is the Airplane mode. Is that really relevant on a Mac?

Unless we're getting LTE enabled Macs.

2. MacFather macrumors 6502a

MacFather

3. jennyp macrumors 6502

It looks real, and it looks awful. This gratuitous homogenisation of the UI between devices is like, neurotic. And everything's got to be flat because, Ive says so. Any UI appearance which is actually useful to give a visual cue or an affordance prompt as to function is now deemed "skeuomorphic" and banned. Yech.

4. iTurbo macrumors regular

Good lord, don't a lot of you have REAL work to be done? 10.10 or Mavericks or even Snow Leopard. Is this really that big of a deal concerning what YOU need to do for tomorrow?

5. xmichaelp macrumors 68000

xmichaelp

Yeah let's bring back core 2 duos while we're at it too.

6. hlfway2anywhere macrumors 65816

did you have a point you wanted to make or do you just not understand that some people really like this stuff and get excited about it, and that is perfectly okay?

7. xmichaelp macrumors 68000

xmichaelp

Looks like the photos are down, but I still have them open in a tab. If anyone wants them i can upload them to my imgur.

8. doug in albq Suspended

doug in albq

9. hlfway2anywhere macrumors 65816

already been mirrored

http://cl.ly/1Y1w2h2j2t3f

10. kohary macrumors newbie

11. ErikGrim macrumors 68040

ErikGrim

Now that authenticity is pretty much confirmed, is this actually the new Apple menu? It doesn’t show the menu as active, but it sure replicates a lot of the core functionality of it.

12. Serban Suspended

i am thinking about that too...all the changes seems to be relevant for an ipad pro....with touch screen/LTE etc....so if this is real in near future we will have an ipad pro...I dont know what to think

13. mr.bee macrumors 6502a

mr.bee

I kinda missed a 'control center' in OS X. a 'DND' and a flight mode are great utilities for people that travel.

the added functionality of the 'notification center' seems also good. I don't use notification center enough, so something must have been wrong.

the dock is fugly as hell

the look: either Jony makes a truly new UI design or he doesn't touch it. These pics have this strange mix of classic elements and Jony flat design. Which make it look like there's no true guideline and management failed to support an overhaul. this entire confusion smells like Windows :)

also, blurred pictures released hours before WWDC even though they are taken much earlier, smells like buzz marketing...spread the word! :)

14. Brandy92 macrumors newbie

15. xmichaelp macrumors 68000

xmichaelp

wow funny joke :rolleyes:

16. macs4nw macrumors 601

macs4nw

But my wallet is hiding….. :D

17. iTurbo macrumors regular

Some of us have more important things to worry about. I've been a Mac user since OS 7 and I just think it's pretty trivial waiting for the next update as far as real stuff getting done. I will look at Mac Rumors for the WWDC update tomorrow at lunch for sure.

18. springsup macrumors 65816

springsup

No idea. Apple announced last year that all future OSX updates will be free (just as with iOS).

19. xmichaelp macrumors 68000

xmichaelp

Then don't use notifications or control center?

20. Serban Suspended

And apple said that others are confused turning tablets into notebooks etc...if this is real so we will have an ipad pro so...your statement is gone and embarrassment

21. xmichaelp macrumors 68000

xmichaelp

That's the last thing apple would give a touch screen. And they're not.

22. seme332 macrumors regular

seme332

Safari looks legit. The rest, well, not so much...

23. hlfway2anywhere macrumors 65816

you don't have any hobbies or things you get excited about? maybe a new movie or new release from a musician you look forward to? some of us tech fans just get excited about new techy things because it's something we enjoy.

24. Brandy92 macrumors newbie

We will have to wait and see :rolleyes:

25. mcrazza macrumors member

mcrazza

What's with the pre-Leopard dock? A bit of a backward step there.

Having said that, I'm down with some of the iOS7-like iconography in some of the leaked pics.

Not long to go now. I'm looking forward to waking up tomorrow morning Australia-time and have all the news out, ready, discussed and dissected. :)