Alleged OS X 10.10 with Control Center, Visual Tweaks, and More Shown in Blurry Photos [Updated]

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 1, 2014.

1. jkkool macrumors member

jkkool

If these shots are real, they are killing purpose of Retina, disappointment is in the air.:confused::mad:

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Ideally it would be great to be able to customize it and add or remove widgets.

Oh wait. That was done in Windows 7.

3. ErikGrim macrumors 68040

ErikGrim

Name one example of this ever happening.

4. TC03 macrumors 65816

This is not a decoy. Also, I think it's seriously overstated that Apple releases fake rumours or leaks on purpose.

It's an early concept, that's for sure.

5. xmichaelp macrumors 68000

xmichaelp

They're the same icons as 10.9...

6. KoolAid-Drink macrumors 65816

It was mentioned in Steve Jobs' autobiography. I don't know if it still is happening, though. Just pointing out the possibility.

7. wilhoitm macrumors 6502

8. springsup macrumors 65816

springsup

Remember last year when the iOS7 redesign was finally unveiled?

Apple are a contradictory company - at times they make radical products (like the iPhone), but then become incredibly conservative and iterate on them. OSX has been through that process for over a decade now (in its day, OSX was pretty radical. Compare OSX 10.0 with Windows 2000). That's why people are excited - it's Apple upturning an existing product rather than replacing or iterating on it. People can't wait to see what they've done.

Are we all, honestly, very optimistic that the people who brought you iOS7 are going to improve the existing design of OSX? Personally, I'm not. I think this is change for change's sake. All of the 'design philosophies' Apple said were the focus of the iOS7 redesign are already embodied by the current OSX design.

Really, the thing OSX most needs from Apple is a radically simplified SDK that takes after UIKit. Fingers and toes crossed for that.

9. Cyborg21 macrumors 6502

Cyborg21

But it has Mavericks wallpaper and old icons so, it must be fake? Right? :(

10. ikir macrumors 65816

ikir

The never did things like that, you're just trolling

11. xmichaelp macrumors 68000

xmichaelp

With the 3d dock there is still a gap of unusable screen real estate equal to that of the 2d side dock.

12. DCIFRTHS macrumors 6502a

DCIFRTHS

Great post. Someone at Apple needs to reel in Ives...

13. mangomind macrumors 6502a

mangomind

See article.

14. MikhailT macrumors 601

Just lower your expectations and you'll enjoy it for what it is, a short summary of what is coming in the next minor annual updates to OS X and iOS. There is not much that Apple can do within a year of software development. Just don't expect any more Leopard type of releases and WWDC is for developers mostly.

It is very rare for WWDC to be jaw-dropping, don't expect anything crazy. When crazy things happen, it is a bonus, and that is what made a small number of WWDC events memorable.

15. xmichaelp macrumors 68000

xmichaelp

Because retina res only shows up in 3d design right? Have you seen iOS 7 on a non-retina iPad? Your complaint makes no sense...

16. TC03 macrumors 65816

[​IMG]

17. peterdevries macrumors 68040

peterdevries

1. Can you give an example where this was actually proven or even suspected?
    2. Just think about the effort needed to produce a number of these blurred images. How realistic do you think it is that someone would go through this process and submit it to a site where that person would have no share in any proceedings from ad revenue?

18. ikir macrumors 65816

ikir

I like this look, after the first weeks I got used to iOS7 and when I see iOS6 it seems very old and obsolete in both design and functionality.

I think most users whine too much about flatness, it is always a good thing to have the lastest OS for many reasons.

19. Cyborg21 macrumors 6502

Cyborg21

It looks like Mac OS X Tiger

Attached Files:

20. xmichaelp macrumors 68000

xmichaelp

Not fake, just old. It's from march.

21. peterdevries macrumors 68040

peterdevries

Sorry, but that is incorrect. You can minimise the dock to make it just as small as the 2d version. In addition there is a function to make the dock disappear until you bring the cursor close. You can have all the screen that you need.

22. anshuvorty macrumors 6502a

anshuvorty

Man, this reminds me of iOS 7 leaked image just hours prior to WWDC last year! Those images and descriptions of iOS 7 were so off base in regards to the actual UI that was shown off hours later. In retrospect, what was leaked was actually a very early build of iOS 7 as compared to the actual thing was shown off at WWDC. We might have a case of history possibly repeating itself yet again. Don't think for a second that these blurry images represent the actual thing, all though they could be close to the real deal! Very interesting stuff!

MR strikes again!

23. H2SO4 macrumors 68040

Makes more sense for 3D work though. My printer icon currently looks like this;
    [​IMG]
    I wonder how it’ll appear after?

24. Simon R. macrumors 6502

I doubt a free OS update will max out your credit card :D

25. robertosh macrumors 6502a

robertosh

It doesn't seems to be a very polished version, i hope that the final version will be better. I like the new dock, i always put the dock at the left side so it's very similar of what i use.

I don't like transparencies, it reminds me to Vista :(